Jackie Chan Planning to Shoot India-China Co-Production 'Kung-Fu Yoga'

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Jackie Chan Planning to Shoot India-China Co-Production 'Kung-Fu Yoga'

Jackie Chan has revealed he could be heading to India later this year to shoot action comedy Kung-Fu Yoga.

The India-China co-production was first announced in 2014 as a partnership between Viacom18 Motion Pictures India and China's Taihe Entertainment Corp. and Shinework Media, and is slated to reunite Chan with director Stanley Tong following their earlier projects Rumble in the Bronx, Police Story and The Myth.

READ MORE Viacom18 Backs India-China Co-Production Starring Jackie Chan
In an interview with The Hindustan Times newspaper, Chan said, "I am planning to start a new movie called Kung Fu Yoga. So, I will be returning to film it in India. Hopefully, we will start filming in autumn."

Kung-Fu Yoga is considered the first project to emerge from the India-China co-production treaty which was signed last September.

Chan has visited India before and has previously worked with Bollywood actress Mallika Sherawat, who appeared in his 2005 film The Myth. His last visit in 2013 saw him launching a Chinese film festival in New Delhi which opened with Chan's Chinese Zodiac.

Chan's latest actioner Dragon Blade - co-starring John Cusack, Adrien Brody and Lin Peng - released across India over the weekend.

Jackie Chan Planning to Shoot India-China Co-Production 'Kung-Fu Yoga' - Hollywood Reporter

Reactions: Kay

DingDong

Country flag
Re: Jackie Chan Planning to Shoot India-China Co-Production 'Kung-Fu Y

Read this 2-3 years ago. Still planning?

Srinivas_K

Country flag

Read this 2-3 years ago. Still planning?
I think this project will start, more and more interactions will take place between India and China culturally.

Jakie chan has many friends in Indian Cinema.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag

@Neo .... i would prefer more of india-pak films ....as we are similar in culture
it would be more suitable and sell better indeed in both countries

in comparison, - chinese culture is too different from indian

Last edited by a moderator:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag

I think this project will start, more and more interactions will take place between India and China culturally.
Jakie chan has many friends in Indian Cinema.
@Neo .... i would prefer more of india-pak films ....as we are similar in culture
pak culture has a mire turkic and central asian touch whilst indian is more karnatic and partly
an Arabic touch ....all four aspects blend well

in comparison, - chinese culture is too different from indian and the mix ends
up looking an oddity !

Chinese and Indian beliefs has some commonality, Their family values and us also has commonality.
regarding India and Pakistan I think efforts are on to do joint ventures and people from the other side of border are becoming a part of Indian Cinema and vice versa.
Bro, most nations have similar desires for family unity - just that in the west it has gone a bit wild
but among the richer families they too stick together
we could say indian turkish and even saudi arabian have identical family values , not forgetting our
brothers across the partition

politically it would be great to have indo-pak films
it would show that both nations respect each other and have common culture
yet accept the other as a separately administered ..... i suppose ccp-land wouldnt like that
too much ?

Indian and Pakistani movies have nothing in common. All their movies contains some fat uncle beating people with his gandasa and some heavyweight aunty then dance before him and all such movies has 2MP camera quality. Just try this. :lol::lol::toilet:
Boss - hahahaha about the camera quality , but ( and i'll admit it's
a matter of opinion ), the ladies in the film are actually very pretty to me ...the one in black
at the beginning is a wee bit fuller but still ok and the others are pretty nice

yes their plots and production are inferior to indian , so actually their actors (some of them )
can perform in indian productions ( as is already happening )

....we should try to increase that on a conscious, deliberate basis is what i suggest

Srinivas_K

Country flag

Chinese and Indian beliefs has some commonality, Their family values and us also has commonality.

regarding India and Pakistan I think efforts are on to do joint ventures and people from the other side of border are becoming a part of Indian Cinema and vice versa.

Blackwater

r u suuur??? pakis are arab and kharab:p:p:p

Sambha ka Boss

@<a href="http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/member.php?u=32" target="_blank">Neo</a> .... i would prefer more of india-pak films ....as we are similar in culture

Indian and Pakistani movies have nothing in common. All their movies contains some fat uncle beating people with his gandasa and some heavyweight aunty then dance before him and all such movies has 2MP camera quality. Just try this. :lol::lol::toilet:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles