Sri Lanka: Fresh Clashes between Buddhists and Muslims leaves 3 dead

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Fresh Clashes between Buddhists and Muslims leaves 3 dead

At least three Muslims have been killed in overnight clashes with hardline Buddhists in southern Sri Lanka.
The men died of gunshot wounds near a mosque in the town of Aluthgama in what is seen as Sri Lanka's worst outbreak of sectarian violence in years.More than 78 others have been seriously injured in the violence, justice minister Rauf Hakeem said.A curfew is in place in Aluthgama and nearby Beruwala. Muslims make up 10% of Sri Lanka's mainly Buddhist population.

The men who were killed were shot after midnight following several hours of clashes between two factions in which stones and bottles were lobbed, reports the BBC's Charles Haviland in Aluthgama.Mr Hakeem, a Muslim, said he was "outraged" at the police failure to keep law and order and that the authorities had allowed Buddhists to demonstrate three days after a smaller sectarian clash in the area, involving Muslim youths and a Buddhist monk's driver.

He said he was "ashamed" to be part of the government. He made his remarks as he visited areas which have been caught up in the violence.The authorities imposed a curfew after clashes began following a rally by the BBS, the Bodu Bala Sena, or Buddhist Brigade in Aluthgama on Sunday.Eyewitness accounts tell of Muslims being pulled off local buses and beaten. There are also reports of looting as well as shops being burned.

'Act in restraint'
After its rally, the BBS marched into Muslim areas chanting anti-Muslim slogans, reports say, and the police used tear gas to quell the violence. Unconfirmed reports say security forces also used gunfire.Witnesses say Muslim homes and a mosque were stoned.President Mahinda Rajapaksa has announced an investigation."The government will not allow anyone to take the law into their own hands. I urge all parties concerned to act in restraint," he tweeted.

Correspondents say tension has recently been high between the two sides, with Muslims calling on the government to protect them from hate attacks by Buddhists, and Buddhists accusing minorities of enjoying too much influence.For the past couple of years, Sinhalese Buddhist revivalist groups have been staging demonstrations heavily laden with anti-Muslim rhetoric, usually led by monks, our correspondent reports.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Re: Sri Lanka: Fresh Clashes between Buddhists and Muslims leaves 3 de

Pakis SHOULD intervene and teach Lankans a lesson for even touching Muslims.

Afterall Pakis are thekedar of Islam and should not tolerate Muslims torchered,raped,killed anywhere.

Oh wait... Pakis are doing the same to their own Muslims since 71.

JBH22

What have they done to piss off buddhist?
@Blackwater bhaijaan where is our Ghazi commander Zaid Hamid telling brave Pakistanis about Indian role in these attacks.

Last edited by a moderator:

HeinzGud

Country flag

What have they done to piss off buddhist?

@ Blackwater bhaijaan where is our Ghazi commander Zaid Hamid telling brave Pakistanis about Indian role in these attacks.
They have beaten a monk.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

Burma &Srilanka BUDHISTS Really pissed off by Islam ..........

Some thing wrong with Hindus :rofl:
Hindoooos are vegetarian and non-violent onleeeee.

Buddhism rock! so let's convert to Buddhism if they teach us to fight unjust.

Even a peaceful and innocent cow can kill in retaliation if someone mess with her and here we are the always Secular people. :tsk:

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag

Hindoooos are vegetarian and non-violent onleeeee.

Buddhism rock! so let's convert to Buddhism if they teach us to fight unjust.

Even a peaceful and innocent cow can kill in retaliation if someone mess with her and here we are the always Secular people. :tsk:
wrong! hindus are kufur, dark , ugly, servant also

Vishwarupa

Country flag

Our Secular gook is hurt by violence on Muslims in SL.

DMK President Karunanidhi Condemns Violence Against Lankan Muslims

DMK President Karunanidhi Condemns Violence Against Lankan Muslims - NDTV

DMK President M Karunanidhi today condemned the anti-Muslim riots in Sri Lanka and urged India to come forward to voice its concern for members of the minority community in the island nation.

While countries like the US had expressed concern over the riots that had left three persons dead and around 100 injured, the Centre and Tamil Nadu Government were yet to raise this issue even as Muslim outfits were staging protests in the state, he said.

"After the genocidal attacks on Tamils in Sri Lanka, Muslims are being attacked now and Centre and state government should come forward to voice concern for their safety," he said in a statement here.

Three persons were killed and nearly 100 people were injured in ethnic violence after a Buddhist majority nationalist group staged a rally in Muslim-dominated areas of Beruwala, Dharga Town and Aluthgama on the south-western coast of Sri Lanka on June 15.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

The Buddhist are appearing to become racial supremacists.

Surprising, actually.

Buddhist are taken to be the coolest, but here they are rocking Ceylon.

Beating a monk is hardly a reason for the carnage.

People complain that Pakistan has been taken over by the Army and the Mullahs.

It appears that Ceylon too has been taken over by the Army and the Monk men.

Last edited:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

Burma &Srilanka BUDHISTS Really pissed off by Islam ..........

Some thing wrong with Hindus :rofl:

Hindus are generally strong. It is just that they let their hands be guided by secularist scum who are nothing but money and attention-seeking fence sitters trying to play the agenda to weaken Indian cultural fabric by using media and other intellectual platforms.

The day Hindus gain confidence in their own actions and their own thinking, that will be the end of jihad and their toilet cleaners, the liberal secularists.

We Buddhists are confident of ourselves that we are generally peaceful. No one tells us when to defend ourselves and when not. So there is no chance of a secularist-fence sitting guilt industry that weakens us psychologically unlike you mainstream Hindus. Technically you are stronger and more capable of removing jihad but you guys are divided and weak.

You accept supremacy of foreign Abrahamic cults in the guise of secularism who have been fooling you and destroying your or rather OUR collective natural, national and cultural resources.

_____

I hope that you Hindus open your eyes after at least seeing that if Muslims can piss my community off, how 'peaceful' they actually are.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

The Buddhist are appearing to become racial supremacists.

Surprising, actually.

Buddhist are taken to be the coolest, but here they are rocking Ceylon.

Beating a monk is hardly a reason for the carnage.

People complain that Pakistan has been taken over by the Army and the Mullahs.

It appears that Ceylon too has been taken over by the Army and the Monk men.
This left liberalism Ray sir, is exactly why Hindus are weak.

Though I don't agree with the Sinhala brand of nationalism on a daily basis, believe me, they are not a bunch of saffron robed mullahs ruling the country. It is just that when it comes to culture protection, they don't suck up to muslims bullying them.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

Our Secular gook is hurt by violence on Muslims in SL.

DMK President Karunanidhi Condemns Violence Against Lankan Muslims
I told you secularists have no honour. They will go where money and attention comes to them and for that, they can sell their families as well.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

I think fk Caste is one of the Ugly side of India,which divides India. Anyway it slowly declining.
The only reason i like BJP(apart from Modi) is it UNITES HINDUS unlike Sickular,caste based parties which are very dangerous

Hats off Tshering u have superb knowledge, still it amuse me why majority Hindus are so low confidence.Leaders like Sivaji,Ranjit Singh galvanize entire community, we may expect little from MODI.
You are right. I agree.

We are not different from you. We are the same people. It is only this cultural marxist nonsense of Nehruvian secoolarism that has categorized us as different for 'divide and rule' to continue. Come here to Sikkim and see what I mean by 'we are the same'. :)

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

I didn't get u,we are not different ....... u mean in North East also Caste dominates (in politics). Yeah when ever i read History it irritates me such a blatant LIES,Muslim appeasement in text books :frusty: i hope BJP should change history and put two side of story

No not casteism. In most of northeastern states, tribal language and inter-tribal cultures are the heavy theme of elections. Only recently in the last 10 years, Muslim appeasement has taken the agenda because of millions of illegal muslims pouring through the border from Bangladesh.

In my state, the focus is on prices, availability of facilities and peace generally. Here Gurkhas, Lepchas, Monpas, Bhutias etc all live in peace and unity. Essentially because the majority is Hindu/Buddhist population. But if we have a situation like Assam where deranged Bangladeshi mullahs form 40% of the population, then it is not possible.

I am saying that essentially Buddhism is not different from mainstream Hindu culture, of which, one of the branches is abstract.

This is unlike organized religion which uses the victim card always to gain favours.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

So sad that the Buddhists of Ceylon are taking it out on people who have lived in Ceylon for ages!

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

Race(Mangoloid) plus Religion clashes are too much deadly (like burma),how govt save assam from BD invasion is interesting
Not race. We don't care about how someone looks. The problem is when there is a politicized motive behind migration. Now I see what Raj Thackeray meant when he said politicization of migration. Though I won't quote him because of his rather extreme ways, he was correct in stating that those who come and settle (in our case illegal Bangladeshis), they come in and support Bangladeshi encroachment. They change demography so that corrupt Assamese politicians of Congress use votebank and give them all the privileges of Indians.

And if we keep this up, Assam will be consumed.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

So sad that the Buddhists of Ceylon are taking it out on people who have lived in Ceylon for ages!
Everyone is not a wuss like Indian government.

right wing

Country flag

this buddhist muslim war is set to be long drawn...after thailand n myanmar..now sri lanka...both very peaceful religions though...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles