$117 million brand new Chinese ship sinks at launch

illusion8

their high IQ gave up I guess, I get these chinese dudes in almost every post praising their own 105 IQ BS so much, but from the outside they just look to me as a factory assembly line of muted robots doing their masters bidding. Its pretty strange how a bunch of men can control these 1.3 billion chinese. Not quite smart for my liking.

agentperry

chale toh chand tak na chale toh sham tak---always i get reminded of this phrase given out by enlightened palika trader

Nagraj

on topic as spark said its a small thing for china :)

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Vasa (ship) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On 10 August 1628, Captain Söfring Hansson ordered Vasa to set sail on its maiden voyage to the naval station at Älvsnabben. The day was calm, and the only wind was a light breeze from the southwest. The ship was towed along the waterfront to the southern side of the harbor, where three sails were set, and the ship made way to the east. The gun ports were open, and the guns were out to fire a salute as the ship left Stockholm.[13]

After Vasa emerged from the lee of the city, a gust of wind filled its sails, and it heeled suddenly to port. The sheets were cast off, and the ship slowly righted herself as the gust passed. Soon another gust came, which again forced the ship onto its port side, this time pushing the open lower gun ports under water, causing water to rush in on the lower gun deck. The inflow of water heeled Vasa over further, and it quickly sank to a depth of 32 meters (105 ft) only 120 meters (390 ft) from shore. Survivors clung to debris to save themselves, and many nearby boats rushed to their aid, but despite these efforts and the short distance to land, 30 to 50 people perished with the ship, according to reports. The flags and the tops of the main and fore masts, still visible above the surface, leaned heavily to port because of ballast that had shifted during the sinking. Vasa sank in full view of a crowd of hundreds, if not thousands, of mostly ordinary Stockholmers who had come to see the great ship set sail. The crowd included foreign ambassadors, in effect spies of Gustavus Adolphus' allies and enemies, who also witnessed the catastrophe.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Actually, it did not sink.

It just keeled over!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles