1,000 tonne gold treasure buried in UP?

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by SajeevJino, Oct 18, 2013.

1. SajeevJino

SajeevJino Long walk Elite Member

1,000 tonne gold treasure buried in UP? ASI to begin excavation today

The Archaeological Survey of India is set to begin excavation for a 1,000 tonne gold treasure after a sadhu dreamt about it.

Shobhan Sarkar reportedly dreamt that 1,000 tonnes of gold is buried in the remains of the fort of Raja Rao Ram Bux Singh in Daundiya Kheda village of Unnao district in Uttar Pradesh. He then apprised a Union minister of it and convinced him that the finding could help alleviate some of the country’s financial troubles.

In the dream, Raja Rao Ram Bux Singh told the sadhu, who has substantial number of followers in the area, to take care of the gold buried in the remains of his fort.

Notably, Raja Rao Ram Bux Singh was martyred during the fight with British in 1857.

Sarkar's dream was not taken seriously by the local administration and the state government. However, Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Food Processing Charan Das Mahant paid heed to it and visited the area on September 22 and October 07, and met Sarkar. The minister then directed the ASI to work on it, which will begin from October 18

A newspaper quoted Mahant as saying that he heard about the treasure from a priest who visits him regularly. “He told me that Shobhan Sarkar wanted to meet me. When I met him, he told me about the reserves. He said the quantity was so huge that if the government can excavate it, it could be handy since there was a crisis with the rupee,” Mahant said.

“I was surprised. I then wrote to the Prime Minister, finance minister, home minister and mines minister and related departments such as the ASI and Geological Survey of India about the reserves. I informed Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi too about it,” he said.

1,000 tonne gold treasure buried in UP? ASI to begin excavation today

3. Vishwarupa

Vishwarupa Senior Member Senior Member

So ultimately they got go-ahead from Sonia & Raul gandhi for looting.

4. SajeevJino

SajeevJino Long walk Elite Member

The Myth ..sure he was a Alien

Abhijeet Dey likes this.
  5. happy

happy Senior Member Senior Member

Maybe this corrupt govt itself buried some black money in the form of gold and are now unearthing it :taunt:

6. Abhijeet Dey

Abhijeet Dey Regular Member

That would be kept secret from the media. And what if they don't find any gold there. Does that sadhu have to pay the expenses for excavation since ASI is a government organisation?

7. happy

happy Senior Member Senior Member

According to media, It was undertaken after the confidential briefing given by the minister Charan Das Mahant to rahul. Then Rahul gave just oral instructions and the whole ASI hierarchy put up camp at the site.

IMO this is just BS business of Rahul.

8. A chauhan

A chauhan "अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l" Senior Member

1000 tonne gold :scared: that much seems impossible!

1 tonne can be understood.

9. maomao

maomao Veteran Hunter of Maleecha Senior Member

I remember what happened to Man Singh's (of Jaipur, if I'm not mistaken with the name)!

10. drkrn

drkrn Senior Member Senior Member

what would you do when some one comes to you and tells that there is a treasure far away,a moment when you are in dire need of money.
    i will go,even with risk

i dont see any risk in going to an old fort with hi tech equipment for treasure hunt.after padmanabhaswamy temple fiasco,every temple,palace in india with folk stories of hidden treasure is making every one mad for it.

even if its 10% true 100 tonnes is too high

11. arnabmit

arnabmit Homo Communis Indus Senior Member

Waaaat? Is this for real? :shocked: :rofl:

It happens only in India!!!

12. Dinesh_Kumar

Dinesh_Kumar Regular Member

Rather than looking for gold below the surface in UP, if the authorities develop their human resources and provide crime free and good administration, our country will benefit more.

SajeevJino likes this.
  13. venkat

venkat Regular Member

Though the gesture of the sadhu is noble and laudable,it could be a dream only!!! alas!!!!

may be the thread should read "1,000 tonne gold treasure buried in swiss banks?"

14. ninja85

ninja85 Regular Member

how this "archaeological excavation team " got their so fast ????? :shocked:

may god save this gold ( if there any ) from UP politicians especially from :italy::drool:led corrupt congress

parijataka and SajeevJino like this.
  15. Free Karma

Free Karma Senior Member Senior Member

If they do find some gold.....I hope whoever is in charge of this is as strong as the Padmanabhaswamy temple custodians, who fought and successfully kept control of their 5 billion gold assets from the prying hands of the Kerala state govt when they tried to take it over under the pretext of "security and protection from misappropriation" lol.

What is the use of this type of gold, i.e temples/antiques? Nothing more than pride right?

parijataka likes this.
  16. H.A.

H.A. Senior Member Senior Member

What i don't understand is that a person dreams about something is fine but how did someone take it so seriously, just because he had connections? "If" they find something it is okay. however if they don't find anything then just imagine the money that went to waste just because a person had a dream. Logically shouldn't the ASI first try and study the history books and find if there was any documentation of 1000 Tons of gold, i mean its huge or rather massive quantity and if any person owns it there would be some or the other documentation about the prosperity of the region etc.

Known_Unknown and parijataka like this.
  17. I-G

I-G Tihar Jail Banned

If that gold is there for sure it would have been hide to not get shipped to British Empire .

Salutes to the brave heros of the war of Independence ..

parijataka likes this.
  18. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

[​IMG]

TrueSpirit likes this.
  19. dhananjay1

dhananjay1 Regular Member

Even if they find some buried gold, It can't be 1000 tons.

20. NSG_Blackcats

NSG_Blackcats Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009 Senior Member

We are just making fool of our self. What next, Gas / Oil exploration based on Oil Minster's dream?

TrueSpirit and Known_Unknown like this.
  21. jmj_overlord

jmj_overlord Regular Member

saw the news just now........big gold rush in up.......that too based on a dream..........digging started by ASI.........can't stop laughing :laugh: