Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhramos

Country flag
Before posting any new thread have a habit of checking once......Don't create multiple threads...
hi pls check the date above the thread.
i've posted this thread on july-20 & new one is posted on july 25,
so, kindly pls check the all info availble before questioning.

bhramos

Country flag
but why r we buying M4A1 guns, may its outdated???
but is the progress of Indigenous Bull pop gun its name is may be Vinashak!!

tharikiran

Country flag
Guys, is it M4A1 guns we are buying or carbines ???

If it's a M4A1 with a scope too, I will take it any day. :)

Tamil

Country flag
Carbines & Sniper Listed for Tender

CRB SO

M110 ECP

Magpul Masada

Tamil

Country flag
PSD2

Saber

Sar21-M203

I got in a link in a news report, i lost that link. If im wrong Forgive me Plz...

ZOOM

Founding Member
I am highly astonish to see such a low response to such an important thread, since many forum members of all class spend huge amount of words when it comes to Fighter Jet, Missiles, Submarines, MBT and various other heavy weapons system mainly used in War. But still we haven't seen any coherant discussion on a kind of a weapon system which has become highly relevant as any other weapon system used in a war.

New generation of Carbins and Rifles and employment of the same is a major task given various challenges required to face by our armed forces in modern battlefield against both conventional and uncoventional enemies. Use of Rifles has become a major area of debate especially when our armed forces require to face a kind of a enemy which is very low in number and highly use run and hit tactics as they aren't a effective fighting force in a first place. Under such circumstances, even if we have a some of the most advance kind of a rifles and carbins alongwith associated logistics simply are't sufficient enough to gurantee us as a major results given evolving nature of gunfighting. Since in a country like India, despite having multiple burst capable refiles equipped fighting force, we don't have a sufficient training centers to give this armed personnel to sharp their skill by engaging in a periodic target practic. Even according to recent reports, our much popular Rapid action Force based in Mumbai hasn't even a fired a single bullet in the last two years, not even during target practise. Because many of this soldiers are overburdened with their deployment for various reasons given their low number and not able to bring the time to do some target practic in training centers. This situation still persist in various paramilitary and Military components of India's armed forces. Under such circumstances, even if we equipped our Military troops with advanced weaponery(no matter which generation it is belonging to), it is highly doubtful wheather they would be successfull enough to use the same effecively.

I can't see our entire armed forces to be equipped with all the advance rifles, but they should equipped in a such way that we can extract maximum productivity from each of those soldiers fighting the battle against invicible enemy. Just having a advanced rifle and associated system will not going to win us a war, as there is no silver bullet to tackle our enemies. We have to bring in lots of inovation in this sphere which can enable us to fight the enemy with our existing systems. Proper communication equipmment and good coordination and adequent target practice as well become a major inputs in accomplishment of mission of modern battlefield in all landscapes and terrain.

bhramos

Country flag
INdian Infantry, special forces to get new-generation carbines and rifles

. These include weaponry like TAR-21 Tavor assault rifles and M4A1 carbines, all-terrain multi-utility vehicles and GPS navigation systems, modular acquisition devices and laser range-finders, high-frequency communication sets and combat free-fall parachutes, among other equipment, from countries like the US, Israel, France and Sweden.

hope this gets materialised

Infantry, special forces to get new-generation carbines and rifles - India - NEWS - The Times of India
hi zoom bhai, wat does M4A1 carbines means?
is this a full weapon or just carbines?

bhramos

Country flag
ok any way M4A1 are just upgrades of M16 family only.
why cant we go for Bullpop model for Special forces & paramilitary forces.

Antimony

ok any way M4A1 are just upgrades of M16 family only.
why cant we go for Bullpop model for Special forces & paramilitary forces.
The Tavor is a bullpup. Note the placement of the magwell, behind the trigger guard.

Also note the officers maroon headgear. He is a para

Here is another pic, in an actual deployment scenario. Unlike the previous pic, this one actually has a magazine and you can clearly see the bullpup configuration

I am not a pro, but this seems a dham good piece to me. Check out ths vid about the Tavor on the program Future Weapons. The host, a former US Navy SEAL, manages a headshot from a standing position at 300 metres

YouTube - Future Weapons: Tavor Assault Rifle

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
kabuli the IA uses the INSAS(Indian National Standard Assult System)

Tamil

Country flag
kabuli the IA uses the INSAS(Indian National Standard Assult System)
But not good 4 future warfare system F-INSAS... So we immediately need a change. infantry is the strength always.

:india:

J

John

KRISS is the perfect close quarters and Special forces weapons.

http://www.gunpundit.com/2008/kriss_crb_so.jpg

M-468 is ideal for a lot of guys as well, 6.8mm spc

http://www.popularairsoft.com/files/images/VFC_M468_kit_02.jpg

M-6 LWRC variants are gr8 as well

LWRC International, Products

M-110 is the perfect infantry sniper

http://www.militaryfactory.com/smallarms/imgs/m110.jpg

Cheytac is the perfect long range covert sniper rifle, fires lone range .408 cal bullet which outperforms the .50 cal

http://www.downloadmunkey.net/images/M200.jpg

Barrett .50 cal sniper rifle (semi auto), no need to say much about it. it holds the record sniper kill of 2400 m. or we can even go for Barrett model 99 with .416 round which allows for gr8ter ranges.

Barrett 82A1 50BMG Semi Auto Rifle

M-4 modified Beowulf, .50 cal kit, just need to buy the conversion kit and our existing M-4s become the deadliest assault rifles in the world.

Magpul 7.26/5.56mm is ideal for covert special forces as well.

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/magpul.jpg
YouTube - 50 Beowulf - Future Weapons

We should also get the AA-12 Semi auto shotgun

YouTube - AA-12. World's deadliest shotgun!

We should also get the xm-307, gr8 weapon

YouTube - Future Weapons: The XM307 Auto-Grenade Launcher

well TAR-21 is gr8 but in these days its ideal for Paramilitary, i think all our paramilitary forces can have 5.56 mm rounds except BSF and National Rifles. But regular infantry should phase out the 5.56 which lacks adequate punch and will be useless against Chinese troops who have good Armour protection, anything less than the 6.8 mm would be useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles