5 Things Muslims Should Have Done!

Discussion in 'Religion & Culture' started by Yusuf, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

Second of the article I talked about in the other thread.

The attacks are a direct result of radicalisation of Islam and hatred for anyone who does not share your belief. Unlike the earlier blasts, Indian Muslims have not been blamed for the recent Mumbai attacks. The attacks were too complicated to blame us. Does that guarantee that the recent attacks will not have any repercussions for the Muslim community? The terrorists must have definitely had some form of local support to get such precise details about their target. They could have got it either through criminal gangs, corrupt people in India or through radicals in our own community.ÂÂVA muslim in India, has the same responsibility to protect his country as any other citizen. Not burying the terrorists is not good enough. Here is a list of things they should have done or at least should do from now on.

1. As attacks took place one after another in various cities, Muslim leaders and imams should spend enough time to calm the hatred and distrust between the two communities. It is not enough to give fatwas that suicide is haraam in Islam. We should educate muslims, that hindus are our neighbours and that in spite of certain events we should not carry hatred for another Indian. We have more to lose than gain due to such animosity. Even at a family level, we should spend time to educate those radicals who have hatred for non-muslims. “They are kafrs, they will go to hell anyways”, is not what you teach your kids. After all it is Allah who decides our fate.

2. We should have engaged other communities in constant dialogue to reduce the hatred. Mosques in India hardly contribute to the other communities except for the occasional iftar parties (which focusses on corrupt politicians). Mosques should guide young muslims to contribute towards secular orphanages and public bodies in their neighbourhood. Mosques in America contribute a lot towards the society. This is also partially because muslims there are not as backward. Disputes like Babri masjid need to resolved. One innocent life is more important than any piece of land.

3. It is high time, we took pride in our country. How many Indian muslims died fighting terrorists in Mumbai? One reason for this is that there aren’t that many muslims anyways in police, NSG and the navy. We should have been there to take the shots. We should urge more muslims to join the public sector especially police and defense.

4. Root out the terrorists amongst us. Indian Muslims are the worst affected due to any of these events. If there are retards who cause harm or intend to cause harm, we need to fight them for the sake of our own survival. We should report suspicious activities and get more involved as true citizens.

5. We should not have voted to those partys that fulfill the petty needs of our muslim leaders. We have to make individual choices and vote for that party which is willing to work towards our development.

Some Indian Muslims still do not understand the gravity of the issue. They continue to point fingers or adopt conspiracy theories. Their logic shocks me while tears roll down my eyes.
    5 Things Muslims Should Have Done! | Indian Muslims

3. Sikh_warrior

Sikh_warrior Defence Professionals Defence Professionals

Nice article Yusuf.

we need more people like you who can guide and take out the community from their 7th century living and thinking.

the community is more exploited and abused rather than being guided towards prosperity!

4. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Cross-posting from elsewhere:

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  5. warriorextreme

warriorextreme Senior Member Senior Member

most of the muslims friends i have are always trying to teach me about islam....they call it dawat-e-islam....i think this should be the first thing indian muslims should change about themselves..
    [COLOR=#fafafa !important]

[/COLOR]​
    [​IMG]

6. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

I have lots of Muslim friends - lots. And in my experience, it is only a very limited number of them who try to teach.

Yusuf, I guess this is also related to the Tannery road vs. Jayanagar aspect that we were speaking of. :lol:

7. warriorextreme

warriorextreme Senior Member Senior Member

may be it depends on what friends one has....i also have one muslim friend who is a total metal music freak and never speaks about islam or any religion for that matter....

8. Yusuf

What matters is who is trying to teach. Some may be those types who teach on heresay, and some who are radical types who want to spread hate and then some like me, who does not want to talk religion with friends but other good things in life when together.

Casual discussion is ok, but preaching is no no for me.

warriorextreme likes this.
  9. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

The five things Indian muslims should do is

1. control population. key to prosperity
    2. education. key to upliftment
    3. self community service. if the govt, doesn't help you, help yourself. will build pride too.
    4. go up the value chain. muslims craftsmen such as tailors, cooks etc. should look to market their products rather than slogging away at a factory for a pittance
    5. reject foreign, extremist influence a la wahabbis and try to incorporate earthly, tolerant influences like those of the sufis etc

pmaitra, ALBY, Naren1987 and 3 others like this.
  10. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

The article is idealist though and i dont expect ordinary muslim to do anything.

Do we dilliwaalas go out of our way to take care of eve teasers ? No.

Do we protest on the streets when girls are raped ? No.

It is foolish to expect ordinary person to do all these things...he has to go to work in the morning and earn to get food on the table.

The onus is only on the chaps that spend there entire time in religious matters.

ALBY and JBH22 like this.
  11. Naren1987

Naren1987 Regular Member

The only thing that Indian Muslims need to do is, to redefine the Islamic world set a standard of modernism, that would be the envy of Muslims all over the world.

A.V. and ALBY like this.
  12. Energon

Energon DFI stars Stars and Ambassadors

Good post. However like it or not this is a two way street. The Hindu right has to cease intimidation and violence and the society at large has to welcome the integration. As long as the Hindu right keeps pressure on the Muslim community in order to "show them their place" the Muslims will remain isolated.

13. ejazr

ejazr Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

I think one big problem is the issue of information dissemination about what Muslims are doing.

For example, about taking a stand against terrorism. I think no where in the world has the Muslim community taken such a grass roots level campaign against terrorism in the name of Islam.

I am referring here mainly to the 4 year city to city campaign mainly by Jamiat Ulema i Hind and other affliated groups that chartered a train all over India and conducted anti-terrorism rallies. Turnout would be atleast a minimum of 50,000 to almost 200,000+ in some places like Hyderabad. I have posted this storied else where but this is just an example that is just not covered in the Mainstream media.
    Azaan for peace and the Sheikh ul Hind Express
    ‘Ask us, hear our explanations, present our views’

Even the much maligned Ahle-Hadees (Salafi/Whabbi groups) have reiterated time and again that Kashmir is an integral part of India. People should realize that it is time to re-look the knee-jerk though process of labeling schools of thoughts within Islam as moderate/fanatic just on the basis of what their school of thought is rather than whether a group is politically religiously motivated or not. For exmple, it was the wahabbi ulema of Saudi Arabia who gave the first fatwa against suicide bombing being UnIslamic and this was referring to Hizbullah suicide attacks against Israel. At the same time it was a Barelvi group in Pakistan that supported and celebrated the killing of the Governor of Punjab,

Here is a 2008 declaration on Kashmir by Indian Muslim religious scholars that again got minimal mention in the media.
    Apart from that more than 50% of Muslims live in the "backward" states of UP,Bihar, W. Bengal and Assam. Everyone including Muslims in these states are poor, have high fertility rates, low literacy and low skilled work participation rates. So this is why the national average for Muslims gets skewed, because of this imbalance.

In recent years, you can see that the Muslim group has seen a sharper fall in Total Fertility rates than any other community. This is aligned with increase in literacy and education as well. So while Muslims should continue to uplift their own communities and not only that but help non-muslim poor as well, the GoI should especially target these backward states holistically and go for inclusive growth in these areas. Privately, there have been many Muslim NGOs that have taken up this task. Infact, the Vision 2016 project that focuses mainly on Muslims but also non-Muslims was given an award for the best project in Saudi Arabia this year for the best project and the Saudi organiser acknowledged that Indian Muslim community can provide leadership to the Muslim world. Indian project steals limelight at IDB workshop - Arab News

When it comes to jobs, the private sector is actually better for Muslims if you look at the Sachar report. For example in the ITES and BPO sectors, Muslims are over-represented in the share of their population. In a way, the job hiring is on the basis of skills and not reservation and they have done well there. In govt. jobs however, its a different story, with almost 50 percent reservation on the basis of castes that pretty much excludes Muslims (or Christians as well); it becomes difficult for poor or backward Muslims to compete and get jobs in the rest of the 50% of the seats although many are talented enough to make it through.

The Indian Muslim community particularly the religious scholars are held in great esteem around the world. I gave the example of how the Vision 2016 project was received. And I am sure that if those question marks can be removed and the GoI can join hands then there is no reason why India can be a moral counterweight to forces of extremism in the Muslim world given its large Muslim community and its acceptance around the world.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
    Yusuf likes this.
  14. Eiffe

Eiffe Regular Member

I can see slowly but surely Muslims prospering. They are actively involved in every fields of life. We still have to do more but atleast
    our Muslim brothers are better off than any other South Asian muslim.

15. communismforindia

communismforindia Tihar Jail Banned

I really appreciate the work done by the muslim groups, but we KNOW much more about Islam... we DONT need an explanation, we need a simple and straight solution, instead of education or showing off to other people what Islam is or teaches.. I think muslims should try their best (THIS IS FOR EACH AND EVERY MUSLIM) to make the younger generation of muslm understand that their country must be more important than their religion/community, that they shouldn't feel isolated from the society but should try their best to mingle with others... they must teach them to not feel likee a victim but proud member of ________ (whichever country).... this the ONLY best solution in my mind to prevent acts of hatred or violence by/against muslims... The major benefit of teaching this lesson is muslims will feel responsible and therefore wont support any act of terrorism which usually doesnt happen due to religous/emotional inclination towards their community... they MUST lear the difference between RIGHT and WRONG , COSMIC WAR (JIHAD) and TERRORISM....

PS. : I know my words might pinch a little and might cause an emotional turmoil, but I must assure you that muslims are as much dear to me as they are to you, This is purely based on my personal experiences and observations.... I cannot and wont change my opinions based on anyone's pressure... this is just what I think would make anti islamic people realize their faults and shed their hatred...

Jai Hind

16. Yusuf

There are no loyalty issues with Muslims. that should be firmly believed. The problems are immense at the lower strata which is very weak, illiterate, gullible and absolutely susceptible to vote bank politics.

Pintu likes this.
  17. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

There is no animus against the Muslim within the average Indian.

The buildup of 'animus' that has manifested itself and misunderstood as a Hindu backlash is evident with the pronouncement by groups led by Togadia and his ilk.

The rationale is not hard to find - vote bank politics that has come to roost in India as a natural phenomenon.

Unless the political parties address the issues that brings us down and apart as Indians and not by religion and caste, nothing seems to be in sight as our Saviour.

What is the difference between a poor Hindu, a poor Muslim, a poor Christian, a poor man?

It is time we eradicated poverty and illiteracy and address these, not from a religious deprivation, but as a pan India problem requiring urgent attention.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
    communismforindia likes this.
  18. communismforindia

work for the country instead of a certain community, reduce population, change mentallity, promote/elect people outside of ur religion, use brains while voting (this is for every Indian), work hard and stop complaining about "discrimination", it doesnt exist... even if it does.... you have reservations :thumb:

19. Yusuf

No harm working for yourself. If you do it lawfully it automatically helps your country. You will have to define "work for your country". No one "works for the country" you just have to be law abiding citizens and go about your business.

Voting within the community is a nation wide problem. Thats how vote bank politics was developed.

You cannot "reduce" population, you can only control its growth.

20. communismforindia

Not, necessarily, Muslims especially are prone to voting people of their own types... its not a universal trend... because.. many minorities are a part of govt. , Also, by working for you country, I dont literally mean cleaning streets etc. , What I mean is to think beyond your community, this again is a major problem of muslim community...
    Saying that voting your own types is a "trend" I think you are completely wrong....

21. communismforindia

A pakistani, without a thorough knowledge of the Indian society obviously will write such comments...
    Muslims are "OUTSIDERS" deal with this fact, even if right wing exists it is to counter balance growing Islamic attacks on Indian cities (espceially from islamic republic of pakistan). If muslim extremist groups cant keep thier feelings to themselves, other communities will have to revolt... although I think, violence is not a good way to go. As far as compromise is concerned, it should be from both the sides (not only hindus, sikhs or other non muslim communities). Muslims cant live behind the curtains/isolation within their community and expect their community to develop. Population is another major factor, there are many muslims who still marry more than one women, this is not good for ever growing population of India. I have also noticed a general hatred for non muslims (in the lower class ofcourse.. ) . These are some of the basic things that isolates muslims from the streamlined society... if u want to protest, it shouldn't only be against RSS or VHP or likes of those, they should protest against gilani, or muslims who prayed for osama in jammu and also in many other places, also in jama masjid in new delhi...
    And also then comes govt. which divides everyone on religious, linguistic, caste basis.... North and south (hindi vs. south India fight), religion, caste (SC/ST etc..)