Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahul Khanna

I think paintball guns are used only in the very preliminary stages of CQB training.
Live ammo is used thereafter.
Actually Paintballs are also used when you are actively war gaming against each other (rather than shooting at cardboard targets).

The Downside is that while you are perfecting strategy and tactics you are training on a gun that is well not your Gun. Simunition fixes that.

Rahul Khanna

I know today is july 7th. 3 days late. but July 4th was the Anniversary Yogender Singh Yadav's superhuman effort to take Tiger Hill and earned him a PVC

Here is the Citation Order:

"Grenadier Yogender Singh Yadav was part of the leading team of a Ghatak Platoon tasked to capture Tiger Hill on the night of 3/4 July 1999. The approach to the top was steep, snowbound and rocky. Grenadier Yogender Singh Yadav, unmindful of the danger involved, volunteered to lead and fix the rope for his team to climb up. On seeing the team, the enemy opened intense automatic, grenade, rocket and artillery fire killing the Commander and two of his colleagues and the platoon was stalled. Realising the gravity of the situation, Grenadier Yogender Singh Yadav crawled up to the enemy position to silence it and in the process sustained multiple bullet injuries. Unmindful of his injuries and in the hail of enemy bullets, Grenadier Yogender Singh Yadav continued climbing towards the enemy positions, lobbed grenades, continued firing from his weapons and killed four enemy soldiers in close combat and silenced the automatic fire. Despite multiple bullet injuries, he refused to be evacuated and continued the charge. Inspired by his gallant act, the platoon charged on the other positions with renewed punch and captured Tiger Hill Top.

Grenadier Yogender Singh Yadav displayed the most conspicuous courage, indomitable gallantry, grit and determination under extreme adverse circumstances"

Lest we forget

// for those who want the Hollywood version: http://www.badassoftheweek.com/yadav.html

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
jamwal1.jpg

jamwal 2.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bornubus

Battle of Tiger hill is indeed one of the greatest battle in recent times but also in Indian Military History of thousands of years.

In fact Tiger hill, Tololing, Point 5770 etc are being taught in Military academies in various country including US, they also published a research paper on kargil war covering the above battles and how it was won by India.

These lines are from Kargil War memorial, relatives of martyrs visit this place every year remember their martyrdom. Every Indian should visit the place once in his lifetime.

13475184_843955462375250_4540024679226032510_o.jpg

13411891_820824614716925_1634001828447011522_o.jpg

Also, it was the bloodiest battle in Kargil where 3 Indian attacks were repulsed by Pakis and sikhs, Nagas and grenadiers suffered most the casualties.

Pakis had the absolute advantage of height and there is very little cover for Advancing Indian troops who initially mounted the ww style frontal assault with 35 kg weight on their back.

1. Notice the dead bodies Paki troops in white snow wear.

th2.jpg

paki al badr mujahideen in white snow wear

Body of paki Capt Imtiaz malik recovered from tiger hill

2. Paki captured weapons including sniper SSG steyr 69, G3, RPG and DSHK 12.7

th1.jpg

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
Why is the Army so fond of this Comic Sans font? It looks kinda childish. They use a similar font even on the official Indian Army Facebook page.

The font in the last image you posted looks so professional. They should use that for all images. See how childish this font looks "Battle of Khalubar Ridge".

Also, check the blatant spelling errors "rare feet"?

Whoever the social media manager of this page is, he is not taking his job seriously, no one is proof reading it, and no one is providing feedback, so he keeps at it. @Bornubus you seem to know people in the establishment, could you drop in a word? or could you become a volunteer social media manager for that page if possible? You do a better job of posting high quality contextual images and braveheart stories than the current admin of that Facebook page.

It's all the more important since each post on this page gets an average of 200K views and 20K likes. It's about time India starts taking information broadcasting seriously. Even during Iron Fist exercise, they recorded the whole event in such an unprofessional manner. Shot the whole thing very shoddily and in 480p. Just go to this youtube page and check the comments below, everyone is pissed.

On one side, SSB candidates are expected to have proficiency in soft skills, both oral and written, and on the other side, the person in charge of public outreach portrays such an unprofessional manner. What makes it doubly worse is that these social media posts are meant to be seen by the world, but they are riddled with spelling errors, childish fonts, punctuation errors, bad quality images, shoddy cropping. Totally avoidable mistakes.

"a rare feet howitzer being carried beyond ridge line". Are you kidding me right now, bruv!?

@Kunal Biswas @abingdonboy

Last edited:

Bornubus

Why is the Army so fond of this Comic Sans font? It looks kinda childish. They use a similar font even on the official Indian Army Facebook page.

The font in the last image you posted looks so professional. They should use that for all images. See how childish this font looks "Battle of Khalubar Ridge".

Also, check the blatant spelling errors "rare feet"?

Whoever the social media manager of this page is, he is not taking his job seriously, no one is proof reading it, and no one is providing feedback, so he keeps at it. @Bornubus you seem to know people in the establishment, could you drop in a word? or could you become a volunteer social media manager for that page if possible? You do a better job of posting high quality contextual images and braveheart stories than the current admin of that Facebook page.

It's all the more important since each post on this page gets an average of 200K views and 20K likes. It's about time India starts taking information broadcasting seriously. Even during Iron Fist exercise, they recorded the whole event in such an unprofessional manner. Shot the whole thing very shoddily and in 480p. Just go to this youtube page and check the comments below, everyone is pissed.

On one side, SSB candidates are expected to have proficiency in soft skills, both oral and written, and on the other side, the person in charge of public outreach portrays such an unprofessional manner. What makes it doubly worse is that these social media posts are meant to be seen by the world, but they are riddled with spelling errors, childish fonts, punctuation errors, bad quality images, shoddy cropping. Totally avoidable mistakes.

"a rare feet howitzer being carried beyond ridge line". Are you kidding me right now, bruv!?

@Kunal Biswas @abingdonboy
Once i visited the Army exhibition and they displayed the Ghillie suit as Suit Jelly :)

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag

The LMG is UK Vz. 59 LMG, Purchased along VZ58 and perhaps better PKM ..

This looks more vintage than my neighbours great grandmother. No offence intended.

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk

hardip

This looks more vintage than my neighbours great grandmother. No offence intended.

that's Goood..

Bren is Gun of WwII nd this uk vz 59. Is produced before Indo-china war.. (at that time Chinese had belt feed.. machine gun.. but we have just.. the brave Indian Soldiers..
that's while we had great answer to Chinese nd they got big casualties )

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
that's Goood..

Bren is Gun of WwII nd this uk vz 59. Is produced before Indo-china war.. (at that time Chinese had belt feed.. machine gun.. but we have just.. the brave Indian Soldiers..
that's while we had great answer to Chinese nd they got big casualties )
Bhai Saab...

Just a friendly advice.

It looks like you have some strong opinions against some of the equipment used by IA.

One thing that others members have already conveyed to you is that equipment need not match fanboy expectations but rather operational requirement.

Second thing you have to consider is that this is the second time in last 20 years that a government is actively mitigating the deficiencies in defence procurement. Last one being ABV term.

Assuming you are not trolling, please hold your thoughts atleast till 2019. Your expectations will definitely be met, just that there is a limit to how many things can be procured and absorbed by IA in a particular time frame. You have to consider that there is minimum 2-4 year time frame from tender to induction. That means if army issues a tender today induction maybe only in 2020.

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
Once i visited the Army exhibition and they displayed the Ghillie suit as Suit Jelly :)
Why does this keep happening? I thought maybe the bureaucracy is ignorant and hoped that things would improve when rajyavardhan singh rathore was made the Information-Broadcasting minister. But nothing has changed (except the one 11:00 minute Army recruitment video /watch?v=3t5M10gBVCc). I think there is a general tendency in India to consider information/psychological warfare department with a step mother like treatment. It makes us look incoherent, to say the least, and denies us the soft power punch which we would have if videos and illustrations are made properly. See how well these war training videos are made :

Can we not manage something like that? Compare these videos to our Iron Fist fiasco. Very callous on our part.

Bornubus

there is a general tendency in India to consider information/psychological warfare department with a step mother like treatment.
This remind me of PLA, it created huge propaganda when its troops conducted an exercise in sub zero climate.

Although, Chinese just conducted an exercise whereas Indian Army deployed 24/7 365 days in -50 at altitude more than 15,000 ft since 1984.

Indian Army is one of the pioneers of High Altitude warfare in the world but unfortunately our own countrymen are unaware of it.

As for psychologists in Army, this is true that they are the best, in few hours they would tell more things about you than your own parents.

I know because i am SSB out, twice.

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
This remind me of PLA, it created huge propaganda when its troops conducted an exercise in sub zero climate.

Although, Chinese just conducted an exercise whereas Indian Army deployed 24/7 365 days in -50 at altitude more than 15,000 ft since 1984.

Indian Army is one of the pioneers of High Altitude warfare in the world but unfortunately our own countrymen are unaware of it.

As for psychologists in Army, this is true that they are the best, in few hours they would tell more things about you than your own parents.

I know because i am SSB out, twice.
Are you still trying out for SSB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles