Genetic evidence suggests the origins of Indian caste populations

Manas7

Sir,

Don't get upset. If it makes you happy, you can disparage on my self, or community or family.
I am talking about KoBras, and specifically those who look European.
Obviously there are Portuguese influence in Goan region and some hindus including brahmins perhaps got mixed with the Portuguese , but you have to understand they would have had to relegate their religion and caste after getting mixed with the Portuguese .

Your assumption will have some substance only if we consider the wholly corny idea that those fair and light eyed Konkan Brahmins are actually bastards of the Portuguese. Impossible.

pmaitra

During fermentation the lactose gets converted making it easier to digest.
You are right. It is easy to digest, and also, I guess that is a requirement or beneficial in a predominantly hot climate.

parijataka

Country flag
@Singh - 5-600 years ago caste boundaries were pretty much hard. No Brahmin could marry/fornicate with mlechchas and get away with it. Good luck with your hare brained hypothesis!

Last edited by a moderator:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
@Singh - 5-600 years ago caste boundaries were pretty much hard. No Brahmin could marry/fornicate with mlechchas and get away with it.
From Maharashtra itself:

The upper caste group, Brahmin, is genetically distinct from the middle and lower caste groups. However, in view of the highest frequency of haplogroup M among the Brahmin, it appears that there may have been recruitment from other populations into this group.
Mitochondrial DNA variation in ranked c... [Ann Hum Biol. 2003 Jul-Aug] - PubMed - NCBI

Good luck with your hare brained hypothesis!
Its not as though I am fishing for a medal. I would be happy to change it or discard it or be proved wrong.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Obviously there are Portuguese influence in Goan region and some hindus including brahmins perhaps got mixed with the Portuguese , but you have to understand they would have had to relegate their religion and caste after getting mixed with the Portuguese .

Your assumption will have some substance only if we consider the wholly corny idea that those fair and light eyed Konkan Brahmins are actually bastards of the Portuguese. Impossible.
Okay, lets assume that they had no intermixing with the Portugese.
Atleast you will concede that they have foreign ancestry ? How else would you explain those features ?

Iamanidiot

@Singh - 5-600 years ago caste boundaries were pretty much hard. No Brahmin could marry/fornicate with mlechchas and get away with it. Good luck with your hare brained hypothesis!
You sure of it ?Ancient History is full of ccount of Yavanas marrying Brahmins and all sultry stuff.Even if Indian accounts do not mention the greek accounts mention it such peripelus of the eritrean sea etc,etc

You are thinking too much about the bious purity of brahmins PArijataka which is no way completely true in history

pmaitra

Fornication is the world's oldest sport, an the most desired action among humans. Both sexes desire it so much, that they would, with deliberate connivance, find a recourse and resort away from the prying eyes of the pallbearers of societal norms.

parijataka

Country flag
From Maharashtra itself:

The upper caste group, Brahmin, is genetically distinct from the middle and lower caste groups. However, in view of the highest frequency of haplogroup M among the Brahmin, it appears that there may have been recruitment from other populations into this group.
Mitochondrial DNA variation in ranked c... [Ann Hum Biol. 2003 Jul-Aug] - PubMed - NCBI

Its not as though I am fishing for a medal. I would be happy to change it or discard it or be proved wrong.
OK ji.

a) Are we talking about Goa or Maharashtra here (Portuguese were in Goa)

b) There are no KoBra's in Goa AFAIK.

Goa has Gowd Saraswat and Saraswat Brahmins who trace their origins to banks of river Saraswati and then via Bengal, nothing to do with Afghanistan or Portugal.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Does any of this have implications for the armed forces of India, e.g, would a particular group have greater loyalty to their own people than to the country?

parijataka

Country flag
You sure of it ?Ancient History is full of ccount of Yavanas marrying Brahmins and all sultry stuff.Even if Indian accounts do not mention the greek accounts mention it such peripelus of the eritrean sea etc,etc

You are thinking too much about the bious purity of brahmins PArijataka which is no way completely true in history
I am talking about 5-600 years ago when caste boundaries were hard bound. Even Ravana had a Brahmin mother and Rakhasa father in mythology.

Last edited:

pmaitra

I am talking about 5-600 years ago when caste boundaries were hard bound. Even Ravana had a Brahmin mother and Rakhasa father.
Actually, it is the other way around.

Also, Ravana was descended from Brahma from his paternal side. :p

Iamanidiot

I am talking about 5-600 years ago when caste boundaries were hard bound. Even Ravana had a Brahmin mother and Rakhasa father.
What you said was not the case in Goa it was an exception .Even in South India we have the Marmukattayam system in Kerala glorified prostituion if you ask me.In Tn you have the old dravidian joke no need for me to elaborate on it

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Soime Brahmins don't celebrate Dusshera because it celebrates the killing of a Brahmin.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
OK ji.

a) Are we talking about Goa or Maharashtra here (Portuguese were in Goa)

b) There are no KoBra's in Goa AFAIK.

Goa has Gowd Saraswat and Saraswat Brahmins who trace their origins to banks of river Saraswati and then via Bengal, nothing to do with Afghanistan or Portugal.
I am talking about those folks in West India who look like Europeans.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Does any of this have implications for the armed forces of India, e.g, would a particular group have greater loyalty to their own people than to the country?
I don't know about that, but if it turns out that there are massive genetic variations then it has the potential of destroying the caste system.

pmaitra

On a different tangent. Brahma, Indra etc. are positions/titles, and not actual individuals, am I right?
Indra is a post, yes, and different people became Indra at different time points, but for Brahma, I will have to check.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles