3 muslims Shot dead in hatecrime, North Carolina, USA

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I never said..I wont support people from countries with poorer economy coming over to India looking for jobs.Has any been killed becauase they are poor and talk a different language or religion.

Does the DFI constitute the entire India? There are people who comment about things but they dont go out on the street and shoot Bangladeshi immigrant. There are a lot of Bangladeshi immmigrants who work in India.

Making fun with a racist inclination inorder to hurt or provoke is racism not sarcasm.
Ps: Word of the day for you is "Eristic"
Really? How many americans in here complain of racism cuz of the dress they wear in here? Majority dont give a damn about what they wear.
We do make fun of ourself, thats the point we make fun of us all and we are tolerant.. but we dont go shooting people or make deregatory gestures or throw stones at people cuz they wear something which we think is not a norm.

Dont be igno rant of the fact and argue for the arguement sake.

Really? In my place,I see my African friends in college campus and a few playing in football clubs and they are not looked down upon something.They are a part and parcel of our society very much like all of us.
The more of the people in DFI was pointing to how the Africans are into drug cartel and other money laundering schemes.

You were pointing to the fact that we are intolerant to migration from pooerer countries and with Yezidis example I am telling you that people do consider India as a destination
Given a choice.... India is a choice for a few who chose to come to India.

And to give you an idea about what EU parliament did.

Art of Living reaches out Yazidis, Shias and Christians in Iraq

Indians doing their bit. There are other organizations too.
OK, You do have a point. :thumb:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
You can never have "enough workers" of any kind in any country
No, we have enough low-skilled workers at the moment. And there is a massive, huge disguised unemployment in the rural hinterland. 18% of India's GDP is contributed by agriculture. And it employs 55% of India's population. Therein lies the problem.

Agricultural yields can double, while employing 10% of the people it employs now. The remaining 90% are surplus labour, which exist only due to lack of alternative employment opportunities. We are talking of 600 million labourers here.

As India continues urbanizing, industrializing and modernizing, we will gradually absorb all this surplus labour of 600 million people into alternative professions. Truck drivers, vegetable sellers, welders, carpenters, coal miners, factory workers, painters, pizza delivery men, car mechanics, waiters, cooks, etc. etc. etc.

Only a mad nation would accept low-skilled labour from other nations when we have a surplus of 600 million people here, who need employment.

Your views on this subject are an extension of your views on population control, which is the one subject on which I strongly disagree with you. You gave your family's example, where your mother and aunts were gainfully employed. Your mother's case comprises 5% of the nation's births. In 95% of the cases, we end up with surplus of unskilled labour, of which we already have abundance - 600 million people. Providing employment to those 600 million people will take 50 years, in the very best case. If you add another 600 million by that time, you are chasing a moving target, and will never achieve national prosperity.

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Related, news just coming in:

[tweet]567336392405970944[/tweet]
Victim was working at his father's liquor store.

Edison man, 28, gunned down at father's Irvington business, authorities say | NJ.com

Murray and Malik said the business is owned by Patel's father. Authorities said they were looking into whether the shooting may have been the result of a robbery, but said it was too early in the investigation to be sure.
I used to live next door to Irvington when it had a large German-American community and businesses like butchers (Deutches Wurstgeschäfte) and bakeries. My grandparents are buried in Hollywood Cemetery there.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
I agree with this chap:

[tweet]567340250179985409[/tweet]

Lets not sensationalize this now. Obama deserved some bashing for his "religious tolerance" shit which he parroted, at the insistence of Christian far-right lobbies - and he has been bashed enough, the message has definitely reached him by now.

Lets put that behind us now and avoid sensationalism.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
No, we have enough low-skilled workers at the moment. And there is a massive, huge disguised unemployment in the rural hinterland. 18% of India's GDP is contributed by agriculture. And it employs 55% of India's population. Therein lies the problem.

Agricultural yields can double, while employing 10% of the people it employs now. The remaining 90% are surplus labour, which exist only due to lack of alternative employment opportunities. We are talking of 600 million labourers here.

As India continues urbanizing, industrializing and modernizing, we will gradually absorb all this surplus labour of 600 million people into alternative professions. Truck drivers, vegetable sellers, welders, carpenters, coal miners, factory workers, painters, pizza delivery men, car mechanics, waiters, cooks, etc. etc. etc.

Only a mad nation would accept low-skilled labour from other nations when we have a surplus of 600 million people here, who need employment.

Your views on this subject are an extension of your views on population control, which is the one subject on which I strongly disagree with you. You gave your family's example, where your mother and aunts were gainfully employed. Your mother's case comprises 5% of the nation's births. In 95% of the cases, we end up with surplus of unskilled labour, of which we already have abundance - 600 million people. Providing employment to those 600 million people will take 50 years, in the very best case. If you add another 600 million by that time, you are chasing a moving target, and will never achieve national prosperity.
Wow. I dont know where to begin. This is a very deep seated bias(bias against population and immigration) so I think I should try arguing with a different example.

For that I need you to, atleast for the sake of the argument, think that I am not a mad man . For instance, I used to think like you or @pmaitra as late as the mid 2013s-

1. Population is bad. We dont have enough room. Population causes poverty etc etc etc
2. Immigration of high skilled labors- doctors , engineers etc out of India = bad for India due to brain drain,
3. Immigration of low skilled labors- like construction workers, manual laborers etc to ME and other countries = bad for India, because they are working for the betterment of their host nations, instead of betterment of their own society(India)
4. Immigration from other countries like Bangladesh is bad, because they steal out jobs?

(pls note the contradictory 3rd and 4th points ;) )

What changed now? May be because I became mad in a single year? Or may be I probably thought about it deeper and came to the conclusion that my previous positions were wrong?

So you guys should atleast consider that I am not mad and that I might have a point before we argue on this subject. I think this issue is a very serious one and frankly it is worth thinking about. And I am not intending any sarcasm or pun here, just acknowledging that my views might come across as a view of a mad man for anyone with "mainstream" thought. Even I would have come to the same conclusion about someone if they had said the same thing two years back.

So shall debate about it? At worst you guys are going to waste your time for one hour or so, and if you guys make convincing argument, I will go back to my previous "mainstream" view on this matter ?
@Bangalorean @pmaitra ??

Last edited by a moderator:

pmaitra

@Mad Indian, did you not open a thread on this immigration, skilled-labour etc., topic? Why don't we carry on there? We are deviating from this Chapel Hill massacre.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
Murder incident to robbery is not a hate crime then. Good to know.
Um.... not unless the victim was targeted specifically due to a social attribute of some sort... race, gender, sexuality, religion etc. So no, unless there's evidence of such a bias at play it isn't a hate crime. Was there any such evidence?

DingDong

Country flag
Finally BJP has made an statement on growing racial and religious intolerance in the US. US lecturing us on tolerance was like the pot calling the kettle black. Isn't US the country where black people got voting rights after 70s?

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Hindu temple vandalised with hate message in Seattle Metropolitan area of Washington state

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It appears that either the Americans are an ignorant class to not know the different races, religions of people around the world or they are simply intolerant to anything non Christians or white in colour.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles