14 security personnel die in shootout in Balochistan.

Poseidon

Country flag
14 security personnel die in shootout with militants in SW Pakistan.
English.news.cn 2011-11-21 17:33:01 FeedbackPrintRSS

ISLAMABAD, Nov. 21 (Xinhua) -- At least 14 Pakistani paramilitary troops have been killed in clashes with militants in the country's southwestern Balochistan province, security sources and local media reported on Monday.

TV channels reported that the clashes erupted in the Chamalang mountainous area late Sunday night after armed militants attacked the Frontier Corps (FC) troops, which continued until Monday morning.

Local TV Ajj reported that 14 soldiers have been killed in the shootout so far. There are no official comments on the casualties.

Sources said that 11 FC troops were also injured and the bodies and injured have been evacuated in helicopters. The injured were airlifted to a military hospital in Quetta, the provincial capital.

TV channels had earlier reported that four FC soldiers had been killed in the clashes.

Security sources said that the FC forces have been deployed in the area to guard the huge coal mine resources in the area.

They said that militants from Baloch anti-government groups routinely attack the security forces in the region.

No group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack.

Sources said that the insurgents could either belong to Baloch Liberation Army (BLA) or to a new group Baluch United Liberation Army (BULA) which opposes the presence of security forces in Balochistan.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english201..._131260733.htm

RIP to the dead.

SHASH2K2

I hope they have some RPG and anti aircraft systems like stingers to take on Pakistan airforce .

SHASH2K2

We should provide some SA-16's & Milan 2T to them.
I am sure our intelligence agencies would be aware of the scenario but I dont know how much freedom they have been given by GOI ? Hope they have all the freedom needed .

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
We should provide some SA-16's & Milan 2T to them.
There are enough Stingers and RPG available for sale in Quetta and all over the frontier province. Baloch can buy those and give Pakjabies taste of their own Chutney. Give Baloch support and lots of money to buy things from Pakjabi and Pathan jernails.

It appears the US plan of divison of Pakistan is still on as an option !

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
RIP to dead, we will support our brothers............... we can always send big catch of Pakistani and chines made arms to them, BTW few of the PAF and PA helicopters and planes going down by our brothers would send very good signal to Pakistan.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
How are insurgents in this case different than insurgents in Afghanistan (for example)? Is their cause justified? I am ignorant of the issues.

[Later] I can become less ignorant by reading earlier threads in this sub-forum.

Last edited:

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
BLA / BRA Strikes: Fourteen Pakistani troops killed in rebel ambush: military

QUETTA: Fourteen Pakistani soldiers were killed on Monday in an ambush blamed on separatist rebels in the country's southwestern Balochistan province, the Frontier Corps paramilitary force said.

It was one of the deadliest attacks on Pakistani troops and marked the highest number of military dead in a single incident since March when friendly fire killed 13 soldiers on the northwestern border with Afghanistan.

Up to four dozen rebels struck before dawn in the Musa Khel district, 400 kilometres (250 miles) southeast of the provincial capital Quetta in one of the most troubled and deprived parts of Pakistan, bordering Afghanistan and Iran.

The military said the troops were guarding a private coal mine and blamed the attack on Baloch rebels, who rose up in 2004 to demand political autonomy and a greater share of profits from the province's wealth of natural resources.

"Fourteen paramilitary personnel, including a major, were killed and several others were wounded. Baloch militants were involved," the spokesman told AFP.

(pakis bas@@@@ds said BLA is no more.....now eat shyt rather than grass friggin religious nutjob pakis)

Fourteen Pakistani troops killed in rebel ambush: military | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The Pakistani army is still green behind their ears and so they are suffering heavy losses without much of success to write home about!

Eiffe

RIP to these soldiers.

i cannot imagine Pakistan army managed a stalemate against Taliban in first Swat war. They should all commit mass suicide.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Pakistani nationalist you wont have nation in future to be nationalist off. Better go for Balochi or Afghani they have better chance to survive then Pakistan.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Where are our Baloch friends on DFI? Akbar Bugti sahab, your people are doing a good job.

If you have more news on this and how the Paki occupation forces are dealt with by the Baloch and how the traitors of Baloch movement are also dealt with, please post here.

IBSA

Country flag
Well done,

Balochistan province was illegaly annexed by Pak in 1947 division, then shouldn't be part of Pak. The true pakistani are only the moslem Indian of Punjab. Baloch and pashtuns, though be moslem people, aren't ethnically Indic but Iranic people. I support the baloch struggle by their land independence as well as Kurds, Palestines and others.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
So pakistani govt do not want to recognize balochistanis but want to enjoy all the natural coal in those areas. No matter how many troops GOP assign to protect those mines, guerilla attacks by BLA/BULA will always hit them & PA soldiers will be brutally murdered because someone nuthead in Islamabad prefers it that way.

Sad day for Pakistani para forces.

This way Balochistani freedom movement will only intensify & GOP will pay for it.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
i think we will be first to recognized Balochistani nation when it happen.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Yes we should be.

I will not be surprised to find out that those insurgent leaders have already approached new possible stakeholders of future af-pak resolution.

Galaxy

Country flag
This is good news. Hope Balochistan becomes Independent country soon and we will recognize her on day 1.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles