16 million women married to gay men in China: Expert

Oracle

BEIJING: An estimated 16 million women in China may be married to homosexual men, "silently suffering" the consequences to sustain their wedlock, a leading Chinese expert claimed today.

More @ TOI

arya

Country flag
my god what a poor thing

well i meet many Chinese women working in huwaei yes they are unsatisfying

nimo_cn

Country flag
my god what a poor thing

well i meet many Chinese women working in huwaei yes they are unsatisfying
What does that have to do with women working in Huawei?

And when do people expect women of science and technology to be attractive? No offence to them, but being a computer major, I know pretty much about that.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Like India the Chinese to have a falling sex ratio, its better to leave the homos alone and not force them to marry. Atleast that way hetros can get the remaining girls and the sex ration may match up. Not to mention the Lesbian population that no one is looking into here? What about the men married to Lesbians who have fake sex emotions? :D

Oracle

This issue is prevalent in India too. Gays, fearing persecution at work place, home, the society as a whole get married to women, and in turn both suffer.

Is being gay a criminal offense in China or is it simply the fear of persecution?

nimo_cn

Country flag
In China, gay are under more pressure than lesbians. It takes much more courage for a gay man to get out of closet than for a female lesbian. Even if they have the courage to disclose his true sex orientation, their life will most likely be destroyed.

They have to risk their old parents being wrecked by such news, who have been dreaming about being grandparents, and that risk alone keeps most of them from getting out of closets.

nimo_cn

Country flag
This issue is prevalent in India too. Gays, fearing persecution at work place, home, the society as a whole get married to women, and in turn both suffer.

Is being gay a criminal offense in China or is it simply the fear of persecution?
Though being a totalitarian country, China issues no law forbidding people to be homosexual, if that is what you are asking.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
In China, gay are under more pressure than lesbians. It takes much more courage for a gay man to get out of closet than for a female lesbian. Even if they have the courage to disclose his true sex orientation, their life will most likely be destroyed.

They have to risk their old parents being wrecked by such news, who have been dreaming about being grandparents, and that risk alone keeps most of them from getting out of closets.
It is the same in india as well. Everyone is forced into marriage, i have heard a story where a guy who is transsexual was forced to marry and later on in his frustration he killed his wife after a few years and dumped her body. They later found out and he is in jail for life time.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Though being a totalitarian country, China issues no law forbidding people to be homosexual, if that is what you are asking.
So there are no place like in thailand where they have all this stuff?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Homosexuals are there everywhere.

Maybe the cultural and the legal reasons makes a homosexual marry to appear 'normal'.

mileycyruslove

Leviticus 18:22
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles