Estimation of Indian Nuclear Arsenal.- Present and Future

CCP

India has a modest nuclear arsenal. The emphasis is NOT on numbers but on survive-ability due to no first use policy.

However India has the materials available for more than 1000 nuclear devices. So many devices have not been made though. The actual number may be only around 100.

The type of weapons are similar to the ones tested last time. There may be improvements in design but these are minor.

India's focus is on missile development, specially missiles that are mobile (both road/rail) and can be fired at short notice. The focus of research remains reliability and accuracy of such missiles.

India will rely on geographic scattering of its weapons rather than hiding if a war comes. Entire north India will be used for firing.
India's nuclear arsenal is a joke.

List of nuclear weapons tests - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

May 11, 1998: Operation Shakti (type: implosion, 3 uranium and 2 plutonium devices, all underground). The Atomic Energy Commission (AEC) of India and the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) simultaneously conducted a test of three nuclear devices at the Indian Army Pokhran Test Range (IAPTR) on May 11, 1998. Two days later, on May 13, the AEC and DRDO carried out a test of two further nuclear devices, detonated simultaneously. During this operation, AEC India claimed to have tested a three-stage thermonuclear device (Teller-Ulam design), but the yield of the tests was significantly lower than that expected from thermonuclear devices. The yields remain questionable, at best, by Western and Indian scholars, estimated at 20kt-45kt.

power_monger

Country flag
India's nuclear arsenal is a joke.
The yields remain questionable, at best, by Western and Indian scholars, estimated at 20kt-45kt.
Kind of agree with your statements.but dont you think even 45kt is a deadly weapon for city like hongkong or Shangai with all those high rises? Dont you think Vertical growth of these cites are vulnerable to even this 45Kt weapon?

Last edited:

CCP

Kind of agree with your statements.but dont you think even 45kt is a deadly weapon for city like hongkong or Shangai with all those high rises? Dont you think Vertical growth of these cites are vulnerable to even this 45Kt weapon?
1. 45kt is Indian said so. "at best" 20kt by the earthquake departments of other countries.
2.It is a nuclear device,but not a warhead. You have nothing to deliver it.(check your missiles' payload according to their ranges)

Last edited:

power_monger

Country flag
1. 45kt is Indian said so.
2.It is a nuclear device,but not a warhead. You have nothing to deliver it.
This is a black project.So i can't comment here with authenticity. But remember this was 16 years back.So i do not think you can comment on India's capability today when the test were held 16 years back even accounting that new no new test has been carried.

CCP

This is a black project.So i can't comment here with authenticity. But remember this was 16 years back.So i do not think you can comment on India's capability today when the test were held 16 years back even accounting that new no new test has been carried.
1."at best" 20kt by the earthquake departments of other countries.
2.Since that test fail , you have not other way to know your model is right or not and for sure no data to simulate.

sgarg

1."at best" 20kt by the earthquake departments of other countries.
2.Since that test fail , you have not other way to know your model is right or not and for sure no data to simulate.
India is a country that builds its own supercomputers and communication satellites. Software developed by an Indian company powers Boeing 787 flight controls.

India does not need testing to refine its nukes.

I can confirm India has TN warheads up to 200KT. These will work.

CCP

India is a country that builds its own supercomputers and communication satellites. Software developed by an Indian company powers Boeing 787 flight controls.

India does not need testing to refine its nukes.

I can confirm India has TN warheads up to 200KT. These will work.
1.You need success at least once to possible simulate it at your "supercomputers".

2.How can you confirm 200kt and outside world can not detected the earthquake of it?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nuclear_weapons_tests_of_India

BTW, we have to test each rifle after produce, how can you said "India does not need testing to refine its nukes."

sgarg

1.You need success at least once to possible simulate it at your "supercomputers".

2.How can you confirm 200kt and outside world can not detected the earthquake of it?
List of nuclear weapons tests of India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BTW, we have to test each rifle after produce, how can you said "India does not need testing to refine its nukes."
Atomic weapons work on Physics, and its working can be simulated on the super-computer.
Typically the trigger mechanism is tested (as it is electro-mechanical). The trigger can be tested with conventional explosive too.
All new atomic weapons are being designed on computers and being fabricated without physical testing. Nothing unique to India.

You can question India's capability but that will not change the outcome of war.

CCP

Atomic weapons work on Physics, and its working can be simulated on the super-computer.
Typically the trigger mechanism is tested (as it is electro-mechanical). The trigger can be tested with conventional explosive too.
All new atomic weapons are being designed on computers and being fabricated without physical testing. Nothing unique to India.

You can question India's capability but that will not change the outcome of war.
You can believe what you want to believe but that will not change anything.

BTW, "Typically the trigger mechanism is tested (as it is electro-mechanical). The trigger can be tested with conventional explosive too.
All new atomic weapons are being designed on computers and being fabricated without physical testing. Nothing unique to India
." what a epic joke.

also this one "I can confirm India has TN warheads up to 200KT. These will work.". Who are you? LOL

Last edited:

sgarg

You can believe what you want to believe but that will not change anything.

BTW, "Typically the trigger mechanism is tested (as it is electro-mechanical). The trigger can be tested with conventional explosive too.
All new atomic weapons are being designed on computers and being fabricated without physical testing. Nothing unique to India
." what a epic joke.

also this one "I can confirm India has TN warheads up to 200KT. These will work.". Who are you? LOL
I can guarantee you know nothing about atomic weapons. Your comments show your ignorance.

Prove me wrong.

CCP

I can guarantee you know nothing about atomic weapons. Your comments show your ignorance.

Prove me wrong.
Sure,but please prove you are not a troll first.

Can you prove this "I can confirm India has TN warheads up to 200KT. These will work".

sgarg

Sure,but please prove you are not a troll first.

Can you prove this "I can confirm India has TN warheads up to 200KT. These will work".
Can you prove "India does not have TN warheads up to 200KT"?? How do I know you are not a troll??

The simple fact is that nuclear weapons are still being developed despite no overt testing. This means computers have become very powerful so that exact simulation can be done.

CCP

Can you prove "India does not have TN warheads up to 200KT"?? How do I know you are not a troll??

The simple fact is that nuclear weapons are still being developed despite no overt testing. This means computers have become very powerful so that exact simulation can be done.
Here is the links

now, this your turn to prove ""I can confirm India has TN warheads up to 200KT. These will work".
Or any link?

If that " exact simulation " does exist, then we don't need to test anything now.

BTW, how do you confirm your " exact simulation " result? The world is not a PC game. Do you think you are going to built 100's of warheads that is not confirmed by physical test ?

Last edited:

sgarg

Here is the links

now, this your turn to prove ""I can confirm India has TN warheads up to 200KT. These will work".
Or any link?

If that " exact simulation " does exist, then we don't need to test anything now.

BTW, how do you confirm your " exact simulation " result? The world is not a PC game. Do you think you are going to built 100's of warheads that is not confirmed by physical test ?
I have already told you that it is not necessary to physically test each type of warhead.

The test was to validate certain designs. Each of the design can be scaled up.

You are hung up on actual testing. I am trying to tell you that it is not necessary to test as a warhead can be simulated on computers.

You can doubt the methodology. You can assume that India has only warheads up to 20KT. That is your problem.

I can similarly doubt what Pakistan or China have. Such a doubting does not serve any purpose.

CCP

I have already told you that it is not necessary to physically test each type of warhead.

The test was to validate certain designs. Each of the design can be scaled up.

You are hung up on actual testing. I am trying to tell you that it is not necessary to test as a warhead can be simulated on computers.

You can doubt the methodology. You can assume that India has only warheads up to 20KT. That is your problem.

I can similarly doubt what Pakistan or China have. Such a doubting does not serve any purpose.

CHIC-6 17 June 1967 parachuted NGB/DF-3 warhead 3.3 Mt

Last edited by a moderator:
Country flag
15-21 kiloton bombs destroyed Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Lower yield MIRV 'd warheads are deadlier than highYield single warheads.

sgarg

@CCP, this is not 1967. This is 2014. The technology of today is very different from 1967.

India was only learning the ropes of nuclear technology in 1967. Now India build nuclear reactors based on local design and technology.

I believe China has improved its designs since it ended its testing program. I believe the same for USA.

The computer technology has changed the face of warfare.

sgarg

15-21 kiloton bombs destroyed Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Lower yield MIRV 'd warheads are deadlier than highYield single warheads.
Does not matter. India is MORE LIKELY to have higher yield warheads than the lower yield ones.

The strategy of India is based on smaller number of higher yield warheads.

CCP

@CCP, this is not 1967. This is 2014. The technology of today is very different from 1967.

India was only learning the ropes of nuclear technology in 1967. Now India build nuclear reactors based on local design and technology.

I believe China has improved its designs since it ended its testing program. I believe the same for USA.

The computer technology has changed the face of warfare.
I am wasting my time, so believe what you want to believe.

I should notice you are a troll when you said""I can confirm India has TN warheads up to 200KT. These will work".

sgarg

I am waiting my time, so believe what you want to believe.
You are trying to prove something without offering any arguments. If your objective is to shout, then you sure achieved your objective.

I have not seen any viable argument from you except the same tired arguments offered by American establishment after 1998 testing.

My stand is against nuclear weapons if you read my posts. I believe that nuclear weapons will only bring misery to the world. Nothing good can come out of this devilish desire to kill humanity.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles