Does Brahmin Bashing really deserve its due?

Hari Sud

Country flag
Brahmins came into the white man's conscious just prior to the 1857 Mutiny (First Indian War of Independence). A huge number of British. Clergy had reached India to convert India into Christain country. It was Brahmin who prevented them, hence their dislike for them. Additional fuel for fire was added by likes of Max Muller, who was hired by British East India company to translate Indian Sanskrit literature into English. He was German by origin but worked for the British East India Company. The idea was to subvert the Indian religion from within. It did not succeed fully. Yes Max Muller did translate Sanskrit literature but became an admirer. His early writings are different from his later life admiration. He became an instructor at Oxford for British Civil Servants who were proceeding to India and his lecture on record admired what he saw in India.

British conscious was spoiled by Muslim intellectuals also. They disliked Brahmin, again they were stumbling block in the complete conversion of India to Muslim for seven hundred years. Brahmin were picked by them for real atrocities. Still they survived and kept the flame of Hinduism burning.

Here even the history was subverted by the British. As the recently arrived clergy were openning schools to train clerks, which were urgently needed, they turned to a Muslim intellectual in 1850 to 1870 in the name of Sir Syed Ahmed Khan. He was a English educated judge and an intellectual, who first the Moghul King Bahadur Shah pampered and then the British liked him and appointed him as judge in Agra. He was given the job of writing history for school text books. He and other Muslim scholars wrote India's history which was to the British liking. Sir Syed ignored the great Indian nation and culture prior to the Muslim conquest. He glorified Muslim rule from 1100AD until the British conquest. That is why Akbar although a callous person is called Akbar the Great. Or blotted out the atrocities of Aurangzeb by calling him a pious man, taxing only to fill the treasury which had been emptied by his builder father. Not a word is said of how he promoted his military generals - by how many temples they destroyed and how many Hindus they converted. Again Brahmin without a sword stood in their way of whole of the nation being converted. That is the history we study even today.

Yes, without Brahmin there would be no Hinduism. He is one bulwark of our culture and heritage. Too bad he did not learn the use of sword.

By the way I am not a Brahmin. I am a Vaisya of trader class.

pkroyal

Under occupation a Nation only produces four kinds / classes of people
Cooks
Clerks
Coolies &
Toadies ( bum suckers)

The rulers from 1191 to 1947 wanted this in India. This was done by tampering with history & cultural records too.
We are a free country now, take your pick, whom you want to blame or malign for your past, present or future woes.
Use your power of discretion !!

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Going by whom the Pakistanis attack the most and other religions who claim to be better than Hinduism one can easily infer from the fact why Brahmins are the target of their onslaught. They are going after the juggernaut of Hinduism and they will keep doing it before the Hinduisms with all its lock stock and barrel succumb to their abuse.

To make my post more balanced I can publish plenty of material that makes the community in question worth the criticism they face for good and bad reasons, but I think they had enough of this.

One has to learn read between the lines and call out where the facts have been taken over by exaggeration and vested interest who have started exploiting the weaknesses to their own benefits to perpetuity and given inroads to external forces to further deepens the fault lines.

Sambha ka Boss

Does Brahmin Bashing really deserve its due? - Sanskriti - Indian Culture

I am not able to paste the content. But its worth reading.

I am not a Brahmin though but i completely agree with the author.
Now Brahmin bashing only serves the purpose of leftist and Hinduphobes. Its not like only Brahmins were in caste base discrimination, every caste has discriminate against the people of lower caste in social hierarchy. Although, its true that there was a discrimination, the Brahmins are the same people who presseved ancient Indian literature and languages from past 5000 years which today makes proud us an Indians and Hindus, the Greeks, Egyptians, Persians all lost their ancient culture but we are still here attached to our ancient roots. Now, with reservation at full implementation and literacy rate going quite high, it is quite retard to even go into Brahminphobia. Brahminphobia only serves the purpose of those who don't want that Brahmins and Dalits dissolve their caste identity for a single Hindu identity.

Sambha ka Boss

Going by whom the Pakistanis attack the most and other religions who claim to be better than Hinduism one can easily infer from the fact why Brahmins are the target of their onslaught. They are going after the juggernaut of Hinduism and they will keep doing it before the Hinduisms with all its lock stock and barrel succumb to their abuse.

To make my post more balanced I can publish plenty of material that makes the community in question worth the criticism they face for good and bad reasons, but I think they had enough of this.

One has to learn read between the lines and call out where the facts have been taken over by exaggeration and vested interest who have started exploiting the weaknesses to their own benefits to perpetuity and given inroads to external forces to further deepens the fault lines.
Aryan invasion theory was invented by Brits and supported by Marxists to give a perception that it was too foreign invader's religion. If you criticize Arab or Turkish invasion of India, you will find people automatically dragging the fairy tales how Aryans led on onslaught on Dravidian people and Hinduism is an invader's religion.

warrior monk

An excerpt from what Gandhi had to say about Brahmins .

" Do you think you will gain anything by becoming non-Hindus, he told them, do not think you will gain anything by abusing, Brahmins or burning their homes. "Who were Tilak, Gokhale, Ranade and Agarkar?" he asked them. They were Brahmins, they were in the forefront of every nationalist struggle, they served the cause of non-Brahmins at the greatest cost to themselves, it is in many cases through the work of Brahmins that the non-Brahmins have been made aware of their rights, he told them. It is the Brahmins who exert for the uplift of the depressed classes, more than anybody else. Lokmanya Tilak is revered by all classes for his services to the country. The late Mr. Gokhale, Mr. Ranade and the Hon'ble Mr. Sastri have all done splendid work for the regeneration of the backward classes. You complain of the Brahmin bureaucracy. But let us compare it with the British bureaucracy. The latter follow the 'divide and rule policy' and maintains its authority by the power of the sword, whereas, the Brahmins have never restored to the force of arms and they have established their superiority by sheer force of their intellect, self-sacrifice, and penance. I appeal to my non-Brahmins brethren not to hate the Brahmin and not to be victims of the snares of the bureaucracy"¦"

source: The Collected Works of Mahatma Gandhi.

Bye the way I'm not a Brahmin.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Brahmins came into the white man's conscious just prior to the 1857 Mutiny (First Indian War of Independence). A huge number of British. Clergy had reached India to convert India into Christain country. It was Brahmin who prevented them, hence their dislike for them. Additional fuel for fire was added by likes of Max Muller, who was hired by British East India company to translate Indian Sanskrit literature into English. He was German by origin but worked for the British East India Company. The idea was to subvert the Indian religion from within. It did not succeed fully. Yes Max Muller did translate Sanskrit literature but became an admirer. His early writings are different from his later life admiration. He became an instructor at Oxford for British Civil Servants who were proceeding to India and his lecture on record admired what he saw in India.

British conscious was spoiled by Muslim intellectuals also. They disliked Brahmin, again they were stumbling block in the complete conversion of India to Muslim for seven hundred years. Brahmin were picked by them for real atrocities. Still they survived and kept the flame of Hinduism burning.

Here even the history was subverted by the British. As the recently arrived clergy were openning schools to train clerks, which were urgently needed, they turned to a Muslim intellectual in 1850 to 1870 in the name of Sir Syed Ahmed Khan. He was a English educated judge and an intellectual, who first the Moghul King Bahadur Shah pampered and then the British liked him and appointed him as judge in Agra. He was given the job of writing history for school text books. He and other Muslim scholars wrote India's history which was to the British liking. Sir Syed ignored the great Indian nation and culture prior to the Muslim conquest. He glorified Muslim rule from 1100AD until the British conquest. That is why Akbar although a callous person is called Akbar the Great. Or blotted out the atrocities of Aurangzeb by calling him a pious man, taxing only to fill the treasury which had been emptied by his builder father. Not a word is said of how he promoted his military generals - by how many temples they destroyed and how many Hindus they converted. Again Brahmin without a sword stood in their way of whole of the nation being converted. That is the history we study even today.

Yes, without Brahmin there would be no Hinduism. He is one bulwark of our culture and heritage. Too bad he did not learn the use of sword.

By the way I am not a Brahmin. I am a Vaisya of trader class.
I agree, Brahmins were a road block for Jihadis and Crusaders in converting India into some Abrahmical shythole! No doubt all islamic invasions and persecution were first directed towards Brahmins who were considered custodians of the faith in India. Hence, centuries of persecutions. Then came Brit missionaries with same anti-Brahmin rhetoric to weaken the Hindu society, after that we all know what the leftists / commies have been doing since Nehru's times!

Adux

Country flag
Yes it does. To be honest not enough has been said about their past atrocities, and also Indian upper caste and their shenanigans with Islamic invaders and Brits

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Yes it does. To be honest not enough has been said about their past atrocities, and also Indian upper caste and their shenanigans with Islamic invaders and Brits
Yup ... Tilak taraju aur talwar ... inko maaro joote chaar :cool:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
I am a Brahmin, nominally, but I must say that Brahmins have done a lot of bad things in the past. The oppression of the Dalit people cannot be forgotten easily. Add to that reinforcing lots of superstitious stuff, rituals, oppression of women, etc. So it's not as if Brahmins' hands are clean.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Anyway continue.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
I am a Brahmin, nominally, but I must say that Brahmins have done a lot of bad things in the past. The oppression of the Dalit people cannot be forgotten easily. Add to that reinforcing lots of superstitious stuff, rituals, oppression of women, etc. So it's not as if Brahmins' hands are clean.
:toilet:

move to zombie Carpenter cult :lol:

Or pedophile cult. :lol:

Last edited:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Liar. You are a Muslim. And worse, a Paki sympathizer.

LalTopi

I agree, Brahmins were a road block for Jihadis and Crusaders in converting India into some Abrahmical shythole! No doubt all islamic invasions and persecution were first directed towards Brahmins who were considered custodians of the faith in India. Hence, centuries of persecutions. Then came Brit missionaries with same anti-Brahmin rhetoric to weaken the Hindu society, after that we all know what the leftists / commies have been doing since Nehru's times!
What road block did Brahmin men construct at Haldighati? What sacrifice did Brahminis make at Chittuagarh? I went to both places recently, maybe I missed it, but I did not see any evidence of Brahmin contribution to the survival of Hinduism.

By the way, I am not anti-Brahmin. I admire them for what they did, I.e. memorise and pass down the Vedas and other sacred texts. But please do not put Brahmins on a pedestal. When it came to the crunch moment when they should have united ALL Hindu people against the invaders, they retreated into their own caste comfort zones and failed our people and our faith miserably.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
What road block did Brahmin men construct at Haldighati? What sacrifice did Brahminis make at Chittuagarh? I went to both places recently, maybe I missed it, but I did not see any evidence of Brahmin contribution to the survival of Hinduism.

By the way, I am not anti-Brahmin. I admire them for what they did, I.e. memorise and pass down the Vedas and other sacred texts. But please do not put Brahmins on a pedestal. When it came to the crunch moment when they should have united ALL Hindu people against the invaders, they retreated into their own caste comfort zones and failed our people and our faith miserably.
Are you named mohammed or peter..... if not then be happy because a lot of countries don't have that privilege .. e.g. Iran.

LalTopi

Are you named mohammed or peter..... if not then be happy because a lot of countries don't have that privilege .. e.g. Iran.
No I have a Hindu name... and if you like I will try to be happy that Iran does not have the privilege of being named Mohammed or Peter.

Now how about answering my two specific questions?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles