10 most amazing hybrid animals

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
I dont think that is even possible. Humans and Chimps belong to different genus Homo and Pan respectively- and hence such an union wont produce offsprings I think:hmm:!

Homo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wrong. Note the different genus of the horses below:

In a direct parallel to the chimp-human case, the Przewalski horse (Equus przewalskii) with 33 chromosome pairs, and the domestic horse (E. caballus) with 32 chromosome pairs, have been found to be interfertile, and produce semi-fertile offspring, where male hybrids can breed with female domestic horses.[5]
Besides, analysis of the chimp and human genome proves that humans did interbreed with chimps relatively recently:

In 2006, research suggested that after the last common ancestor of humans and chimpanzees diverged into two distinct lineages, inter-lineage sex was still sufficiently common that it produced fertile hybrids for around 1.2 million years after the initial split.[8]
Looking back millions of years into early human history, current research into human evolution tends to confirm that in some cases, interspecies sexual activity may have been a key part of human evolution. Analysis of the species' genes in 2006 provides evidence that after humans had started to diverge from chimps, interspecies mating between "proto-human" and "proto-chimps" nonetheless occurred regularly enough to change certain genes in the new gene pool:

A new comparison of the human and chimp genomes suggests that after the two lineages separated, they may have begun interbreeding... A principal finding is that the X chromosomes of humans and chimps appear to have diverged about 1.2 million years more recently than the other chromosomes.

The research suggests that:

There were in fact two splits between the human and chimp lineages, with the first being followed by interbreeding between the two populations and then a second split. The suggestion of a hybridization has startled paleoanthropologists, who nonetheless are 'treating the new genetic data seriously'
.[13]
You want to impregnate a Human with a Chimp?
Why not? No one is forcing anyone to do the experiment, but if a human female volunteers, who are the rest of us to stop her?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Wrong. Note the different genus of the horses below:
thats a very simplistic approach to a very complex problem based on just no. of Chromosomes. Here, look at the animals which have Chromosomal numbers cloase to Homo sapiens....List of organisms by chromosome count - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Besides, analysis of the chimp and human genome proves that humans did interbreed with chimps relatively recently:
1.2 Million years is not "relatively" recent. We diverged far away from the point inter-breeding. So much time has passed that we stopped being "that" close with Chimps. now both are two completely distinct species with a wide Chromosomal seperation.

Also, is there any evidence for the production of such Hybrids in the first place?

Why not? No one is forcing anyone to do the experiment, but if a human female volunteers, who are the rest of us to stop her?
No one has the right to stop it, but I dont think it is possible in the first place!

Tolaha

Hey.... Wait a minute! Why should it be a human female volunteer? Why not a human male volunteer? Let me be very clear, count me out of it, but you may try your hand! Let us know how it goes! :namaste:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Hey.... Wait a minute! Why should it be a human female volunteer? Why not a human male volunteer? Let me be very clear, count me out of it, but you may try your hand! Let us know how it goes! :namaste:
I have no issues with donating my sperms for scientific progress!!

But if it comes down to humping, I will leave it for @Known_Unknown !!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles