Agni V Missile

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Yes, Specially Pakis are nutjobs and their leadership is no sane, their very dream is to destroy India, their first strike will be very heavy and come with at least 10 nuclear missiles, so no point in assembling nukes after the first strike.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
A very interesting debate on India, China and nukes.
[video]http://www.myvidster.com/video/5299261/All-star_panel_on_India_China_nukes[/video]
India is not Britain...it's not going to be the global lieutenant of the US...:rotflmao:
The woman kept questioning Indian intensions on disagreement over Iran while others were clear that we need Oil just as much the west does.

Adux

Country flag
The guy is in the know of things..i think he is bang on the money. 400kgs for a fairly advanced warhead with a 250kt yield.
It sounds quite plausible, though I dont expect a 2 ton missile. 1.5 ton is in itself in higher category of missile

Adux

Country flag
First strike as in first use policy.. but the target will be Delhi, Mumbai, etc..not missile sites..we are have mobile missiles..no silos.
You are wrong in this Yusuf, What is of paramount importance to PRC and Pakistan, much more than Mumbai (not Delhi) is to stop India's nuclear launches, and they still have some left for Mumbai, Bangalore etc.

It is not mobile missle site's (which only comes active after mating)they will be targeting, rather Nuclear Weapon storage sites and missile site's, which are both separate. Especially, like you say, we assemble after we get the first strike, then all the chinese have to do is take away the Nuclear Storage houses or Missile sites. There goes our second strike, I do agree, they cant take all our sites down, they wont have the intel for that. But they can severely degrade our capability to strike back, giving much chance to their ABM.

There it is important we have overwhelming nuclear advantage, and we have missile's ready to be mated at the first sign of real trouble. We might need to have a warning system similar to the Defcon in the US.

Last edited:

ashicjose

To avoid First strike we need assembled mobile missiles and submarine missiles ready for Second strike.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
You are wrong in this Yusuf, What is of paramount importance to PRC and Pakistan, much more than Mumbai (not Delhi) is to stop India's nuclear launches, and they still have some left for Mumbai, Bangalore etc.

It is not mobile missle site's (which only comes active after mating)they will be targeting, rather Nuclear Weapon storage sites and missile site's, which are both separate. Especially, like you say, we assemble after we get the first strike, then all the chinese have to do is take away the Nuclear Storage houses or Missile sites. There goes our second strike, I do agree, they cant take all our sites down, they wont have the intel for that. But they can severely degrade our capability to strike back, giving much chance to their ABM.

There it is important we have overwhelming nuclear advantage, and we have missile's ready to be mated at the first sign of real trouble. We might need to have a warning system similar to the Defcon in the US.
Even if they take out BARC, it will not make any difference. nukes are spread across the country.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
It sounds quite plausible, though I dont expect a 2 ton missile. 1.5 ton is in itself in higher category of missile
I expect a 3 warhead MRV with the rest of the space for decoys and dummies.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Indian doctrine is to assemble and mate after first strike..there is no clause of asembling and mating at some high alert.

There were talks that India had 4 phtrivis and 1 A1 pre production model ready with nukes on them during Kargil war..unconfirmed though.
Yusuf that is not the case, their are various levels of alarts in nuke weapons, just like in usa, i will give details later on. As i am using my mobile now.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I expect India to move to an active arsenal doctrine once we have SLBMs.

i thnk A2 production will be stopped and it will not be slowly removed from active duty.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
China also says that INDIA is not correct in saying that AGNI 5 has 5000 km range and in reality AGNI 5 has 8000 km range. The Chinese are crying foul. Please bring in some facts about the correct range of AGNI 5............:p

Adux

Country flag
Even if they take out BARC, it will not make any difference. nukes are spread across the country.
Lets give them more credit, they are not only going to bomb BARC, they will have some idea atleast about some nuke secret storage installations and ofcourse the bases of our Missile Brigades. This is the biggest problem of a land based Second Strike option, Arihant will change it to some extent.

We have to assume, that they we will have the capability to take out atleast 30-35% of our nukes on various stages ( duds, attack on nuke installations and ABM),

If you are saying we need 250 bombs, then we should have atleast 750 with us.

US and Soviet Union was of the opinion that they would not be able to use 1/5th of their arsenal. Therefore the 5000 nukes etc.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
A5 actual range is greater then 5k it can mean anything above 5k..........lol

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Lets give them more credit, they are not only going to bomb BARC, they will have some idea atleast about some nuke secret storage installations and ofcourse the bases of our Missile Brigades. This is the biggest problem of a land based Second Strike option, Arihant will change it to some extent.

We have to assume, that they we will have the capability to take out atleast 30-35% of our nukes on various stages ( duds, attack on nuke installations and ABM),

US and Soviet Union was of the opinion that they would not be able to use 1/5th of their arsenal. Therefore the 5000 nukes etc.
No i am saying 250 is enough considering all other options including degradation due to first strike. at the end of the day, two A5s with 3 MIRVs one missile on Beijing and one on Shanghai is good enough.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
And Armageddon will be on us!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

France for a very long time had land based missiles as its primary. deterrent . That to take on the mighty soviets separate from the NATO command.

France is way smaller than India and capped its arsenal at 250-300 warheads.

UK has 192 warheads on its tridents. yes they are more protected being sub launched, but then its capped there.

US and USSR went for total annihilation. We are only talking deterrence. China is not a fool. Pakis bluff a lot.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
In this whole discussion, we are missing a crucial link, our ABM system

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles