2012 US Presidential Elections

Who would you vote for, if you were a US citizen ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

trackwhack

Oh, his life won't be in danger, only his reputation. If he gets too far ahead in the polls or in the primaries, several women will suddenly appear to say he groped them 20 years ago.
lol that was funny as shit :rofl:

Ewald, you have to admit that Cain has no clue that there are nations that exist outside the United states. The Libya brain freeze should have at least changed your opinion of him. How can he be the Com in Chief of the United States when he cant even recall what he has mugged up about foreign affairs?

pmaitra

Oh, his life won't be in danger, only his reputation. If he gets too far ahead in the polls or in the primaries, several women will suddenly appear to say he groped them 20 years ago.
I agree. Cain has already been targeted (I'm not saying he did not do it and neither am I saying he did it).

lol that was funny as shit :rofl:

Ewald, you have to admit that Cain has no clue that there are nations that exist outside the United states. The Libya brain freeze should have at least changed your opinion of him. How can he be the Com in Chief of the United States when he cant even recall what he has mugged up about foreign affairs?
Cain is not the best the Republicans can offer. Moreover, his gaffes are too often too many. I want to see how he fares.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
In all likelihood, Obama will get reelected. It may seem ridiculous now but just wait and see.
Well, if it happens, God keep him safe. If he were to be succeeded for any reason by VP Joe Biden, I will hang myself.

Last edited:

pmaitra

Ron Paul CBS News Republican Debate Highlights — November 12, 2011

Ron Paul CBS News Republican Debate Highlights — November 12, 2011

Foreign Policy stance of Ron Paul

He was sadly not included in the list I had posted earlier. So I am posting this video.

Here's the entire debate:

Last edited by a moderator:

Eiffe

of whatever i have seen from US politics in the past, i place my bet on Obama for a 2nd term

SHASH2K2

[h=1]Republican Candidates and Obama Find Common Ground: China[/h]
WASHINGTON — China's swift economic rise, and a presidential election dominated by fears of a declining American economy, have produced a rare convergence: Republican contenders talking tough about China, and a president who is already getting tough on it. As President Obama returned Sunday from a trip to Asia that was filled with signs that the United States plans to be a counterweight to Beijing's growing influence in that region, Mitt Romney and other Republican candidates have stepped up their denunciation of China's trade practices, casting the country as predatory and a culprit for lost jobs at home.
Given the bleak economic backdrop, China's emergence as an election issue is no big surprise. But it is an unusual case in which domestic politics are playing to Mr. Obama's diplomatic advantage, allowing him to project to China the picture of a country united in its resolve.
Still, the intensity of the American pushback — in Congress, as well as on the campaign trail and during Mr. Obama's travels — could have volatile and damaging consequences for the relationship between the two countries, regardless of who wins the White House.
Mr. Romney, diplomats and other experts said, could be haunted by his harsh claims that China steals American technology and hacks into its computers, and his threat to declare it a currency manipulator on his first day in the Oval Office. As candidates, Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton both attacked China, only to have to make amends after bitterness in Beijing hindered their efforts to work with Chinese leaders.
Mr. Obama carefully avoided going after China when he ran in 2008, and he has sought to balance criticism of Beijing's economic policies with pledges of global partnership. But experts and former officials said the president would be pressured, by the Republicans and by his own political advisers, to take a harder line this time around.
"He has not risen to the bait to try to outbid Romney rhetorically in terms of the security relationship," said Jeffrey A. Bader, who was Mr. Obama's chief adviser on China until last April. But, he added, "If you look at what he has said on economic issues, it's hard edged."
At an economic summit meeting in Hawaii last week, Mr. Obama said that China was now a "grown-up" economy, and that its leaders needed to start behaving that way — singling out Beijing's artificially depressed currency, which undercuts exports from the United States. The American people, he declared, "understandably, feel that enough is enough."
On Saturday, on the Indonesian island of Bali, Mr. Obama threw his weight behind neighbors of China who are disputing Beijing's aggressive maritime claims in the mineral-rich South China Sea.
Chinese leaders were rattled by the flurry of American initiatives during the president's trip, which also included reaffirming an alliance with the Philippines, opening a historic diplomatic channel to Myanmar and agreeing to deploy 2,500 Marines to Australia.
The American election adds to their confusion, China experts said, because they are uncertain how much of Mr. Obama's stance is driven by domestic political calculations.
For all that, the president's criticism has been far more measured than that of Mr. Romney and other Republicans, who excoriated China at a debate in South Carolina that occurred just as Mr. Obama was greeting the Chinese president, Hu Jintao, in Hawaii.
"We can't just sit back and let China run all over us," Mr. Romney said, calling for tariffs on Chinese goods. "People say, well, you'll start a trade war. There's one going on right now, folks."
For Mr. Romney, a wealthy business executive with free-market credentials, bashing Beijing is a rare chance to play the populist and appeal to working-class voters, many of whom do blame China and other Asian nations for sucking away jobs with cheaper labor and production costs.
Not wanting to be outflanked, Gov. Rick Perry of Texas likened China to the Soviet Union. "I happen to think that the Communist Chinese government will end up on the ash heap of history," he said.
While Chinese officials are sophisticated enough to understand the posturing in Republican primaries, Kenneth G. Lieberthal, a China adviser to President Bill Clinton, said that on a recent visit to Beijing, several of them expressed worry to him about the tone of the campaign. China is in its own delicate leadership transition and has a restive military eager to flex its muscles.
"This kind of rhetoric really helps the nationalist and conservative wings of the Chinese government," said Cheng Li, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution. "To reinforce the hard-liners could lead not only to economic tensions, but a military confrontation."

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Nobody should blame China or any other country for unemployment in the US.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Well, if it happens, God keep him safe. If he were to be succeeded for any reason by VP Joe Biden, I will hang myself.

This just illustrates the very real dangerous tendencies of US right wing fanatics. I hope what you're thinking does not happen to US Pres. Obama. For me he is not perfect but he is infinitely more level minded than current Republican leaders, the sanest being Mr. McCain...:namaste:

W.G.Ewald

Professional
This just illustrates the very real dangerous tendencies of US right wing fanatics. I hope what you're thinking does not happen to US Pres. Obama. For me he is not perfect but he is infinitely more level minded than current Republican leaders, the sanest being Mr. McCain...:namaste:
The guy who shot at the White House recently was not a right-winger. :)

Coincidentally, President John F. Kennedy was assassinated 48 years ago today by a communist.

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Kennedy assassination conspiracy theories should probably go to a separate thread :)

pmaitra

Cain tells aides he is reassessing his campaign

By RAY HENRY and THOMAS BEAUMONT, Associated Press
Tuesday, November 29, 2011

(11-29) 09:25 PST ATLANTA (AP) --
Embattled presidential candidate Herman Cain told aides Tuesday that he's reassessing his campaign a day after an Atlanta businesswoman alleged a 13-year extramarital affair with the Republican.

Cain has denied the affair as well as several other accusations of inappropriate sexual behavior that have dogged his candidacy over the past month. Throughout it all, Cain has repeatedly vowed to stay in the race. Even so, he told senior staff in a mid-morning conference call lasting roughly 10 minutes that all public events will go forward this week but he will review the campaign's strategy over the next several days.

One participant on the call, speaking on the condition of anonymity because of the private nature of the conversation, said that as part of that assessment, Cain's campaign is examining the impact of the newest allegations. This person described the tone as positive but also said there was some uncertainty coming from Cain.

"He said obviously it's taken an emotional toll on his family, but he's moving ahead with the campaign," Steve Grubbs, Cain's Iowa campaign chairman and another person on the call, told The Associated Press. "He said that they will be reassessing the campaign," including how to move forward given that the allegations have damaged his fundraising.

Grubbs added: "He said this lady was a friend, someone he thought was a friend, that he was trying to help out financially and had been a friend for some period of time. But that nothing inappropriate occurred."

Publicly, Cain sought to project an aura of campaign business as usual even as his team worked behind the scenes to assess the fallout of the latest allegation. It came just five weeks before the Iowa caucuses that kick off the state-by-state voting process for the GOP nomination. Cain was set to deliver, as planned, a foreign policy speech at Hillsdale College in Michigan later Tuesday.

"Yes," said J.D. Gordon, Cain's spokesman, when asked early Tuesday whether Cain is definitely staying in the race.

After the conference call, Cain attorney Linn Wood told AP: "Any report that Mr. Cain has decided to withdraw his candidacy is inaccurate."

"I think they are assessing the situation, just as I would expect the campaign to do or any prudent business person to do," said Wood. He added that he would hate to see what he described as false accusations drive Cain out of the race for the presidency.

On Monday, Ginger White said in an interview with Fox 5 Atlanta that her affair with Cain ended not long before the former businessman from Georgia announced his candidacy for the White House.

"It was fun," said White, 46, as she described Cain buying her plane tickets for a rendezvous in Palm Springs, Calif. "It was something that took me away from my sort of humdrum life at the time. And it was exciting."

Cain went on television to flatly deny White's claims even before the report aired.

"Here we go again," Cain told CNN as he denied White's accusation. "I didn't do anything wrong."

He said in the interview that he would not abandon his bid in light of the allegations, "as long as my wife is behind me and as long as my wife believes I should stay in this race."

Wood, however, issued a public statement that included no such denial of the affair and suggested that the media — and the public — had no business snooping into the details of consensual conduct between adults.

Cain's response was faster and more deliberate than he had managed when it was reported that three women alleged he had sexually harassed or groped them when he was the president of the National Restaurant Association in the mid- to late 1990s. The trade group paid settlements to two women who had worked there.

As some conservative Republicans sought an alternative to Mitt Romney, Cain surged in the polls while pushing his 9-9-9 tax plan and providing tough criticism of President Barack Obama during televised debates.

But as the harassment allegations surfaced, Cain stumbled in explaining his views about U.S. policy toward Libya and other foreign policy issues, creating an opening for rival Newt Gingrich to assert himself as a more reliable, seasoned politician to challenge Romney and even Obama. Cain fell in the polls and Gingrich began to rise.

In a statement released immediately after the Fox 5 Atlanta story aired, Cain's campaign said detractors were trying to "derail the Cain Train with more accusations of past events that never happened."

In her interview, White said she decided to come forward after seeing Cain attack his other accusers in an appearance on television.

"It bothered me that they were being demonized, sort of, and being treated as if they were automatically lying, and the burden of proof was on them," she said. "I felt bad for them."

She said she first met Cain in the late 1990s in Louisville, Ky., when he was president of the National Restaurant Association. They had drinks and he invited her to his hotel room, she recalled.

She quoted Cain as telling her, "You're beautiful to me and I would love for us to continue this friendship," then produced his personal calendar and invited her to meet him in Palm Springs.

White has been accused of lying before. A former business partner, Kimberly Vay, filed a libel suit as part of a larger business dispute with White. Vay's attorney, Kurt Martin, said a judge sided with Vay after White failed to respond to the suit. Martin said a jury must still decide whether to award damages.

White's attorney, Edward Buckley, acknowledged the libel suit. He said White thought the libel claim had been settled as part of a larger settlement.
___
Beaumont reported from Iowa. Associated Press writers Steve Peoples in Amherst, N.H., Greg Bluestein in Dunwoody, Ga., and researcher Barbara Sambriski in New York contributed to this report.

Ginger White poses for a photo near Dunwoody, Ga. on Monday, Nov. 28, 2011. In an explosive allegation, White said Monday she and Republican presidential hopeful Herman Cain had a 13-year extramarital affair that lasted nearly until the former businessman announced his candidacy for the White House several months ago.

Last edited:

pmaitra

EXCLUSIVE VIDEO Full Ginger White Interview on Herman Cain Affair

EXCLUSIVE VIDEO Full Ginger White Interview on Herman Cain Affair

pmaitra

BREAKING NEWS! Herman Cain Admits to Multiple Affairs 11/28/2011

BREAKING NEWS! Herman Cain Admits to Multiple Affairs 11/28/2011

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
how is that important ? he can screw as many women as he likes unless he's raping them!

i have noticed this trend in usa....little skin if frowned upon but at the same time you can gun down by the dozens on tv.

niharjhatn

how is that important ? he can screw as many women as he likes unless he's raping them!

i have noticed this trend in usa....little skin if frowned upon but at the same time you can gun down by the dozens on tv.
Its only acceptable if you are a movie star... in which case magazines will right stories about you, and minstrels will sing poems. I'd even say it is ENCOURAGED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles