Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
In their first mission SSG operatives ended up being Indian POW after being beaten up by Punjabi Villagers who captured them and handed them over to Military.

Paki SSG pow - Look how well built,tall and handsome they are.

View attachment 8389

"It's difficult to see what they could have achieved. What this operation aimed to achieve is difficult to understand."

- IAF Air Chief Marshal P.C.Lal

The Pakistani Army’s special forces were raised as the Special Service Group (SSG) in 1956 using the cadre of 19 (Para) Baloch. This special force was trained in sobotage and disruptive activities behind enemy lines.

On the night of 6th September, around 200 officers and men of the SSG were air-dropped by C-130s near the Indian airbases of Adampur, Pathankot and Halwara on a bold mission to destroy Indian combat aircraft and put the bases out of action. They would then ex-filtrate back to Pakistan, following the numerous rivulets and streams that flow from Punjab back to their home territory.

Pathankot

It was wee hours of the morning when para-troopers landed at Pathankot. The pitch darkness and difficult terrain (it was criss-crossed by canals, streams and the fields were full of water) prevented them from regrouping. Most of them, including their Commander, Major Khalid Butt were arrested by the Police and the Army within the next 2 days.

Adampur

This group too faced the same fate as the Pathankot team - unable to assemble, they tried to hide in the cornfields during the day. However, the farmers formed mobs and captured them, and some were even killed by the Punjabis. Their Commander, Capt Durrani was also taken POW.

Halwara

Some of the men landed within the airfield perimeter itself and were soon rounded up. However the detachment commander, Major Hazur Hasnain, and one of his men managed to get away in a captured Jeep.

It is clear that troops possesed little knowledge of the terrain and were dropped in too large a number to be effective. The final analysis evealed that more than 180 commandos were dropped out of which 136 were taken prisoners, 22 were killed in encounters with the army, police or the civilians and 22-15 managed to escape to Pakistan. Considering the fact that Pathankot is barely 10 miles from the IB, this number is'nt too much of an achievement.

Further Reading

http://vayu-sena.tripod.com/1965-ssg1.html
This post brings back the memories of our stay in Halwara-Ludhiana. My father was posted there in the signal branch in the Hunter-Gnat squadron. He told us how farmers of sugar cane fields helped in capturing most of the paratroopers and sent most of them to house of virgins. He along with his colleagues were surprised to see then Air Chief Marshall volunteering to go on sortie over Sargodha which was a morale booster for our Airmen and officers alike.

After the war over they encountered many cobras in the bunkers and under the sand bags. One of the most interesting story he told which was witnessed by him and his colleagues was about kind of marriage of King cobra parading with a white Cobra sitting on hood of King Cobra and every time a line was drawn this white Cobra would dismount to wipe off the line before proceeding. I wish they had phone cameras in those days.

Now coming back to topic under discussion, I am of the opinion Pakistan Army and politician are still daydreaming about taking control of Kashmir in order to starve India of much needed water. They are just obsessed to take revenge of every defeat handed to them and in the next conflict we should make sure to destroy them completely without mercy.

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
@SADAKHUSH, water is the real reason for Kashmir conflict. Islam is only an excuse.

Your comment is very good and highlight the true intention of Pakistani regime.
Yes... Their thirst can be seen in numerous videos where they cry foul and rant about India preserving water in Kashmir and directing the resources. I don't remember the name of one Paki T.V. personality who says that they will nuke India to get Kashmir and water. Will post the video link later.

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk

Rahul Khanna

Yes in Cactus the actual Assault was done by the Para's. MARCOS was the naval chase team that went after the Mercs. 19 People died. 2 Hostages the rest of them Mercenaries. The Only Indian Casualty was a young para who had an AD and shot himself in the foot.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Chinese Type 54 - Sidearm Recovered from Tiger Hill -itself a copy a Soviet Tokarev TT 33

Either from Major Iqbal or Karnal Sher Khan, 12th NLI

Tiger Hill.jpg

Bornubus

This post brings back the memories of our stay in Halwara-Ludhiana. My father was posted there in the signal branch in the Hunter-Gnat squadron. He told us how farmers of sugar cane fields helped in capturing most of the paratroopers and sent most of them to house of virgins. He along with his colleagues were surprised to see then Air Chief Marshall volunteering to go on sortie over Sargodha which was a morale booster for our Airmen and officers alike.

After the war over they encountered many cobras in the bunkers and under the sand bags. One of the most interesting story he told which was witnessed by him and his colleagues was about kind of marriage of King cobra parading with a white Cobra sitting on hood of King Cobra and every time a line was drawn this white Cobra would dismount to wipe off the line before proceeding. I wish they had phone cameras in those days.

Now coming back to topic under discussion, I am of the opinion Pakistan Army and politician are still daydreaming about taking control of Kashmir in order to starve India of much needed water. They are just obsessed to take revenge of every defeat handed to them and in the next conflict we should make sure to destroy them completely without mercy.
There are choke points and vital bridges,if captured by Paki Armor thrust they could server JK from rest of India.

However they don't have the quantity not quality as we speak.

Although Pakis had Qualitative and Quantitative edge in terms of Arty and Tanks they failed in 1965, their target was Akhnoor Bridge (if i am not wrong) the attack was repulsed by Indian Army.

In 1971 India preemptive their move and captured Skakargarh Bulge in Paki Punjab.

Gen Hanut Singh Rathore was the hero of this battle resulted in 48 paki destroyed tanks along with annexation of their fertile land.

Indira denied him promotion him citing his overly religious nature otherwise he could be COAS

2015_4$largeimg12_Apr_2015_001855860.jpg

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
There are choke points and vital bridges,if captured by Paki Armor thrust they could server JK from rest of India.

However they don't have the quantity not quality as we speak.

Although Pakis had Qualitative and Quantitative edge in terms of Arty and Tanks they failed in 1965, their target was Akhnoor Bridge (if i am not wrong) the attack was repulsed by Indian Army.

In 1971 India preemptive their move and captured Skakargarh Bulge in Paki Punjab.

Gen Hanut Singh Rathore was the hero of this battle resulted in 48 paki destroyed tanks along with annexation of their fertile land.

Indira denied him promotion him citing his overly religious nature otherwise he could be COAS

View attachment 8472
This is Gen Hanut Singh Rathore during the operation :

This is from a PDF which chronicles the story which @Bornubus has mentioned. PDF attached.

Attachments

Bornubus

@SADAKHUSH, water is the real reason for Kashmir conflict. Islam is only an excuse.

Your comment is very good and highlight the true intention of Pakistani regime.
Their internal and especially external policies has always been influenced by Islam and spirit of Ummah.

This has been proved historically,when they betrayed their brothers in Arms in WW 1 during Gallipoli campaign at Turkey and later Indonesia all because of Islam.

That's why you will find paki/ISI footprints or Paki Jihadis fighting wars all over the world, be it Bosnia,Chechenya or Kashmir against kafirs.They would've been active in Arakan - Myanmar helping Rohingya Jihadis if they had good relations with BD and Hasina Govt.

IMO,Islam was and still is the important factor.Water scarcity is recent phenomenon,however Jinnah termed the Kashmir as Pakistan's Jugular veins fully control by India.

Who do you think they are helping in Sri Lanka ? Its Tamil Musalman.All of their donated Aid went to Tamil Musalman not for Tamil Hindus or Christian.

And not only Kashmir but Afghanistan too what they call greater Pakistan.

Afghanistan was a de facto Pakistani province during Taliban (Pashtuns) regime. If it wasn't for US invasion Taliban would've merged Afghanistan officially.

That's why Iran,India,Tajikistan amd possibility Russia supported Northern alliance.

Why do you think Tajikistan gave their Air base to RAW and IAF where a squadron of Mig 29 was stationed.

Last edited:

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
Their internal and especially external policies has always been influenced by Islam and spirit of Ummah.

This has been proved historically,when they betrayed their brothers in Arms in WW 1 during Gallipoli campaign at Turkey and later Indonesia all because of Islam.

That's why you will find paki/ISI footprints or Paki Jihadis fighting wars all over the world, be it Bosnia,Chechenya or Kashmir against kafirs.They would've been active in Arakan - Myanmar helping Rohingya Jihadis if they had good relations with BD and Hasina Govt.

IMO,Islam was and still is the important factor.Water scarcity is recent phenomenon,however Jinnah termed the Kashmir as Pakistan's Jugular veins fully control by India.

Who do you think they are helping in Sri Lanka ? Its Tamil Musalman.All of their donated Aid went to Tamil Musalman not for Tamil Hindus or Christian.

And not only Kashmir but Afghanistan too what they call greater Pakistan.

Afghanistan was a de facto Pakistani province during Taliban (Pashtuns) regime. If it wasn't for US invasion Taliban would've merged Afghanistan officially.

That's why Iran,India,Tajikistan amd possibility Russia supported Northern alliance.

Why do you think Tajikistan gave their Air base to RAW and IAF where a squadron of Mig 29 was stationed.
That's one informative post... Except for the factor that is Islamic ideology and spirit of ummah I'm certainly unaware of the other things. And thanks for clarifying my doubt about the mig29s'. Good post @Bornubus. [emoji106]

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk

Bornubus

Rahul Khanna

Farkhor is an old base. Enough rumors around that when USSF first dropped into Astan they met with RAW operatives imbedded with the NA. Ofcourse the Indian "advisors" left Astan the moment the bombing campaign began.

Bornubus

Farkhor is an old base. Enough rumors around that when USSF first dropped into Astan they met with RAW operatives imbedded with the NA. Ofcourse the Indian "advisors" left Astan the moment the bombing campaign began.
I doubt there are any aircrafts in those airbases otherwise someone must've spotted on Sat images just like Paki tactical nukes near sialkot (allegedly)

However I've read somewhere that it was a filed Hospital for treating NA fighters.

Rahul Khanna

I doubt there are any aircrafts in those airbases otherwise someone must've spotted on Sat images just like Paki tactical nukes near sialkot (allegedly)

However I've read somewhere that it was a filed Hospital for treating NA fighters.
Helos and Hospital and an IAF training Unit. -

Previously Mig-29s have been based there by Russian Pressure they were asked to leave. This base was an FOB for supporting NA in the 90s. After 9/11 India Scaled down its footprint. America was doing our job for us.

aditya g

Country flag
We never based own MIGs in farkhor.

We purchased mi-8s from own funds for northern alliance, and based them there. The ground staff was IAF.

Rahul Khanna

^^ True. Just googled. In 2006 India Actually built hangers to accommodate a squadron of Mig-29s but Russia and China effectively kept us out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles