2016 - Budget Session of Parliament

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by jackprince, Feb 24, 2016.

1. jackprince

jackprince Turning into a frog Senior Member

BJP starts the season in Frontfoot. Smriti Irani demolished the oppositions' attack.

3. iNDiAN.96

iNDiAN.96 Nationalist Senior Member

Anurag Singh Thakur demolished Congoons as well.

Watch from 31:13 When Thakur was talking about Afzal, Scindia said at least arrest him. :rofl:

4. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

This is the same guy who wanted cricket series against Pak to be revived. Read beyond the words.

asingh10 likes this.
  5. prasadr14

prasadr14 Regular Member

And we Sanghis did not agree to that..

That does not mean we should NOT appreciate the good work done by him.
    To all smriti haters, look at how destroyed Congees, Mayawati and co yesterday. No, it was not a simple speech her. She literally destroyed them.

6. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

By not repealing RTE. By not moving things on the ground!!

Clapping!!!

asingh10 likes this.
  7. prasadr14

prasadr14 Regular Member

What is this thread about about and what are u debating?

We are not talking about merits of RTE here, come to the topic at hand.
    If you want to discuss about RTE, create a separate thread and I will be happy to discuss that.

You are a moderator for god sake!!

Coming back to the topic, day 2 of the session BJP struck hard. Let's see what the coming days hold..

Congees are not going to allow BJP to function in RS. That is now a gone conclusion. BJP should instead look for ways getting around it...

8. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Don't tell me my job. I have given you too much leeway in almost all threads, where you put one-liners and think you are adding to the discussion.

I am not even discussing RTE. Just said that BJP is doing what it does best i.e. jumlabazi(speeches). It is parliament debate session and we are free to discuss what we want to be passed. If it makes you uncomfortable, stay away from the thread.

asingh10 likes this.
  9. prasadr14

prasadr14 Regular Member

Please stop doing me any favours and stop giving me any leeway.
    regarding one liners, what's wrong with it?
    I fell my one liners have more information than the 2 paragraphs of diatribe you just posted. The post before that by you was a one liner, unless you count the sarcastic clapping. YEAH..brilliant insightful analysis.

And your second paragraph clearly shows the bias and utter lack of understanding what the person who started this thread intentions..

YOU want your bias to be entertained on this forum and anyone who calls your BS is threatened like you just did to me...

Grow up mate!!

Pandora likes this.
  10. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Well played victim card!!

Everyone is biased. Just man up and discuss the relevant issues rather than throwing tantrums.

pmaitra and asingh10 like this.
  11. AnantS

AnantS Senior Member Senior Member

Repealing RTE without creating awareness among common public, is going to backfire on BJP. Congress will rub its hands in glee as it will get another issue to prick BJP poll balloons-just like land reforms. With non existent PR machinery in BJP and unskilled spokespersons, it will be a tough battle for BJP to fight -ve propaganda.

Hypothetical Rant by congoons "BJP is trying to repeal Right to Education, there by depriving Gareep, Dalit Muslims of Free Education. This Govt is anti poor... blah blah" One gets the picture.

12. iNDiAN.96

iNDiAN.96 Nationalist Senior Member

Being a BCCI secretary he wanted to resume Ind-Pak series but we sanghis/bhakts trolled him so hard on twitter that he took u-turn.

13. anoop_mig25

anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

@Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Just apperciate the fact that RW on net constantly disapproved gov approvals for any indo-pak series in Indian.
    RW on net let gov know about its views and sure some in gov was leastning to such views and thats why they have still not approved

Between getting repealling RTE would required parliament approval which current gov lacks in RS

We can demand making its religion neutral since its on same lines just any secular law passed by commie

Again this changes required parliament approval plus this may be challenged in court

by the ways your dp name means ????

14. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

I have not disapproved the constant vigil of RW on SM, it is only the lowest denominator attitude of BJP, which I point out. Speeches are good when you are in opposition, actions matter when you are in power.

RTE is an important issue and govt. needs to find a way around it. Question is- is govt. interested in making it religion neutral or just repeal it?

Sakal Gharelu Utpad==GDP, I just twisted the last word!!

OneGrimPilgrim likes this.
  15. prasadr14

prasadr14 Regular Member

Look, I agree to your specifics on RTE but not other things.

It's not specific to U per se but the typical response of some people are, RW are Bhakths and follow everything BJP/RSS says - In fact it is contrary. We sanghis as some "affectionately" call us, are rabid in our views and in some of them in extreme sense. We don't care for BJP or RSS if we think they are going against what we believe in. This is what differentiates sanghis from other parties supporters.

The other point that is put forth by people are that BJP is not hitting back. But when Smriti makes 2 exceptional attacks in LS and RS, the excuse then shifts to not enough being done on the ground and speeches are not enough. changing goal posts as when it suits ones agenda is not nice.

Coming to specifics, YES RTE needs to be looked into. But is that the only thing on agenda?
    Look at what BJP and Smriti did in past one month. Left bastion of colleges is breached. There will never be another anti-India or anti-Hindu program in JNU, you can bet your life on it. You think this was easy?

If you give some credit where it is due, we will also start accepting the obvious faults with the current govt.
    When you go on hyperbole and shift goal posts, what do u expect us Bhakhts to do?

16. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Bhai, we never shifted goalposts!!

RTE has been the goal-post for Smriti since 2 years. Same with historical distortion in school text books.

No one took the credit away from BJP for exposing the anti-national filth hiding in JNU behind the veil of FoS!!

17. prasadr14

prasadr14 Regular Member

:):)
    That's why I said 'not specific to U'..

If you remember there was another member here who would do exactly what I said..

Agree with RTE - but it is a battle that BJP must carefully dwell into. They should tackle it when they have taken people into confidence. BJP needs to debate RTE in public and engage public debate as well before taking a call.

For HRD minister RTE is a quagmire if not dealt with, would consume her.

That being said, she has done lot of good work exposing the left and congees and getting the correct books in place and doing Shuddhi of institutions.

Honestly tell me - Would any of us have imagined JNU would be breached in our life time?? This is a huge achievement for us Hindus.
    Let us bicker at some other time and bask in decimation of a common enemy.:)

Honestly man, did u not enjoy how congees, left, TMC and Mayawati squirmed listening to Smriti? In fact in RS, congees were at their wits end and the whole nation saw it :pound:

18. Screambowl

Screambowl Senior Member Senior Member

some minutes from rail budget 2016-17

• In 2016-17, the capital plan will be Rs. 1,21,000 crore.
    • We will generate 9 crore man-days employment by 2017-18 and 14 crore man-days by 2018-19.
    • We hope to generate revenues of order of Rs.1,84,820 cr next year, 10.1% higher than revised target of current year.
    • New freight corridors announced: Delhi-Chennai, Kharagpur-Mumbai, Kharagpur-Vijayawada.
    • Every Rupee in investment in Railways has the capacity to increase economy wide output of Rs. 5.
    • We are poised to commission broad gauge lines at the rate of 7 km per day against 4.5 km over last five years.
    • LIC has agreed invest Rs. 1.5 lakh crore over 5 years on extremely favourable terms.
    • We are poised to commission broad gauge lines at the rate of 7 km per day against 4.5 km over last five years.
    • By 2020, we'll have time-tabled freight trains.
    • A saving of Rs. 8,720 crore for Budget estimates of last year will be effected this year.
    • A full-fledged Railway University soon.
    • Overnight double-decker trains to be introduced on business travel routes.
    • We are planning to introduce bar-coded tickets on pilot basis to tackle menace of ticketless travel. ( why not QR)
    • The cleaning of toilets by requests through SMS.
    • We're planning to re-imagine design of coaches.
    • Children's menu, baby foods, baby boards to be made available for travelling mothers.
    • No hike in railway fares.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    aliyah likes this.
  19. prasadr14

prasadr14 Regular Member

One of the best Railway budgets ever.
    Practical and achievable. This is the difference between having some one like Prabhu to Lallu.

No wonder Modi was desperate to get him on board by any means.

The core ministry of Modi, Sushma, Parrikar, Prabhu, Gadkari, Goyal and Smirit are doing a very good job.

Rajnath needs to be more aggressive like he was with JNU.
    Jaitley needs to wake up and smell the coffee. He has been a disappointment when compared to other ministers.

OneGrimPilgrim and aliyah like this.
  20. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

So you love drama more than action!!

:facepalm::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty:

asingh10 likes this.
  21. prasadr14

prasadr14 Regular Member

See the over simplification by you and this is the specific point I want to put across!!
    Good luck mate.