7.5 tonne 'maha laddu' kicks off Ganesh festival in Andhra Pradesh

Srinivas_K

Country flag
7.5 tonne 'maha laddu' kicks off Ganesh festival in Andhra Pradesh

RAJAHMUNDRY (ANDHRA PRADESH): Huge 'maha laddus' of 7,500 kg and 5,000 kg made with great dollops of ghee and packed with almonds and cashew nuts have been prepared by two confectionery shops here for the ten-day Ganesh festival beginning tomorrow.

The two 'laddus' will be dispatched to Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh and Khairtabad in Hyderabad for the festival tomorrow.

The Sri Bhakthanjaneya Sweets here has prepared a 7,500 kg laddu for a pandal of Visakha Youth Association, ..

Read more at:
7.5 tonne 'maha laddu' kicks off Ganesh festival in Andhra Pradesh - The Economic Times

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Ganpati Bappa Moreya!!! :pray: :namaste:

I guess Chotta Bheem would like to have this Bada Laddu.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
It will be nice if they can raise funds for children education in villages.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Same for lavish iftar bashes.
Since, I mentioned this idea for children education funding in the villages through these festivals, can I ask for your help in identifying the areas where we can contribute directly to families instead of going through charities in North America?

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Meanwhile in Nagpur, heavy metal ganeshas spotted!

I am just curious if they reuse these idols or do the "Visarjan". What effect these statues have on the water of the river where they are immersed? Has any one factored the pollution caused by hundreds of idols being immersed in the river waters?

Free Karma

I am just curious if they reuse these idols or do the "Visarjan". What effect these statues have on the water of the river where they are immersed? Has any one factored the pollution caused by hundreds of idols being immersed in the river waters?
Not sure about these, they look quite expensive(if you notice, the first one is actually a reused Shiva mould), but most people I know of (and myself) have only used clay/mud idols. The few large ones might be made of paper mache. Govt put out ads in many papers asking not to use plastic idols.

Eesh

Since, I mentioned this idea for children education funding in the villages through these festivals, can I ask for your help in identifying the areas where we can contribute directly to families instead of going through charities in North America?
You mean I fund their education while baap drinks in peace? Man, make them work, don't promote shirking by such crack pot schemes of direct cash doles.

Eesh

They are made of clay. If clay is polluting then ... you have nowhere to hide.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
They are made of clay. If clay is polluting then ... you have nowhere to hide.
I did find out after posting the comments that plaster of Paris was also being used which was polluting the rivers. I hope it s use has been discontinued.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
You mean I fund their education while baap drinks in peace? Man, make them work, don't promote shirking by such crack pot schemes of direct cash doles.
You have a valid point. But education fee can also be paid directly to the school and with the help of third party education material be bought for them. At the present time we use charities to help underprivileged children. They have overhead expenses anywhere from twenty to eighty percent which I would like to bypass.

Free Karma

I did find out after posting the comments that plaster of Paris was also being used which was polluting the rivers. I hope it s use has been discontinued.
Use of PoP for immersion idols is banned in many states, like Gujarat, TN, Goa etc.

Last edited:

Eesh

Come to think. People taking bath in rivers cab be polluting too as people disturb the silt and poor fish might suffer. Then how will crocs will survive? Go futher, why not blast out all the dams and barrages, and let the crocs live. But wait, how will you post here? Better scrap your PC, inet modem. Hell of radiation pollution is caused by them.

Don't preach, do your bit.

Eesh

You have a valid point. But education fee can also be paid directly to the school and with the help of third party education material be bought for them. At the present time we use charities to help underprivileged children. They have overhead expenses anywhere from twenty to eighty percent which I would like to bypass.
But why not make their baaps work?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles