74% Pakistanis do not trust India: survey

Oracle

According to the results of a Gilani Research Foundation survey carried out by Gallup Pakistan, a sizeable majority of Pakistanis stated that they do not trust India (74%) and Russia (69%).

The hostile history Pakistan shares with the two countries might be one of the reasons for these overwhelming sentiments. In the case of Russia, hostile sentiments, relating to the Soviet days, seem to linger on despite major shifts in the geo-political role of Russia.

In a survey, a nationally representative sample of men and women from across the four provinces were asked how much Trust they have in these countries.

The results of the survey indicated that 74 % people did not trust India and 69 % people did not trust Russia. On the other hand, 21 % and 23 % expressed trust in India and Russia respectively. 8 % did not know or gave no response on the question of trust pertaining to Russia whereas 5% did not answer or did not know if they trusted India or not.

Thenation

Country flag
I would view this as a positive. Atleast it is not 100% from previous years.

Oracle

I would view this as a positive. Atleast it is not 100% from previous years.
Yes.

I guess the 21% Pakistanis who view India favourably are the ones who have visited India, and seen India's economic might and have then passed on this message to other Pakistanis. Add to it the cultural identity, which is mostly same.

Country flag
Yes.

I guess the 21% Pakistanis who view India favourably are the ones who have visited India, and seen India's economic might and have then passed on this message to other Pakistanis. Add to it the cultural identity, which is mostly same.
It's even better 26%.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles