2016 The year to improve in Hindi Language ( Words and phrases )

Illusive

Country flag
@roma If you wanna learn hindi, then try to speak with people, its the best way and then there is the hard way :biggrin2:.

Illusive

Country flag

Repeat each letters loudly, it will help with basic pronunciation and intro to devanagari, it called "Swar Vyanjan"

Then after this is "barakhadi" which will be the next chapter after you refine the above letters first.

asingh10

Common myth that Hindi is the language of cow belt. Languages of cow belt are Awadhi, Braj , Angika, Bajjika, Bhojpuri, Magahi, Maithili, Bagheli, Santhali, Neemani, Malvi, Bundelkhandi etc. Many of these dialects have been eaten up by Hindi actually because an artificial "Hindi identity" has been imposed on us.

The vanishing languages of western UP
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...guages-of-western-UP/articleshow/46317133.cms

The slow death of Bhojpuri and Awadhi

http://www.dnaindia.com/analysis/column-the-slow-death-of-bhojpuri-and-awadhi-2122062

I_PLAY_BAD

Bengalis are the biggest nazis about their language. They have no respect for any person who does not know Bengali and would exclude him from conversation. Most Indians make effort to speak a common language but a Bong would start parroting Bengali as soon as he sees another Bong completely ignoring the other people in the conversation.
That logic strongly applies to Malayalis also.
Both Bengalis and Malayalis lose themselves in their mother tongue bakth even if they are around with people who do not even understand it when they meet one of their own. I am not complaining but I am asking whether is it right in a diversified country like India.

I_PLAY_BAD

Yes folks the time has arrived for you to help myself and anyone else to firm up our knowledge on the subject

Firstly i request that the Hindi language be included in the members corner as a separate subject ....after all it is the national language and that is part of defense so the relevance is there

Secondly i therefore ask all members to respond forthrightly as most of you have abundant knowledge of The Language and knowledge of websites, clubs social associations etc that can help me to speed up learning .

Initially i shall begin with the romanised form as that is where i am ( at the bottom ) and gradually i shall be learning the Devanagari alphabet as i go along ....meanwhile i shall be learning in a bits and pieces format

So here we go .....for the first post , let me ask
what does
"Sab se pehle hai "
mean ? ...is it possible to break down the meaning o each word and then take the phrase as a whole ?
many thankls in advance to all of you who reply

@angeldude13@Abhijat@Ancient Indian@anupamsurey@aliyah @Alien@angeldude13@Abhijat@Ancient Indian@anupamsurey @aliyah @Alien @Aravind Sanjeev @A chauhan @asingh10 @asianobserve @BATTLE FIELD@bose @Bornubus @brational@blueblood@Blackwater@Blood+
@Bangalorean @bengalraider @cobra commando @Chirag @Chris Jude @Chinmoy@Cadian @DingDong@ersakthivel @FRYCRY @guru-dutt@Hari Sud@hit&run @indiandefencefan @I_PLAY_BAD @Indian Devil @Indibomber @Jangaruda @jackprince@Kunal @Kshatriya87 Biswas@LETHALFORCE@laughingbuddha @mhk99 @maomao @Neil @Nicky G @OneGrimPilgrim@pmaitra @PaliwalWarrior @Pulkit @Rowdy@Razor@Rashna @[email protected] @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @Srinivas_K @sunnyv @sgarg@sabari @Sameet2 @saik @sorcerer @sydsnyper @Sridevi @SREEKAR @TejasMK3@The enlightened
@tejas warrior@tharun@thethinker@tsunami@Screambowl @Sylex21 @VIP @Vishwarupa @Vishal Guts @Yusuf@Yumdoot @Zebra
Hindi is not the national language of India. It is just being spoken by many, that's it.
By calling it a national language do you imply only people speaking Hindi are Indians ?
Many Indians and foreigners have a very wrong perception on this. Many of you think if an Indian cannot speak Hindi then he is not patriotic/nationalistic/different.
Seriously, I myself have heard many comments like that.
In a country where there are hundreds of different languages spoken by crores of different people is it possible to say just one language is nationally acknowledged ? Can all of them speak Hindi ?
Basic question. Is Hindi better than all other languages for all of 'em to learn it ?

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Hindi is not the national language of India. It is just being spoken by many, that's it.
By calling it a national language do you imply only people speaking Hindi are Indians ?
Many Indians and foreigners have a very wrong perception on this. Many of you think if an Indian cannot speak Hindi then he is not patriotic/nationalistic/different.
Seriously, I myself have heard many comments like that.
In a country where there are hundreds of different languages spoken by crores of different people is it possible to say just one language is nationally acknowledged ? Can all of them speak Hindi ?
Basic question. Is Hindi better than all other languages for all of 'em to learn it ?
yes,

we should divide India.

North India and South India

like North Korea and South Korea.

isn't it?

Illusive

Country flag
कम से कम यहाँ तो हिंदी में लिख लो अक्लमंदों :hail:
यार लोग बुरा मान जायेंगे , और तो और इसे टाय्प करने के लिए एक घंटा लगता है :crazy:

Last edited:

DingDong

Country flag
Hindi will gain respect only if the native Hindi speakers grow economically and politically. I don't see this happening, just see the condition in the Hindi belt, particularly UP and Bihar.

Language cannot be imposed, people will learn it if they will find it useful.

I_PLAY_BAD

yes,

we should divide India.

North India and South India

like North Korea and South Korea.

isn't it?
This is the attitude I am concerned about. The moment I speak of Hindi you jump in with an argument of North Vs. South. Sick !!!
Do not be too extreme.
Even North and South have several languages among them.
What I am trying to emphasize is Hindi must not be seen as a connecting factor for all Indians. Hence Hindi must be not treated like a national language.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
This is the attitude I am concerned about. The moment I speak of Hindi you jump in with an argument of North Vs. South. Sick !!!
Do not be too extreme.
Even North and South have several languages among them.
What I am trying to emphasize is Hindi must not be seen as a connecting factor for all Indians. Hence Hindi must be not treated like a national language.
there is a need to build connecting language, otherwise, India will be prone to vulnerability. If one agrees or disagrees, this is a bitter truth.

sabari

I am from Tamil nadu it is one of the oldest language in world .I am ready to learn other language but I will not accept other language as superior language than Tamil

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
I am from Tamil nadu it is one of the oldest language in world .I am ready to learn other language but I will not accept other language as superior language than Tamil
Only tamil nadu does not represent India. Secondly, this thread is not about which language is superior. All Languages are equally important.

If we say there is need to improve hindi, it means we are trying to eradicate western language influence over Hindi speakers. And Tamil and telegu speakers must also save this language.

And lastly, Tamil, or telegu, is just not the language of South India, it is India's language, we love them as we love Hindi or Bangali.

sabari

Hindi is mix of Sanskrit and forine language .Tamil is pure language not a mixter.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Hindi is mix of Sanskrit and forine language .Tamil is pure language not a mixter.
What we call as foreign, that region was a part of Akhand Bharat. Now we should concentrate to get back that reputation. But I dont understand which foreign language is mixed with sanskrit?

sabari

Tamil has existed even during rama period .so I will not accept this kind of thread. I request admin to close this thread

sabari

What we call as foreign, that region was a part of Akhand Bharat. Now we should concentrate to get back that reputation. But I dont understand which foreign language is mixed with sanskrit?
Arabs,afghan etc..........................................................

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles