Indian Defence Forum -
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Kerala Church to launch state-wide campaign for big families!!

Liked
    203 times
    India

Kerala Church to launch state-wide campaign for big families!!

ttp://in.christiantoday.com/articles/kerala-church-to-launch-state-wide-campaign-for-big-families/6731.htm

In a bid to encourage large families, the Catholic Church in Kerala will be launching a state-wide campaign that will also offer cash reward to families with more than three children.

The 'Jeevasmridhi 2011' campaign will be launched on Children's Day, Nov. 14, by Archbishop George Alancherry of the Syro-Malabar Church in Kochi.

The move has come close on the heels of a proposal imposing a two-child policy by the Commission headed by Justice V R Krishna Iyer.

The campaign in the next five months aims to offer rewards to at least 5,000 families who have more than three children.

Jose Kottayil, secretary of the Family Commission, told media that the church has formed two categories to felicitate couples.

One of the categories is for couples who had been married for four decades and who had five children. The other is for those who married after 1990 and have four children.

Promoted by the Family Commission of the Kerala Catholic Bishops’ Council (KCBC), the campaign is being launched under the slogan "Big Family, Happy Family”.

Stating that nuclear families were not happy families, Bishop Mathew Anikkuzhikkattil, chairman of the Family Commission said children should be treated as an asset to the family and society. Couples should not be ashamed of having more than one child, he said.

Census statistics show that the number of Christians in Kerala has been in steady decline. BBC reported that unofficial estimates say they could slip below 18% of Kerala's population in the latest census.

Although many pro-life initiatives were launched in the past by the Catholic Church, it was the recent recommendations of Justice Iyer Commission that forced the Church to intensify its campaign.

In fact, the Wayanad Diocese of the Church had started to give cash incentives to fifth child of any Christian family in August.

The V R Krishna Iyer Commission for the Rights and Welfare of Children and Women set up by Kerala government had recently in its report suggested restriction of entitlement to state grants to only those who adopt the two-child norm.

One of the proposals in the draft of the Kerala Women’s Code Bill calls for punishing the family that has more than two children by a fine of Rs 10,000 or three months in jail. Another possible clause would bar religious and political organisations from discouraging family planning.

The Kerala Catholic Bishop’s Council (KCBC) has called the draft “anti-democratic and an infringement on the parental rights of the people.”

Meanwhile, the Kerala law minister, KM Mani, this week rejected the recommendation of the Justice Iyer Commission and said the proposals could not be accepted in a democratic country like India.

Ours is not a dictatorial system. We cannot impose small family norm by means of legislation, he said while speaking at a function organised by Kerala Congress (M) party.

› See More: Kerala Church to launch state-wide campaign for big families!!
    Param likes this.

Liked
    3590 times
    India
    Favorable demographics = more political power, it's a no brainer
    maomao likes this.

Liked
    2655 times
    India
    Yeah, more population is something our nation and this world really needs right now!!!
    What would Modi do?

Liked
    203 times
    India
    Yaa ,why harvest souls outside when you can actually breed them inhouse ??
    Last edited by Manas7; 21-11-11 at 07:28 PM.
    maomao and Agnostic_Indian like this.

Ray
    Liked
    20007 times
    India
    The Kerela Church wants to increase the population because of this:

Check the video out.

The Europeans because they are indifferent or shying away from procreation would prefer a labour force which is Christian rather than be swamped by the Muslim.

As it is it should not surprise anyone from seeing Christian nuns, mostly from Kerala, working hard in the Churches of Europe! Very few Europeans are becoming monks, nuns or padres.

Souls have to be harvested because the Europeans are not acting very virile in increasing the population.

They new theory is DINK.

Earn well, enjoy life and have no responsibilities to tie you down or spend your wealth on!!
    Last edited by Ray; 21-11-11 at 07:31 PM.
    maomao likes this.
    521707 386141578096536 1414399079 n
    I am a common man. but I will stir the smooth sands of status quoism, monotony & apathy.

Stars and Ambassadors
    Liked
    3565 times
    India
    WTF? This is the second time I am hearing of this. Someone arrest this idiot Archbishop and a few of his mates. Is there any law under which this can be done? Or is the nation doomed to hearing these arseholes spout such bullshit with hands tied?
    maomao likes this.

Stars and Ambassadors
    Liked
    3565 times
    India
    And someone enlighten me, is this finding much airtime on the mainstream media? I haven't been getting time to watch the mainstream news channels, so I am just wondering whether the channels are really bothered about this issue. To me, this can become rather serious if it isn't nipped in the bud.

Ray
    Liked
    20007 times
    India
    One cannot nip this in the bud since there is no legality being breached.

Instead, if one agitates over this or resorts to violence, then legal provisions of the country will be breached, namely one, inciting religious hatred and two, breach of peace!
    I am a common man. but I will stir the smooth sands of status quoism, monotony & apathy.

Liked
    2655 times
    India
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    One cannot nip this in the bud since there is no legality being breached.
    If we adopt population control as a state policy, then?
    What would Modi do?

Ray
    Liked
    20007 times
    India
    Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    True that would be the answer.

But there are enough of West aping human rights Pollyannas to go berserk and the Govt will not even think of upsetting any community or religion since they are the lifeline of their existence - votes!
    maomao and Dovah like this.

Liked
    203 times
    India
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalorean View Post
    And someone enlighten me, is this finding much airtime on the mainstream media? I haven't been getting time to watch the mainstream news channels, so I am just wondering whether the channels are really bothered about this issue. To me, this can become rather serious if it isn't nipped in the bud.
    Church prefers to spread this sort of advice by word of mouth or dedicated media like christiantoday .
    The idea is too delicate for both the church and mainstreams media funded it to hazard greater attention at this stage. .

Liked
    3590 times
    India
    It'll be derided as anti minority and anti secular
    Mr.Ryu likes this.

Liked
    2655 times
    India
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerBaba View Post
    It'll be derided as anti minority and anti secular
    Well, the law would be applicable to each community, how is it anti anything?
    What would Modi do?

Liked
    3590 times
    India
    Well, the law would be applicable to each community, how is it anti anything?
    Anything that can has a negative impact on Congress's electoral performance will be circlejerked as anti minority. Take this for example:

Magsaysay award winner Roy said, "The UID is a dangerous thing. I'm shocked minorities and other communities are not boycotting it."

Liked
    2655 times
    India
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerBaba View Post
    Anything that can has a negative impact on Congress's electoral performance will be circlejerked as anti minority. Take this for example:

Magsaysay award winner Roy said, "The UID is a dangerous thing. I'm shocked minorities and other communities are not boycotting it."
    i am scared for my country.
    What would Modi do?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information