1000T Class Long March V ready for maiden launch

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned
Just finished whole platform vibration test, Wenchang space center will be our fourth major space center to launch low latitude space crafts.
Long march 7 and 9 are in the making.

The 1000T class Long March V will enable China to send into space more spacious stations and spaceship.

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned
Capacity in LEO ad GEO?
Well, western media speculates it has a payload capacity of 25,000 kg to LEO and 14,000 kg to GTO.
More or less in that range, even 25T is far exceeding the current need.

afako

Hindufying India
Country flag
Does China have any Rocket in the category of SLS or UMLV?

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned
Does China have any Rocket in the category of SLS or UMLV?
I wanted to say this is not a good question but since you raised the question in this way, I will convert my answer as :

SLS by definition varies in capacity, if it means a space launch system, China has many rockets that can be put into this category.
many of our CZ2 and CZ4 series are SLS.
any ways, China does not use Indian definition to categorize its rockets, and by SLS I thought you meant SLV, if that is the case
all our CZs are. CZ3 series are for Geosynchronous satellites

As modularized rocket, CZ5 is a UMLV, our second artillery started to use this technology since the 1980s, it is one of the pioneer in this particular technology, some features are better than US and Russian ones. but we do not call it UMLV.

Last edited:

cir

My interests have shifted from the CZ-5、CZ-6 and CZ-7,all of which are scheduled for maiden flights this year or next,to the CZ-9 and CZ-11。:thumb:

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned
My interests have shifted from the CZ-5、CZ-6 and CZ-7,all of which are scheduled for maiden flights this year or next,to the CZ-9 and CZ-11。:thumb:
Yup, CZ-9 is really an eye opener, it is designed for manned moon mission.

cir

While we are talking about the launch vehicles,it is also interesting to know what types of payloads China plan to send into orbit in the next few years。In this regard,it is worth knowing that CAS has started on prototypes of the following 5 satellites:

(1)Hard X-ray Detection Satellite
(2)Experimental Quantum Science Satellite
(3)Dark Matter Detection Satellite
(4)Retrievable Scientific Test Satellite
(5)Kuafu Plan Satellite

ÖпÆÔºÒÑÆô¶¯°µÎïÖÊ̽²â¡¢¿ä¸¸¼Æ»®µÈÎÀÐÇÑÐÖÆ-ÖÐÐÂÍø

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles