2001-2003 India vs Pakistan standoff.

India22

On 13 December, 2001 Indian Parliament was attacked by terrorists. In the aftermath India mobilized troops and a standoff started. The war how ever did not break out. Little is known about this war. I think there were many border skirmishes and shelling. Google says Indian army suffered more than 1200 causalities from all causes, but does not mention any thing more on Pakistan.

The Operation was Code-named Operation Parakram.

@Kunal Biswas @Bornubus and others can any one describe the incidents in details?

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
On 13 December, 2001 Indian Parliament was attacked by terrorists. In the aftermath India mobilized troops and a standoff started. The war how ever did not break out. Little is known about this war. I think there were many border skirmishes and shelling. Google says Indian army suffered more than 1200 causalities from all causes, but does not mention any thing more on Pakistan.

The Operation was Code-named Operation Parakram.

@Kunal Biswas @Bornubus and others can any one describe the incidents in details?

1200 casualties including wounded and KIA in Arty duals, Mine laying and LOC firing.

Paki casualties are not known.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles