3 officers dead, others injured in Baton Rouge shooting

pmaitra

3 officers dead, others injured in Baton Rouge shooting

BATON ROUGE - Three law enforcement officers - two from the Baton Rouge Police Department and one from the East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Office - have been killed after six were shot in Baton Rouge Sunday morning, according to authorities from the East Baton Parish Sheriff's Office.

The lone suspected shooter is dead, according to Louisiana State Police.

Three officers were also injured -- one East Baton Parish Sheriff's deputy is in critical condition and two have non-life threatening injuries.
Three police officers killed, three others wounded in Baton Rouge shooting before attacker fatally shot
Three police officers were killed and three others injured in a shooting Sunday morning in Baton Rouge, authorities said. The suspect, identified as Gavin Long, was shot and killed at the scene and police said, appeared to be acting alone. The deaths followed by only 10 days the fatal shootings of five Dallas police officers by Micah Xavier Johnson and amid a swell of heated controversy and demonstrations about the shootings by police of unarmed black men in Minnesota and Baton Rouge.

The three Baton Rouge officers were identified as Matthew Gerald, 41, a Marine and Army veteran who served in Iraq before joining the Baton Rouge police, Montrell Jackson, 32, also of the Baton Rouge police department and Brad Garafola, 45, of the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office. Gerald left a wife and two daughters. Jackson was the father of an infant about four months old. Garafola was married with four children. Another deputy was in critical condition after the shooting, Edmonson said at a briefing.

While police offered few immediate details about the exact origins of the incident, they say the violent incident unfolded early Sunday when officers responded to reports of a man carrying a rifle in an area filled with grocery stores and other businesses.

Col. Michael D. Edmonson of the Louisiana State Police, the agency taking the lead on the investigation, stressed Sunday afternoon that there was no active shooting situation and that police had killed the armed attacker, who died during a shootout with officers. Police provided no motive for the attack.

The attacker was identified Sunday afternoon as Long, according to two law enforcement officials familiar with the investigation. Authorities are exploring whether more than one person may have played a role in the incident, according to both officials, who asked not to be identified discussing an ongoing investigation. Sunday was Long’s 29th birthday, according to one official. Long was identified in media reports confirmed by his military record as a Marine who achieved the rank of sergeant and had been deployed to Iraq before leaving service in August, 2010. Under a pseudonym, Long also made videos posted on YouTube, the most recent of which derided demonstrations like those after the shooting by Baton Rouge police of Alton Sterling two weeks ago, and advocated “bloodshed” instead.
Continued from: http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...ver-police-killings.76894/page-5#post-1186550

pmaitra

Things are becoming really bad in the US. This happens in India around elections. Never imagined things in the US could get this nasty.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
This is the suspect guy:

Source: heavy.com

@pmaitra :

Again ex-military and black.

I heard the Black panthers are becoming quite active, which means kkk-types will also start getting more active. This is headed towards Race-war????

pmaitra

Looks like it. This was bound to happen. I wouldn't be surprised if martial law is imposed in parts of the US.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Looks like it. This was bound to happen. I wouldn't be surprised if martial law is imposed in parts of the US.
There have been many race-riots in the US before like in LA, Chicago, Tulsa, New york and so on. They were mostly subdued by calling in the National Guard, I think.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
@pmaitra : It is rarely mentioned but the fact is that the Tiananmen sq. protests actually began as an anti-african protest.
I know sounds strange and absurd but it is true.
It started in southern city of Nanjing (Southern capital) as anti-african protests with posters like "Stop taking advantage of Chinese women"
Soon it spread to Beijing (and other cities) and took the form of anti-govt. protests, with a little nudging from "our partners in the West."

pmaitra

@pmaitra : It is rarely mentioned but the fact is that the Tiananmen sq. protests actually began as an anti-african protest.
I know sounds strange and absurd but it is true.
It started in southern city of Nanjing (Southern capital) as anti-african protests with posters like "Stop taking advantage of Chinese women"
Soon it spread to Beijing (and other cities) and took the form of anti-govt. protests, with a little nudging from "our partners in the West."
Is it? I was not aware of this. How did the west manage to infiltrate PRC given they have a pretty authoritarian regime?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Is it? I was not aware of this. How did the west manage to infiltrate PRC given they have a pretty authoritarian regime?
Keep Ukraine and other color revolutions in the back of your mind and here we go.

Sources: Many, memory etc
So the blacks had arrived in large numbers to Chinese (and Soviet) colleges, an initiative for world communism. The blacks did not behave too well with the chinese women and apparently this sparked off "student" protests in Nanjing. This soon spread to big cities of Shanghai and beijing. And suddenly lots of so called "students" (*cough cough* peaceful protesters a la Ukropia *cough cough*) came to the open spaces (Tiananmen)
Just like in Ukraine they had all the stuff they needed to persist their presence. :hmm: How did people of a poor country like china afford that??
And VOA (Voice of America) broadcasts increased intensity, spread confusion and incited protests.

Finally also this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Yellowbird

"The operation obtained its name from the Chinese expression 'The mantis stalks the cicada, unaware of the yellow bird behind'"
We can guess who the main characters of this expression represent. :)

All this leads me to think there was at least some involvement from the West.

pmaitra

Hi,

Exploring on the posts from you & @Razor:---

Firearms for protection is one thing, but enabling violence as a distraction & recreation has made it impossible for the US to live without it. If probed deeper into the human mind, it is not about racism, but about boredom.
A person who has experienced its intoxication will never be content with any other job or activity.

We are also racist, but we don't go around killing people ---- because we have not been raised on the 'high' it gives.

Example:---
From a psychological point, the war on terror is nothing more than a recreational sport for an angry US mob bred on violence. Terrorists are still roaming free in Pakistan.
The unnecessary murders, rapes and atrocities by US soldiers in the Middle East are because some immature 18 yr old boys wanted an 'enemy to fight / the thrill of the hunt' to satisfy their pursuit for contentment in their lives.
Rome was the same & like Rome, the slightest anger from the mob will create anarchy.

And it seems it has; glorified by legalized violence and Hollywood, the US has run out of enemies to feed their angry populace. They have been living off Iraq and Afghanistan for 14 years. Then there was ISIS, now with ISIS almost finished, they are turning on each other, where the enemy is the one with a different skin colour (black, brown, red and white are all equally pretentious and manipulative).

To control this, they need a new enemy, but who? China?........ Then Pakistan?..... Russia? .......India??
Soon more countries will fall victim to recreational violence disguised as 'the war against the enemies of America'.

PS: China is not much different either.... they just offer a different idea to be content with life...that of a superior communist empire.
My responses are italized and indented:

Firearms for protection is one thing, but enabling violence as a distraction & recreation has made it impossible for the US to live without it. If probed deeper into the human mind, it is not about racism, but about boredom.
A person who has experienced its intoxication will never be content with any other job or activity.

I don't think firearms are meant for distraction. Many in the US wish they could do away with guns, but opinion is divided.

From a psychological point, the war on terror is nothing more than a recreational sport for an angry US mob bred on violence. Terrorists are still roaming free in Pakistan.

Many US politicians are connected in various capacities with various defence companies. Many politicians have a lot of people in their constituency employed by these defense companies. Therefore, in order to preserve jobs, it is important for these companies to continue to sell weapons. Weapons are sold to the US military and foreign militaries. When the US wages war, the US government has to use its weapons, and thus, it has to buy more weapons. Also, it is a good advertisement for US weapons, thus helping win customers abroad. I don't think the US is an angry mob bred on violence. The US is a very polite society.

And it seems it has; glorified by legalized violence and Hollywood, the US has run out of enemies to feed their angry populace. They have been living off Iraq and Afghanistan for 14 years.

The US does not need to feed their angry populace. Rather, the US needs to make the otherwise not so angry population angry by creating strawman enemies around the world. The purpose is to motivate them to go and fight wars. These wars do not necessarily help the US public or average US taxpayer per se, but does help the defence industries.

Then there was ISIS, now with ISIS almost finished, they are turning on each other, where the enemy is the one with a different skin colour (black, brown, red and white are all equally pretentious and manipulative).

When you have different races, you will have such race issues propping up. Yes, some members of every race are pretentious and manipulative in equal measure.

Last edited:

kr9

Country flag
My responses are italized and indented:

I don't think firearms are meant for distraction. Many in the US wish they could do away with guns, but opinion is divided.

Many US politicians are connected in various capacities with various defence companies. Many politicians have a lot of people in their constituency employed by these defense companies. Therefore, in order to preserve jobs, it is important for these companies to continue to sell weapons. Weapons are sold to the US military and foreign militaries. When the US wages war, the US government has to use its weapons, and thus, it has to buy more weapons. Also, it is a good advertisement for US weapons, thus helping win customers abroad. I don't think the US is an angry mob bred on violence. The US is a very polite society.

And it seems it has; glorified by legalized violence and Hollywood, the US has run out of enemies to feed their angry populace. They have been living off Iraq and Afghanistan for 14 years.

The US does not need to feed their angry populace. Rather, the US needs to make the otherwise angry population angry bu creating strawman enemies around the world. The purpose is to motivate them to go anf fight wars. These wars do not necessarily help the US public or average US taxpayer per se, but does help the defence industries.

Then there was ISIS, now with ISIS almost finished, they are turning on each other, where the enemy is the one with a different skin colour (black, brown, red and white are all equally pretentious and manipulative).

When you have different races, you will have such race issues propping up. Yes, some members of every race are pretentious and manipulative in equal measure.
I agree on the defence corporations and their greed.

But, as I understand, the US military has an enlistment / draft system. Creating 'strawman enemies' is therefore dangerous in the long run. It is not the same set of soldiers going to wars, but a different pool every time. Over the years, this has created a majority civilian population with military experience who are not career soldiers.

And when these civilians come back, they have trouble readjusting. And with the number of wars the US is involved in, there are more veterans in civilian life now...with varying degrees of PTSD or minor psychological issues.
Hence my reference to an "angry mob".

I believe that the average US citizen is indeed polite and warm in interactions under normal circumstances. But that will break down given the right amount of duress (in this case...the idea of racial profiling by the police).

pmaitra

I agree on the defence corporations and their greed.

But, as I understand, the US military has an enlistment / draft system. Creating 'strawman enemies' is therefore dangerous in the long run. It is not the same set of soldiers going to wars, but a different pool every time. Over the years, this has created a majority civilian population with military experience who are not career soldiers.

And when these civilians come back, they have trouble readjusting. And with the number of wars the US is involved in, there are more veterans in civilian life now...with varying degrees of PTSD or minor psychological issues.
Hence my reference to an "angry mob".

I believe that the average US citizen is indeed polite and warm in interactions under normal circumstances. But that will break down given the right amount of duress (in this case...the idea of racial profiling by the police).
Yes, I agree. You got it spot on.

There are many people who come back from the war zone and when they see that their people (in this case African Americans) being mistreated, they try to resolve the problem the same way they resolves problems in Afghanistan or Iraq.

pmaitra

@kr9, I have corrected some typos in my post. I assume you got the gist of my post.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles