8 Soldiers Killed, 22 Injured In Terrorist Attack In Kashmir's Pulwama

AnantS

Country flag
The terrorists came in a car, got down, fired at the tires to immobilize the bus, then tried to enter the bus. That's when the ROPs shot them.

I reiterate my point that SOPs weren't followed as I have mentioned in my post #32 above.

And Regarding equipment you mentioned. This may be of interest to you..... CRPF to shift armoured MPVs from Naxal ops to Kashmir. This was in Feb 2016. Now it's almost July 2016! What happened? Who's been sleeping at the wheel?

http://kashmirreader.com/2016/02/22/crpf-to-shift-armoured-mpvs-from-naxal-ops-to-kashmir/
Mike, as per reports it was the ROP ahead of the bus that neutered. It seems since the convoy was near town, the terrorists managed to hoodwink ROP who mistook it to be just another civilian vehicle in the traffic(!?). As @Bornubus mentioned this would not have been possible without few locals coordinating with Pigs

AnantS

Country flag
I don't remember when was the last time Army suffered a casualty in Convoy Ambush.

Their movement is carried out by MPV which is immune to most of the round used by Jihadis including 7.62

View attachment 9108

However the troop carrying capacity is limited and its not possible to accommodate every troop.

In the recent attack few CRPF jawans were non GD (combat) troops but technical staff, MT etc.
Bornubus agreed MPV have limited load carrying capacity. Thats where Armored Trucks like Tata LPTA 6x6 (developed with helped of DRDO) is the choice to go with which can be up-armored (see the pictures I posted in previous page).

armyofhind

Country flag
Stuffing your post with numerous characters but adding zilch value & only noise to current context is not going to impress anyone. CRPF is not going to dig and build new roads to town/whatever destination they were going to. Just waving "SOP not followed" banner hence CRPF deserved, is not going to cut the ice, unless you are privy to the details of this ambush and investigation report.
The only person who isn't privy to the details of what happened seems to be you here.
It's a well known fact that ambushes occur when basic procedures are neglected.
And as far as roads are concerned, it is a basic rule to avoid usual routes to prevent ambush as that's what the attackers are expecting you to do.

I don't think that is very hard to understand here. Unless you have the intellect of a pinhead.

AnantS

Country flag
The only person who isn't privy to the details of what happened seems to be you here.
It's a well known fact that ambushes occur when basic procedures are neglected.
And as far as roads are concerned, it is a basic rule to avoid usual routes to prevent ambush as that's what the attackers are expecting you to do.

I don't think that is very hard to understand here. Unless you have the intellect of a pinhead.
Oh My I see before even investigations report are with Home Ministry, you already are aware of the result Bravo!!! So lets hear from your big mouth what procedural lapses were found? What were the alternate routes you propose that CRPF did not know of? No its really hard to understand why I am even arguing with knuckle head like you?

armyofhind

Country flag
Oh My I see before even investigations report are with Home Ministry, you already are aware of the result Bravo!!! So lets hear from your big mouth what procedural lapses were found? What were the alternate routes you propose that CRPF did not know of? No its really hard to understand why I am even arguing with knuckle head like you?
The reasons as to why you are arguing are best known to dim intelligence.
You say for yourself that Home Ministry reports are not out yet you're bawling like a maudlin crying yourself hoarse that it happened due to lapses in equipment. o_O
Power to you man.

rishivashista13

Country flag
Mike, as per reports it was the ROP ahead of the bus that neutered. It seems since the convoy was near town, the terrorists managed to hoodwink ROP who mistook it to be just another civilian vehicle in the traffic(!?). As @Bornubus mentioned this would not have been possible without few locals coordinating with Pigs
Correct , terrorists fired on second vehicle in convoy , killing the driver and puncher tyres , so that whole convoy behind that bus stops . Then they open fire on troops and tried to get into the bus , before that ROP came back and neutralize them .

Sent from my Micromax Q380 using Tapatalk

I_PLAY_BAD

apparently for media salman khan's rape comment is more important than lives of soldiers

it's like nobody gives a fk about jawans dying......media only gives attention to officers or in some special occasions like defense personals dying in siachin......

and if the martyrs are from paramilitary tab toh bhoool hi jao
What a finding !
Salman made that comment a week ago and media has already exploited it.
Don't make blatant comments here.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
The last thing we need here is fake fanboys and armchair warlords claiming how adequately "CRPF is equipped"

It won't take a simple googling to figure out their gear, not only by Indians but others too.

They don't have a proper BPJ to begin with.

AnantS

Country flag
The reasons as to why you are arguing are best known to dim intelligence.
You say for yourself that Home Ministry reports are not out yet you're bawling like a maudlin crying yourself hoarse that it happened due to lapses in equipment. o_O
Power to you man.
So Mr Maudlin, May God bless you with more brains, at least enough for you to find your way back to home, without knocking yourself deluded. Rest don't worry about all this discussion as its too much for your, what seems, an already over stressed pea sized brain.

AnantS

Country flag
@Bornubus Do the CRPF fall under Army command in insurgency prone areas, just as it would in war conditions?

armyofhind

Country flag
So Mr Maudlin, May God bless you with more brains, at least enough for you to find your way back to home, without knocking yourself deluded. Rest don't worry about all this discussion as its too much for your, what seems, an already over stressed pea sized brain.
You're being the maudlin here man.. bawling like a child that gear isn't being issued to troops.. while this very point has been dismantled by me and others here that you're not even able to comprehend.. which is natural.. judging by the demeaning account you've given of your dimwit so far..

I mean seriously.. if you've been trying to imply that CRPF doesn't have MPVs and plate carriers, then you're plain delusional.
Don't worry about my brains, mine are very much in place. You seem to be demented and losing his fast. Grasping at the air for anything that you might use to try and support your invalid points.
Go home kid. You'll only wet your pants trying to prove an invalid point here.

Bornubus

@Bornubus Do the CRPF fall under Army command in insurgency prone areas, just as it would in war conditions?
AFAIK according to the superstructure formed in 1993 there is a unified command (Para military, Army and State police ) under state CM.

RR (Army) don't operate in Urban areas but CRPF.

Around 40% CRPF strength deployed in Kashmir valley mostly in Urban areas.

AnantS

Country flag
You're being the maudlin here man.. bawling like a child that gear isn't being issued to troops.. while this very point has been dismantled by me and others here that you're not even able to comprehend.. which is natural.. judging by the demeaning account you've given of your dimwit so far..

I mean seriously.. if you've been trying to imply that CRPF doesn't have MPVs and plate carriers, then you're plain delusional.
Don't worry about my brains, mine are very much in place. You seem to be demented and losing his fast. Grasping at the air for anything that you might use to try and support your invalid points.
Go home kid. You'll only wet your pants trying to prove an invalid point here.
Before babbling like an village Idiot, do you see the ambushed Tata Bus being Armored. Are you such vision impared that you cant get the gist of discussion on this thread? Did you miss the link, that its only recent CRPF has thought of buying MPV's? Before vomiting out crap from your limp brain, try to understand what is being said. ******!

AnantS

Country flag
Peace to all security personals how lost their life for country...

this merit a strong response ... blood for blood !! this is the one and only response ...
And shall be taken. Army wont lie low. Parrikar too indicated.

AnantS

Country flag
AFAIK according to the superstructure formed in 1993 there is a unified command (Para military, Army and State police ) under state CM.

RR (Army) don't operate in Urban areas but CRPF.

Around 40% CRPF strength deployed in Kashmir valley mostly in Urban areas.
And fighting Urban insurgency is heck of difficult job. Its is real steep learning curve for CRPF. They will too be tested as did Army. Does Army give them COIN training before induction ? Any idea about the kind of synergy Army and CRPF has? If my memory serves its only recently CRPF got inducted even for COIN ops? Is that correct?

armyofhind

Country flag
Before babbling like an village Idiot, do you see the ambushed Tata Bus being Armored. Are you such vision impared that you cant get the gist of discussion on this thread? Did you miss the link, that its only recent CRPF has thought of buying MPV's? Before vomiting out crap from your limp brain, try to understand what is being said. ******!
Really? are you new to this or what?
CRPF have MPVs since 2014..maybe even before that.
The gist is being missed by you dumbass.. that despite having MPVs, CRPF officers do not see it fit to insist on using them for every troop movement. Exactly what everyone has been saying - procedures weren't followed. But you being the dullard that you are, won't get it through your thick skull and will stick to your baseless argument.
Have you ever seen RR using unarmored buses for troop movement in an AO?
It would almost seem like you have a personal stake in trying to defend CRPF.. then you're antics here would be somewhat justified.
Make a valid point on the thread. Otherwise if you're not capable of that, keep your yap shut asshole.

Bornubus

And fighting Urban insurgency is heck of difficult job. Its is real steep learning curve for CRPF. They will too be tested as did Army. Does Army give them COIN training before induction ? Any idea about the kind of synergy Army and CRPF has? If my memory serves its only recently CRPF got inducted even for COIN ops? Is that correct?
CRPF has its own CT training center, one in Silchar (Assam) another in Shivpuri (MP)

They also train in Army CJIWS.

In Kashmir they have their intelligence network and also conduct recruitment drive in Kashmir for locals.

The only problem areas i see is South and North Kashmir district bordering Pak.

Our security forces has done a commendable job containing insurgency with limited resources, fighting with SLR, with no BPJ back in 90s and in the most inhospitable place for Hindus which most of our Forces are.

If Pakis faced such an insurgency they would've certainly lost it like Bangladesh.

AnantS

Country flag
Really? are you new to this or what?
CRPF have MPVs since 2014..maybe even before that.
The gist is being missed by you dumbass.. that despite having MPVs, CRPF officers do not see it fit to insist on using them for every troop movement. Exactly what everyone has been saying - procedures weren't followed. But you being the dullard that you are, won't get it through your thick skull and will stick to your baseless argument.
Have you ever seen RR using unarmored buses for troop movement in an AO?
It would almost seem like you have a personal stake in trying to defend CRPF.. then you're antics here would be somewhat justified.
Make a valid point on the thread. Otherwise if you're not capable of that, keep your yap shut asshole.
I am trying shut the asshole that is you, who has been just Diarrheating on the thread. Guess , you being ******, you are too wide open to have any control. Except you, no one else has reached to any conclusion on this thread, lest no one is putting blame on CRPF soldiers. But then you with damaged brain would not understand. Already you are too stressed out due to abuse you have taken your whole life. Congratulations! You are the first Indian to be on my "List of ******s" I ignore.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles