38 things you MUST know about Malaysia!

Is Malaysian government Racist?

• Total voters

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
BTW, the ultimate irony is that the very term bhumiputra is not even Malay but of Indian (Sanskrit) origin. This is because the great Malays had no civilization or sophisticated culture whatsoever until Indian merchants and Buddhist monks brought it to the region in the early centuries of the first millennium, and the earliest kingdoms in Southeast Asia were almost all Indianized Buddhist states. Malays even today do not have their own civilization, but now follow an Arabic ideology (Islam) instead of an Indian one, and then look down upon the same Indians that civilized them in the first place.
They've tried to address this disconnect between Islam and Hinduism by coming up with hare-brained interpretations of Ramayana which fit in the Islamic Mythology of prophets and Allah.

IIRC Brahma is changed to Allah, some characters are linked to Adam :lol:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I think he is observing this thread at the moment.

:troll:

@asianobserve, I think Mr. Ewald is missing you. :p

I agree that the 38 issues are exaggerated, and look who's posting. However, messenger aside,I must admit that we have to rebalance the decades old policies that are no longer serving Malaysia now. It was necessary back then to quell the widespread discontent among us the majority Malays who were largely deprived of the opportunities by the old colonial order and the ethnic Chinese monopolies. But this is no longer the case now.

The election over all was a close call.

Last edited by a moderator:

amoy

Singapore was once part of the Malaysian union. They broke off (expelled actually) due to discriminatory policies of Malays. However, Singapore turned out waaaay more successful. Take per capita income for eg:

$61,046 - Singapore
$16,942 -Malaysia
Had S'pore (dominantly Chinese)stayed with Malaysia Malay would have lost demogrphic majority hence an eyesore and expelling S'pore a must for Malay politicians.

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Had S'pore (dominantly Chinese)stayed with Malaysia Malay would have lost demogrphic majority hence an eyesore and expelling S'pore a must for Malay politicians.

Chinese of Malaysia control the economy, inspite of Bumiuputra issues.

Singapore too is run by the Chinese business.

Therefore, Malays was keen to get rid of Chinese with the misconception that with lesser Chinese moneybags, they will slowly with their Bhumiputra policies will be able to take control of Malaysia!

amoy

Bhumi putra? Malaysian Fatwa Council banned Muslims from practising yoga. Some states where Islamic party won the election banned the sale of alcohol.

Isn't intermarriage okay but non Muslims need to convert to Islam?

mylegend

In the 80s, Malaysia canceled Chinese medium school and forcing Chinese to go to Malay medium school and therefore causing 25% drop out rate among Chinese student in Malaysia, due to the difficulty to cope the difference of medium of education. That is highly usual given the academic tradition of the population.

Last edited:

mylegend

I'm wondering if Bhumi Putra has much lower women work participation rate, that might be one of main reason of income gap, family income from husband and wife are higher than just from father. Family that has higher income can better educate their children because they are able to pay for tutor.

mylegend

However, the preferential treatment for Malys are justiefied by some Chinese local I have talk to in Sabah. They say closing the income gap can prevent deadly race Riot against chinese like the one in 1969.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
That's true. And Indians and Chinese are not allowed to marry Malays either.
not true Sir, the objection is from the powerful religious organizations and not the governmen, whicht concedes to them only on this one issue

Definitions of bumiputra in public use vary among different institutions, organizations, and government departments and agencies.

Guidebook for entry into public higher learning institutions bumiputra as follows, depending on the region of origin of the individual applicant:

Peninsular Malaysia
"If one of the parents is Muslim Malay/Orang Asli as stated in Article 160 (2) Federal Constitution of Malaysia; thus the child is considered as a Bumiputra"
in fact those chines who have never intermarried and thus remain 100% chinese ethnically but have adopted the malay culture and language as their own are also considered "peranakan" i.e locally born and have bumiputera status whereas those chines who cling to their motherland as china and behave like CCP, beligerent, interpreting politeness as weakness and looking down on the Malays , do not speak malay, make jokes about malays - those are not given B status

- so it's not an ehtnic thing

really the originator of this thread mylegend (?) ( whatta legend ) has cooked his own goose by pointing a finger at malaysia - with three of your own fingers pointing bak, is the low-down of hipocracy !! :rofl:

in malaysa , the issue is religious-linguistic and not ethnic many malays including former pm dr mahathir are part indian , some are part chinese ( recent former ppm abdullah ) and dont tell me they are not well-integrated into the system ? it's the die-hard wannabe CPC members who do not show allegiance to malaysai but rather to china who get the end of the stick !:toilet:

Last edited:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
In the 80s, Malaysia canceled Chinese medium school and forcing Chinese to go to Malay medium school and therefore causing 25% drop out rate among Chinese student in Malaysia, due to the difficulty to cope the difference of medium of education. That is highly usual given the academic tradition of the population.
quite simply - this is a lie ! please check your facts

it is singapore ( a highly sucessful having a majority chinese population ) which has for its own reasons removed all chinese medium schools and replaced them with english medium schools but with chinese ( or any of the 4 official languages ) compulsorily to be studied as a mother-tongue language - and a good pass is obligatory for entrance to university
i have lived in that region - in Brunei - before - so you cant hoodwink me )

chinese medium schools still very much exist in Malaysia

further more your initial post is about comparing the chinese with the malays - so what about the other races ? HUH ?

Last edited:

mylegend

quite simply - this is a lie ! please check your facts

it is singapore ( a highly sucessful having a majority chinese population ) which has for its own reasons removed all chinese medium schools and replaced them with english medium schools but with chinese ( or any of the 4 official languages ) compulsorily to be studied as a mother-tongue language - and a good pass is obligatory for entrance to university
i have lived in that region - in Brunei - before - so you cant hoodwink me )

chinese medium schools still very much exist in Malaysia

further more your initial post is about comparing the chinese with the malays - so what about the other races ? HUH ?
Before finger pointing and accusing me of lying. I'm talking about free public school... If you check the 80s policy change, that is clearly on the record. You must be blind to not notice that.
Public secondary education in Malaysia is provided by National Secondary Schools (Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan, SMK). National Secondary Schools use Malay as the main medium of instruction. English is a compulsory subject in all schools.
The Malaysian Chinese Association (MCA) pointed out an estimated 25% of Chinese students drop out before reaching the age of 18; the annual dropout rate is estimated to be over 100,000 and worsening.
Battle to save Malaysia's Chinese dropouts

Last edited:

mylegend

not true Sir, the objection is from the powerful religious organizations and not the government concedes to them only on this one issue

in fact those chines who have never intermarried and thus remain 100% chinese ethnically but have adopted the malay culture and language as their own are also considered "peranakan" i.e locally born and have bumiputera status whereas those chines who cling to their motherland as china and behave like CCP, beligerent, interpreting politeness as weakness and looking down on the Malays , do not speak malay, make jokes about malays - those are not given B status

- so it's not an ehtnic thing

really the originator of this thread mylegend (?) ( whatta legend ) has cooked his own goose by pointing a finger at malaysia - with three of your own fingers pointing bak, is the low-down of hipocracy !! :rofl:

in malaysa , the issue is religious-linguistic and not ethnic many malays including former pm dr mahathir are part indian , some are part chinese ( recent former ppm abdullah ) and dont tell me they are not well-integrated into the system ? it's the die-hard wannabe CPC members who do not show allegiance to malaysai but rather to china who get the end of the stick !:toilet:
Are you calling all Indian Malaysian die-hard wannabe CPC members who do not show allegiance to malaysai but rather to china who get the end of the stick
It seems like Indian Malaysian are also not getting bhumi putra status. Also, do you know one basic requirement to be Muslim. So you are telling me that by being non-muslim, Chinese and Indian Malaysian are cling to their motherland as china and behave like CCP, beligerent, interpreting politeness as weakness and looking down on the Malays , do not speak malay, make jokes about malays - those are not given B status. You argument is indeed amusing.

You statement of Chinese Malaysian do not speak Malaysian is also baseless and insulting. Immigrants regardless of their background have work hard in Malaysia, and vast majority of them speak Malays fluently. However, as long as they are not Muslim, they will not be consider as Bhumis Putra. This is true to the Chinese and it is also true to Indian.

Last edited:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Before finger pointing and accusing me of lying.
my family was posted to brunei when i was a teenager, ( and now with the internet - whcih is restricted in china, i can keep up with the events in south-east aisa ) so no point trying to pull the wool .......

please ready this :- http://www.tremeritus.com/2013/05/05/najib-is-right-singapore-has-no-chinese-schools-anymore/
in which is is clearly stated malaysia has chinese-meduium not only schools but even a university !
btw "Najib" refers to the PM of Malaysia His:Excellency Tun Najib

as for the chinese language university in Malayysia ( all subjects in mandarin chinese ) the website is
Southern University College

pls stop accusing malaysia ! - look at your own record of the way YOU treat the UYGHURS and the TIBETANS not to mention the mongolians and the manchus

do you have a tibetan language university ? an Uyghur language university ? how about manchu university

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Any links?

Article 160 defines a Malay as being one who "professes the religion of Islam, habitually speaks the Malay language, conforms to Malay customs and is the child of at least one parent who was born within the Federation of Malaysia before independence of Malaya on 31 August 1957, or the issue (off-spring) of such a person."

In view of this could you reconcile your statement

chines who have never intermarried and thus remain 100% chinese ethnically but have adopted the malay culture and language as their own are also considered "peranakan" i.e locally born and have bumiputera status

Last edited:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Any links?

Article 160 defines a Malay as being one who "professes the religion of Islam, habitually speaks the Malay language, conforms to Malay customs and is the child of at least one parent who was born within the Federation of Malaysia before independence of Malaya on 31 August 1957, or the issue (off-spring) of such a person."

In view of this could you reconcile your statement
short of time , but here is one ( in fact you also quted the same ref ) :-

Bumiputera (Malaysia) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

from which i quote from the section headilined "Definition" - just below the number 3 Sarawak we read ( cut and past verbatim ) :-

Definition

The concept of a bumiputra ethnic group in Malaysia was coined by Tunku Abdul Rahman. It recognized the "special position" of the Malays provided in the Federal Constitution of Malaysia, in particular Article 153. But, the constitution does not use the term "bumiputra"; it defines only "Malay" and "indigenous peoples" (Article 160(2)),[2] "natives" of Sarawak (161A(6)(a)),[3] and "natives" of Sabah (Article 161A(6)(b)).[3] Definitions of bumiputra in public use vary among different institutions, organizations, and government departments and agencies.

In the book Buku Panduan Kemasukan ke Institusi Pengajian Tinggi Awam, Program Pengajian Lepasan SPM/Setaraf Sesi Akademik 2007/2008 (Guidebook for entry into public higher learning institutions for SPM/equivalent graduates for academic year 2007/2008), the Malaysian Higher Education Ministry defined bumiputra as follows, depending on the region of origin of the individual applicant:[4]

Peninsular Malaysia
"If one of the parents is Muslim Malay/Orang Asli[5] as stated in Article 160 (2) Federal Constitution of Malaysia; thus the child is considered as a Bumiputra"
Sabah
"If one of the parents is a Muslim Malay or indigenous native of Sabah as stated in Article 160A (6)(a) Federal Constitution of Malaysia; thus his child is considered as a Bumiputra"
Sarawak
"If both of the parent are indigenous natives of Sarawak as stated in Article 160A (6)(b) Federal Constitution of Malaysia; thus their child is considered as a Bumiputra"

In addition to the interpretation given above, a broader definition of bumiputra include groups such as the Indonesian Pribumis, Malaysian Siamese, Muslim Indian Malaysians, Straits Chinese or Peranakan, Khmer people and the Kristang people of Portuguese-Eurasian descent.[6] Most of these encompass the community that have been established in southeast Asia prior the arrival of the British colonist .......

Last edited:

mylegend

my family was posted to brunei when i was a teenager, ( and now with the internet - whcih is restricted in china, i can keep up with the events in south-east aisa ) so no point trying to pull the wool .......

please ready this :- http://www.tremeritus.com/2013/05/05/najib-is-right-singapore-has-no-chinese-schools-anymore/
in which is is clearly stated malaysia has chinese-meduium not only schools but even a university !
btw "Najib" refers to the PM of Malaysia His:Excellency Tun Najib

as for the chinese language university in Malayysia ( all subjects in mandarin chinese ) the website is
Southern University College

pls stop accusing malaysia ! - look at your own record of the way YOU treat the UYGHURS and the TIBETANS not to mention the mongolians and the manchus

do you have a tibetan language university ? an Uyghur language university ? how about manchu university
I was stating that secondary national school not the private schools. Comparing Singapore and Malaysia is inappropriate, Singapore has no such thing as Bhumi Putra. Before telling me stop accusing Malaysia, I did not. I was stating the truth and the obvious.

Minority policy in Malaysia seems much more significant than in China given their population ratio
according CIA world factbook
Malay 50.4%, Chinese 23.7%, indigenous 11%, Indian 7.1%, others 7.8%
This thread is dedicated to policy in Malaysia. You can bash Chinese minority policy all you want in the thread that is dedicated to that issue. Many have already exist in this forum.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
i should explain that the term "straits chinese or peranakan " refers to a large community of ethnic chines who have lived in malaya ( Malaysia) for more than 5 (five) generations , speak malay , adopt malay customs, language and dress , are mostly catholic or taoist and not muslim in religion i.e to all intents and purposes they are almost malay but not muslim in religion

- there are ample resources on t e ineternet eg https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#...616,d.ZWU&fp=bf710c970a5f7f3f&biw=742&bih=460

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
He did obeserved and voiced his opinion by that liked
"Liking" a post attacking China is not defending Malaysia. For that matter, having a Malaysian flag on DFI does not mean being Malaysian.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles