2025: Who will overtake US Economy First?

Vladimir79

Professional
The American hegemony also came quite peacefully.
Yeah, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Panama, Iraq, Afghanistan... those were really peaceful. Not to mention their proxy state Usrael and the wars they support.

dineshchaturvedi

Country flag
I do not see China and India growing bigger then USA. I see challenges for India in future. So far we have done well but one has to understand that most of the business coming to us is due to cost benefit. I am seeing that India is becoming costly and it is going to become costlier. I hope that it will not reach a point where other options becomes cheaper. I see other counties getting new business. So you never know, I am sure other countries will challenge China too.

p2prada

Yeah, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Panama, Iraq, Afghanistan... those were really peaceful. Not to mention their proxy state Usrael and the wars they support.
American hegemony came after the Soviet demise. Before that the Soviets challenged American hegemony.

The Soviet demise was quite peaceful and USA became the only superpower that we see today.

badguy2000

Respected Member
American hegemony came after the Soviet demise. Before that the Soviets challenged American hegemony.

The Soviet demise was quite peaceful and USA became the only superpower that we see today.
USA"s hegemony was handed over peacefully by UK after WW II.
case was very simple that UK could not burden the reponsiblity of a global supremacy and have to hand it over to one that can burden it.

Soviet was just challenger and never succeeded.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
After the demise of the USSR, within the space of 18 years, the US got itself involved in 4 wars. Hardly peaceful.

The US is always itching for war using one excuse or another.

badguy2000

Respected Member
After the demise of the USSR, within the space of 18 years, the US got itself involved in 4 wars. Hardly peaceful.

well, wel the 4 "wars" are noit real wars,but "military exercises"

p2prada

Too small. I am talking about crushing the opponent with military force. Imagine a US-Soviet Nuclear War in 1990.

We were discussing about a US-China war, China wins and takes control of world affairs. Not happening(the war I mean).

badguy2000

Respected Member
well, foreign "economists" hardly know exactly what is happening in china....
,because what is happening in China is against what they were taught in their schools.

According to west economy principles, Chinese economy should have collapsed long long ago

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
,because what is happening in China is against what they were taught in their schools.

According to west economy principles, Chinese economy should have collapsed long long ago
Even if one thinks rationally it is easy to understand what problems China is going to face in the future. Gordon Chang makes more sense than any Chinese economist, if there is any.

All your are stimulus is going into Stock bubble, real estate bubble and bad loans. This will obviously come back to bite the Chinese economy.

badguy2000

Respected Member
Even if one thinks rationally it is easy to understand what problems China is going to face in the future. Gordon Chang makes more sense than any Chinese economist, if there is any.

All you are stimulus is going into Stock bubble, real estate bubble and bad loans. This will obviously come back to bite the Chinese economy.
I am very happy to hear that you appreciate Gordon Chang so much....pls keep on.

I cannot believe a loser by the name of Gordon Chang can spread hogwash all over the places again. I followed his advice (in his book "Coming collapse of China") and shorted Chinese markets in the mid 1990s. Since then the China's markets advanced more than 3000% and needlessly to say I suffered heavy losses. OK, I blame myself for being stupid enough to listen to an *****. By the way, in the same 15 year time frame the American stock market suffered 6 bear market, and is where it was 15 years ago!

Now I know better, Mr. Chang has knows nothing about economics and business. All he knows is politics, politics, and stupid politics. Could you please move your hogwash to where it belongs (e.g. Young Replibcans for Future America?) I am a loyal Forbes fan and all I need to know is fact, fact, and more fact. Who needs your stupid opinions anyway?
Forbes.com - Comments

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
I am very happy to hear that you appreciate Gordon Chang so much....pls keep on.

I cannot believe a loser by the name of Gordon Chang can spread hogwash all over the places again. I followed his advice (in his book "Coming collapse of China") and shorted Chinese markets in the mid 1990s. Since then the China's markets advanced more than 3000% and needlessly to say I suffered heavy losses. OK, I blame myself for being stupid enough to listen to an *****. By the way, in the same 15 year time frame the American stock market suffered 6 bear market, and is where it was 15 years ago!
Well, this guy who wrote that comment looks like a CCP stooge. If the book is published in 2001, how this guy can take his advice from a future book and shorted Chinese markets in mid-1990s.:lol:

It is better if you research a little bit and not post such stupid comments from somewhere.

p2prada

That's what they said about Japan. They lost focus and their assets bubble burst.

p2prada

The major Chinese stimulus package came in late 2008/early 2009. There's no way that graph could've factored that information in.
That depends on when the budget is calculated. In India it is in the Feb/March period. If the Chinese calculate their budget at the end of 2008, then it factors in the stimulus package too.

Koji

That depends on when the budget is calculated. In India it is in the Feb/March period. If the Chinese calculate their budget at the end of 2008, then it factors in the stimulus package too.
Even if they calculate their budget at the end of 2008, there wouldn't be any substantial effect given that the stimulus package was JUST passed.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles