30-story hotel built in China, only took 360 hours, timelapse video included

cir

Video:

http://player.youku.com/player.php/sid/XMzQwNzE3OTA0/v.swf

This is something truly amazing, Xian Min Zhang sent in a video to Gizmodo of his company's latest project, a 30-story tall, 183,000-square-foot hotel built in just 360 hours. 360 hours is just an amazing 15 days. What is more impressive is that it's not just a simple hotel built, there are some great features built-in.
The hotel was built near the Dongting lake, in the Hunan Province, China, by Broad Group, a Chinese construction company who specializes in sustainable architecture. The building uses prefabricated modules (with a +/- 0.2mm precision in the fabrication process) mounted on a steel structure, with diagonal steel bracing.

What impressed me the most, are the following features of the building: it can resist a 9-magnitude earthquake (and was tested by the China Academy of Building Research), which is claimed to be five times more earthquake-resistant than conventional buildings. It is also five times more more energy efficient, with 6-inch thick glass curtain wall insulation and four-paned windows with built-in shades, a heat recovery system and 3-stage filtration air conditioning process that actually purifies indoor air to be 20 times (!) purer than the air outside.

Given that China has serious pollution problems, this is actually quite an amazing feat. On top of this, there's even air quality monitoring in every room. Amazing! The next question is, when will this company start opening up manufacturing plants across the world, and if labor is too expensive, when will they start shipping out virtually pre-built (in parts like Ikea) and building them everywhere. How can countries like America, etc take months, or even years to build something equivalent, and at times, with sometimes half or if any of these features.

30-story building built in China, only took 360 hours, timelapse video included :: TweakTown USA Edition

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Amazing!

However, did any inspector check the same for structural and other innovations efficiency?

Blackwater

With today's modern building technique. It's normal. Today u made all parts and to assemble them in 15 days is not that difficult:namaste::namaste::namaste::thumb::thumb:

mylegend

After watching the video, I do not think they include the time to build the foundation. However, still extremely impressive. I also believe it took 15 working days to build but not 15 days exactly to finished the building. I read from somewhere else there is "typical 28-day cure time for the concrete that would fill those caissons (foundation members)HES admixtures that they could have used to achieve this would lead to a lot of durability problems in the very near future."

So I do believe it may actually take longer. Still, it is impressive. I believe they partially skip the foundation building part.

Last edited:

tiranga

Tihar Jail
Banned
Congratulations to my Chinese friends!! great development, do teach some of our lazy workers how to do fast work ... thanks...

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

Last edited by a moderator:

ganesh177

Country flag
that is amazing by our standards where we see a road or bridge being built for years or even decades.

mylegend

The reason is due to poor foundation, the construction company didn't spend enough time with the foundation part. the people responsible for the construction and the devoloper are in Jail right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

tiranga

Tihar Jail
Banned
The reason is due to poor foundation, the construction company didn't spend enough time with the foundation part. the people responsible for the construction and the devoloper are in Jail right now.
lol. atleast they were jailed... we would have celebrated them atleast for a week

Blackwater

that is amazing by our standards where we see a road or bridge being built for years or even decades.
we can also build if we are sincere .In India delays are caused by corruption and lack of will.

ganesh177

Country flag
we can also build if we are sincere .In India delays are caused by corruption and lack of will.
Yes sir, we can.
In india delays are not only caused by corruptions but by low standards of work culture and infrastructure.

lemontree

Professional
Amazing, but I would not recommend such speed. The cement has to be treated with one monsoon, so that the building remains strong and does not crumble.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles