15 August - Polish Army Holiday Defilade

Damian

Yeah, so 15th we have this great defilade with additional attractions like static display of vehicles, small arms and eqiupment. I will be there to make photos, so hopefully I will come back with a lot of photos.

But for start photos from rehearsal before the parade.

Damian

Small bonus before the defilade, two videos, one from the old bad WarPac times, and second from 2008 showing other more significant defilades.
Large defilades are not performed in Poland each year, but from time to time. So it's really nice that this year we will have a large defilade.

Last edited by a moderator:

Damian

Video from the rehearsal

Damian

Ok so a few words for start.

15th was a great day in Warsaw, weather was good and atmosphere was great. Honestly I did not expecting so many people, and this ended up with few minor problems simply because it was diffcult to find a good spot to make photos, both in case of defilade and also static display, in case of display itself, there was a lot of families with little children that just were everywhere on vehicles.

All displayed vehicles were open however for some reasons there was order for soldiers to ask for not doing interior photos, pity but order is order.

So let's start shall we?

A historical theme, there were 3 Renault FT light tanks used by Poland during interwar period, and also polish 7TP light tank developed during interwar period. A true rarity.

And some of the modern equipment, Leopard 2A5 tanks, SPH Krab and APC Rosomak.

Damian

Some of my observations. All vehicles that were developed originally on Soviet Union are incredibly cramped inside, ergonomics are poor if any exist. On the other hand newly designed vehicles in Poland or purchased from our NATO allies are very comfortable. It's easy to get in and get out from Leopard 2 tanks, and it is very comfortable inside, still you need to watch inside to not hit some internal components, might hurt you!

From soldiers I talked with, there is only one ergonomic problem with Leopard 2's, and it's minor one. Because loader is responsible for radio's and operate them, an because radio's are placed in the turret rear, he might have problems to reach them during movement when main gun is stabilized because of that huge deflector for propelant charge stub cases that is attached to the main gun. Other than that, no problems.

SPH Krab is huge outside, and huge inside! A very modern vehicle also, you get inside and there are multifunction flat displays for gunner and commander. Overall it is also comfortable to get inside and outside through larger rear hull hatch.

APC Rosomak again, also very comfortable, I was actually surprised how large is space for dismounts in the rear (of course if you are not wearing ballistic vest and other stuff, and vehicle is largery empty, tough there is large storage area behind dismounts seats.

Interesting thing I noticed is that gunner and commander controls for the Hitfist-30P turret and Mk44 autocannon, are very similiar in concept of working mechanism to Challenger 2's turret controls. These are not joysticks that can move, there are small control knobs on them so you actually control turret traverse and main armament elevation by using thumbs.

And a video, not my tough, just found on YT.

jouni

Great stuff! Nice to see Poland take her place among great nations of Europe. Hope your happy with those Patria developed vehicles.

Damian

Great stuff! Nice to see Poland take her place among great nations of Europe. Hope your happy with those Patria developed vehicles.
Oh believe me, we are more than happy. besides this remember, Poland actually contributed to the Patria AMV developed more than anyone expected, I seen proposed modification to the base vehicle developed by our engineers that exceeds any of yours imagination. For example anti-tank/anti-air variant with "Amur" remotely controlled weapon module fitted with 4x Spike ATGM + 4x Grom MANPADS. ;)

Damian

HD videos from Army Day parade.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles