2,000-years old Buddhist caves destroyed to "extract coal"

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
The topic is about Buddhist caves getting destroyed by Capitalism.

To become enlightened one does not need to become a monk, even the Buddha said there is no need to torcher yourself seeking like many monks and yogis do. To merely follow meditation does not bring about enlightenment, if you really practiced mediation you will go mad. Realizeing yourself does not require any mediation, such realization can even happen if you havei sex like Osho or when watching some one cutting wood like J.Krishnamurti. If mediation is the only way then millions of Buddhist or Hindus would have Awakened but after thousands of years only a few handful had the courage to let go.

In essence the man who is protecting the Cave and the man who wants the Coal are both the same, they both are attached to what they think will save them from misery. So both remain miserable.
What you consider as torture is the true path to salvation my dear friend. Meditation, contrary to your theory, balances mind and body giving better discipline, temper and physical control. Regarding the bolded part, it is impossible for everyone to be that strong in the search for truth. Simple reason: human weaknesses of materialism.

Now from the looks of it, you seem to be more of a commie type. Capitalism has succeeded in creating wealth. In communism, without dictatorial control, it is impossible to attain that efficiency. Even the Chinese had to resort to capitalism to adopt and develop. During Mao's days, India was far richer than them.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Its a Big Matter of Shame..

A hungry man have no sence..

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
^^ Would love to. This trolling won't have dared to occur had it been some historical church or mughal mosque. Secularists find it so easy to target threads describing iberal philosophies and turn them into a trolling fest rather than talk about reasonable stuff related to the topic and its point of focus.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
^^ Would love to. This trolling won't have dared to occur had it been some historical church or mughal mosque. Secularists find it so easy to target threads describing iberal philosophies and turn them into a trolling fest rather than talk about reasonable stuff related to the topic and its point of focus.

If your so emotionally sensitive then its not my mistake you boiled over. I dont care if people destroy any place of worship, so dont drag me into it, religion is the frozen thought of man out of which they build temples!

sukhish

A nation that goes back on its roots/home grown culture especially a diverse nation like India that is bound only by that native culture is essentially shooting itself on its feet.

Its 2000 years old for god-sakes, its a treasure a heritage that we should preserve with our lives.
I absolutely concur with you. I don't who the hell gave the go ahead to these people. I mean this shows the law and order situation. they are not even leaving the heritage for the profit. I guess somebody has to ask how much money is enough. if they literally wanted money, they could have escavated the treasure and sold it in the market. but I guess don't even have the brain to think about it either. just loot and loot at any cost seems to be the mantra.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
If your so emotionally sensitive then its not my mistake you boiled over. I dont care if people destroy any place of worship, so dont drag me into it, religion is the frozen thought of man out of which they build temples!
Then why comment about all that from the beginning if you don't want to be dragged? And how about showing similar 'courage' in threads related to other religions? I bet you won't be daring to do that since the entire secular brigade would hang you upside down. I did not beg you to comment here mate. You're most welcome to comment of course. But please mind others' sentiments.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Then why comment about all that from the beginning if you don't want to be dragged? And how about showing similar 'courage' in threads related to other religions? I bet you won't be daring to do that since the entire secular brigade would hang you upside down. I did not beg you to comment here mate. You're most welcome to comment of course. But please mind others' sentiments.
Earlier i had some respect for your views but now i have none, you lack critical thinking and ability to even read. What is my name? Shouldn't that tell you something!

You have an unbelievable blind ability to force people into narrow boxes of thinking like Secular,Commie,Right wing and into your little world where you can be sure what i am. Give it a break with nameing people would you. First i was the "commie kind" now i am the secular kind" i suggest you dont rattle your head over all that.

I said dont drag me into your secular bashing or link me with all that congress bullshit because i am not one, do you understand? I was not talking of dragging me into the debate of what should happen with the Cave, i already spoke my views on that.

Last edited:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Earlier i had some respect for your views but now i have none, you lack critical thinking and ability to even read. What is my name? Shouldn't that tell you something!
Your respect is least of my concerns, mate. There is nothing critical to think about when you've needlessly moved the topic directly from what was the main agenda for discussion. What critical thinking are you expecting in this thread derailment? My point of writing this thread was opened with the idea of showing how the biased concept of secularism exists in this country and how none of the self-proclaimed thekedars of secularism are conveniently avoiding the thread while bellowing their lungs out on Babri Masjid and Karnataka minister's Gita education thread.

But thread derailment led it to go off-topic. If your profile name describes you, then what interests you in threads regarding faith? Why derail?

You have an unbelievable blind ability to force people into narrow boxes of thinking like Secular,Commie,Right wing and into your little world where you can be sure what i am. Give it a break with nameing people would you. First i was the "commie kind" now i am the secular kind" i suggest you dont rattle your head over all that.
Yeah and you are so open minded and awesome that you turn a thread highlighting an issue of national heritage into a word warzone. How come I never see you writing this sort of words for other communities? :lol: Trust me, you're not the first of your kind seen here.

I said dont drag me into your secular bashing or link me with all that congress bullshit because i am not one, do you understand? I was not talking of dragging me into the debate of what should happen with the Cave, i already spoke my views on that.
Then don't bother derailing meaningful threads next time with your one liners. A thread is posted you cite your opinions without insulting the sentiments of others rather than being selective about whom to target.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
above dont matter when it comes to $$$.
That would be yet to see if a massive diamond or coal reserve was found under Delhi's Jama Masjid or St. Francis Church in Kerala. While the common Indians of that community would settle for a relocation of the places of worship, the you-know-whos would make it a big political chaos.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Your respect is least of my concerns, mate. There is nothing critical to think about when you've needlessly moved the topic directly from what was the main agenda for discussion. What critical thinking are you expecting in this thread derailment? My point of writing this thread was opened with the idea of showing how the biased concept of secularism exists in this country and how none of the self-proclaimed thekedars of secularism are conveniently avoiding the thread while bellowing their lungs out on Babri Masjid and Karnataka minister's Gita education thread.
That is true, that because they are chicken shit when it comes to point the problems with Islam or Christianity. Your whole problem here was to drag me into what you hate, make me a target for that secular bull shit.

But thread derailment led it to go off-topic. If your profile name describes you, then what interests you in threads regarding faith? Why derail?
Your the one derailing the thread because you got sentimental when i told the cave serves no purpose and you diverted the topic to name calling and judeing people. My kind your kind etc., You have no idea what i am, so stick with all the little blocks of people you have heard so far.

Yeah and you are so open minded and awesome that you turn a thread highlighting an issue of national heritage into a word warzone. How come I never see you writing this sort of words for other communities? :lol: Trust me, you're not the first of your kind seen here.
There is absolutely no picture of that caves, so no one can make up their mind on how important it is. Thats a muliti billion dollar project, i doubt they would have ever stoped for one cave, i own a construction company and i see this often when Roads are expanded we need to bull doze the temples or churches, i have often seen ppl cry for both Temples and churches or Mosques but eventually if you see in all the high roads we break them, under the agreement we build them a new one or compensate.

Earlier when i was a mere ideologist i used to be angry when people break temples to build roads but practically its impossible for progress if we stop work for some silly murthy or mulla.

This cave has no pictures so i am thinking it was not very important. In Roam they often discover small archeological finds and many times they build over it because there is no choice.

Then don't bother derailing meaningful threads next time with your one liners. A thread is posted you cite your opinions without insulting the sentiments of others rather than being selective about whom to target.
Again it was not my Opinion that derailed it, your Sentiments are what derailed the topic. Go read. You want everyone to say awww our history is going but if anyone says chuck it then you name call them and accuse them of derailing it when they defend against personal insults. lol.

Last edited:

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Destroying our own history, heritage and spiritual contacts for some tons of Lignite? How more shameful can this get?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
That would be yet to see if a massive diamond or coal reserve was found under Delhi's Jama Masjid or St. Francis Church in Kerala. While the common Indians of that community would settle for a relocation of the places of worship, the you-know-whos would make it a big political chaos.
Why stop there ? Even if it was under a temple or gurudwara nothing would be done.

Honestly buddhists dont have enough presence....its all down to votes. No politician actually like any community

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Why stop there ? Even if it was under a temple or gurudwara nothing would be done.

Honestly buddhists dont have enough presence....its all down to votes. No politician actually like any community
Temples have been ravenously broken down except for some that are given the world heritage status. Many classic temples lie in dead of forests. There are many articles that have been written on them. But that's a different topic.

What you state however is bitter but very true. These effing politicians care only about votebank especially the ruling one.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Forget forest...even monuments in delhi are rotting away.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles