2014 General Elections: ASTROLOGICAL PREDICTIONS !!!

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Its a perfect science but just the way we have quacks, we have people who sully the astrology.
Indeed, pieces of rocks floating around in space will decide/read our futures.

What if one goes to another galaxy ? will milky way rocks be used to judge or new rocks from that new galaxy ? surely both wont give same results, so which is right and which is wrong ? What if mars implodes and there is no mars ? what then ?

Last edited:

Free Karma

Indeed, pieces of rocks floating around in space will decide/read our futures.

What if one goes to another galaxy ? will milky way rocks be used to judge or new rocks from that new galaxy ? surely both wont give same results, so which is right and which is wrong ? What is mars implodes and there is no mars ? what then ?
If mars implodes the resulting debris, would probably kill most people on earth anyway.

If you move to another galaxy you'd have to use different planets. Even moving to another country requires adjustment in predictions.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
If mars implodes the resulting debris, would probably kill most people on earth anyway.

If you move to another galaxy you'd have to use different planets. Even moving to another country requires adjustment in predictions.
what if one is travelling in the void between galaxies where there are no rocks just empty space ? do remember voids between galaxies are much bigger than galaxies themselves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Void_(astronomy)

Last edited:

Free Karma

to another galaxy ? and void is the space between two galaxies which contains basically nothing.
How would you plan to stay alive? otherwise your probably dead already. If you are alive, then you'd probably have another earth like system that you'd have to use.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Of course id be dead but im not talking about myself. Im talking about a future scenario when humans are capable of space travel. If astrology is a fact rather than made up fiction then it must viewed so in future also.

found this on wiki...make of it what you will since its from wiki

Astrology has been rejected by the scientific community as having no explanatory power for describing the universe. Scientific testing of astrology has been conducted, and no evidence has been found to support any of the premises or purported effects outlined in astrological traditions.[6]:424 There is no proposed mechanism of action by which the positions and motions of stars and planets could affect people and events on Earth that does not contradict well understood, basic aspects of biology and physics.[22][23]:249

Astrologers in Indian astrology make grand claims without taking adequate controls into consideration. Saturn was in Aries in 1909, 1939 and 1968, yet the astrologer Bangalore Venkata Raman claimed that "when Saturn was in Aries in 1939 England had to declare war against Germany", ignoring the two other dates.[24]

Astrologers regularly fail in attempts to predict election results in India, and fail to predict major events such as the assassination of Indira Gandhi. Predictions by the head of the Indian Astrologers Federation about war between India and Pakistan in 1982 also failed.[24]

In one test, 27 Indian astrologers, with the appropriate horoscopes, failed to determine the intelligence difference between 100 mentally bright and 100 mentally handicapped children at a rate higher than that determined by chance alone in a double blind test. The astrologers had, on average, 14 years experience. A team of astrologers from one astrologers institute also performed at chance expectation. The president of the Maharashtra Astro-logical Society claimed to be able to predict sex and intelligence 60 per cent of the time each, but he performed no better than chance in double blind conditions.

Free Karma

^^ Yeah who cares, we're just having fun here. I find it interesting.

Even science cannot explain/precit many things (like the weather!), The medical field would be a prime example, where perfectly health people die and dead patients come back alive.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
^^ Yeah who cares, we're just having fun here. I find it interesting.
Thats okay but claiming its 100% perfect is something else.

Even science cannot explain/precit many things (like the weather!), The medical field would be a prime example, where perfectly health people die and dead patients come back alive.
Agreed, because human knowledge is ever expanding. Difference between a scientist and preacher is that when asked a question that neither knows the scientist says "i dont know as of now, but i can hypothesize" while the preacher invents up an answer "so and so god created it/those rocks made you marry katrina kaif instead of mayawati etc".

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Debunking Astrology: Mars Can't Influence You

So you think the position of Mars in the sky at the time of your birth made you tall, dark, and handsome (or short, fair, and ugly)? Or lucky (or unlucky) in love? If you think believing in astrology is anywhere close to scientific, well, Dude, time to think again.

Pick two babies born within a minute of each other. One has two nurses and a doctor attending; the other, just a midwife. One is born in a brightly lit maternity ward in a downtown big city hospital; the other in a poorly lit room in a village 50 kilometers from the nearest big city. 'Downtown' is just a few meters above sea level; the village is situated on a 1000 meter high plateau. These local differences have far greater effects on the babies than Mars does. Let's see how.

Nearly five centuries of physics have given us quite a few certainties, and among those are that the only long range forces in the universe are gravity and electromagnetism. And both of these, from Mars, are totally – and I mean totally – overwhelmed by those same forces that were produced by things near you when you were delivered. In a word, Mars can't influence you.

Start with gravitation.

The gravitational force between you and Mars is greatest when Mars is closest to the Earth; let's say that's 56 million kilometers. Now Mars has a mass of 6.4 x 1023 kg, so the acceleration, here on Earth, due to Martian gravity would be 1.4 x 10-8 meters per second per second (m s-2).

How did I work that out? By using Newton's law of universal gravitation:
F = Gm1m2/r2
and:
F = ma
so:
a = GmMars/distance-to-Mars2.

How does this compare with variations in gravitational force due to adults standing nearby (everyone has a mother, so we won't count her)?

Let's take 60 kg as an adult's mass, and a distance of 1 meter; that gives a gravitational acceleration of 4 x 10-9 m s-2, so just three adults nearby would have the same gravitational effect on you as Mars!

How does this compare with variations in gravitational force we know people born at the same time – but elsewhere on Earth – experienced?

Let's take a difference in altitude of 1000 m (lots of big cities have altitudes greater than this – Mexico City, for example, is at 2240 m – and lots are close to sea level), and calculate the difference in acceleration due to the Earth's gravity (this ignores several important factors, such as the Earth's rotation, and local differences in g). Well, it works out as 0.003 m s-2, or about 200,000 times greater than Martian gravity!

In fact, if you were born just half a centimeter higher, you'd be influenced to the same extent, gravitationally, as by Mars!

Next, electromagnetism.

You can be influenced, electromagnetically, in four separate ways: by a magnetic field, by an electric current, by an electric field, and by electromagnetic radiation. How powerful is Mars, electromagnetically?

There's no electric current between Mars and Earth; the solar wind – which blows outward from the Sun (so Mars is 'downstream', and any electromagnetic influence carried by the solar wind would be from Earth to Mars) – is neutral, on balance, and carries no current.

The solar wind is a plasma, and any electric field there is in it will not be felt much more than a few Debye lengths' away (basically, because electrons and ions are free to move in a plasma, they screen charges – the source of electric fields – quite effectively; the Debye length is about as far as an electric field can penetrate). Now the solar wind can be quite dynamic – meaning it can change a lot – but the Debye length in any part of it will rarely, if ever, be greater than a few tens of meters. Let's be generous and say an electric field could be felt up to a kilometer away. But Mars never comes closer to the Earth than ~50 million km!

Well, that makes any electric field influence from Mars impossible, doesn't it?!

While Mars does have a weak magnetic field, it has no influence on Earth, because the Earth's own field creates a magnetosphere around us, one that screens out external magnetic fields. Besides, as Mars is downstream from us (the way the solar wind blows), and as the solar wind can carry (actually stretch) a magnetosphere only in the direction it blows, any magnetic influence would be from Earth to Mars, not Mars to Earth.

Three down, one to go.

The Earth's atmosphere blocks all electromagnetic radiation except for that which we see by (and a bit on the UV side too), some infrared, and in the microwave and radio regions of the electromagnetic spectrum.

Mars is a very weak source of microwaves and radio waves, and even in the (radio) quietest places on Earth, electromagnetic radiation from (distant) radio stations, (distant) cellphone towers, TV satellites, airplanes overhead, etc totally, totally drowns out any Martian signals.

On a clear, moonless night, Mars may seem bright to your dark-adjusted eyes "¦ but most likely you were born under quite bright lights, and indoors. No Martian influence here either.

So what do we have then?

Like I said, Mars can't make you tall dark and handsome, nor can it influence your love life.

Debunking Astrology: Mars Can’t Influence You

Free Karma

Thats okay but claiming its 100% perfect is something else.

Agreed, because human knowledge is ever expanding. Difference between a scientist and preacher is that when asked a question that neither knows the scientist says "i dont know as of now, but i can hypothesize" while the preacher invents up an answer "so and so god created it/those rocks made you marry katrina kaif instead of mayawati etc".
God did not create rocks! You should check out the hindu version of the creation of the universe..you'd find it rather interesting.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
God did not create rocks! You should check out the hindu version of the creation of the universe..you'd find it rather interesting.
Im talking generally between a scientist and a preacher. At the end of the day no one knows for sure much about the universe so instead of making up answers like religions do why cant we accept we dont have a clue as of now ?

Free Karma

Im talking generally between a scientist and a preacher. At the end of the day no one knows for sure much about the universe so instead of making up answers like religions do why cant we accept we dont have a clue as of now ?
No one says it's true.
he Rig Veda questions the origin of the cosmos in: "Neither being (sat) nor non-being was as yet. What was concealed? And where? And in whose protection?"¦Who really knows? Who can declare it? Whence was it born, and whence came this creation? The devas were born later than this world's creation, so who knows from where it came into existence? None can know from where creation has arisen, and whether he has or has not produced it. He who surveys it in the highest heavens, he alone knows-or perhaps does not know." (Rig Veda 10. 129)
Even preachers agree. You were the one who came in and said people shouldnt believe this cause science is superior etc. There rest of us were just discussing modi's prospects.

Last edited:

Decklander

How can a person be effected by gravity of other planets on earth? Well human body is made of 60% water, we all know about how moon creates high tide. NASA grew crystals in space, the same crystals which had a different shape on earth, grew into different shape in space. Does gravity have effect? Do we need to even answer this mundane question.

DEJAVU

I love MOdi to become PM India.
I PROMISED, I love to see BJP lead India.
Yar I think my WISDOM(challengeable) predicting Congress will loose the election but all minorities and all small parties will align with congress to form government but it will be a weak government and will fall after some years and leads to Indian Martial Law supported by Hindu right parties and then you have an election and BJP will form government with a majority.
Modi will be PM, and will be an aggressor as you Guys wanted to be in PM.
Civil war broke in India after that, Indian minorities with some huge Hindu groups united against BJP and then these groups will defeat BJP in election(WAR).
This is my story, save it for next 5 years :cool2:
(I love to become a writer but unfortunately)

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
so, the congress will be back to power. Then no one can stop the fall of INDIA. If the congress comes back to power then all is over for BJP an NDA and even people of India will suffer a lot......

Defenceindia2010

Country flag
Yar I think my WISDOM(challengeable) predicting Congress will loose the election but all minorities and all small parties will align with congress to form government but it will be a weak government and will fall after some years and leads to Indian Martial Law supported by Hindu right parties and then you have an election and BJP will form government with a majority.
Civil war broke in India after that, Indian minorities with some huge Hindu groups united against BJP and then these groups will defeat BJP in election(WAR).
The above mentioned scenario is presently the raw truth about Pakistan and has been since its creation in 1947, but the fact remains that Pakistan remains and will remain for the foreseeable future a failed state swinging between sectarian war and civil war while democracy in India will keep forging ahead with all its challenges and benefits irrespective of BJP or Congress coming to power or not. :india:

Last edited:

Defenceindia2010

Country flag
The above mentioned scenario is presently the raw truth about Pakistan and has been since its creation in 1947, but the fact remains and is destined for the foreseeable future that Pakistan will remain a failed state swinging between sectarian war and civil war while democracy in India will keep forging ahead irrespective of the challenges it faces weather they are external or internal :india:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles