Indian Defence Forum -
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Metro, mono & high-speed rail in Bangalore City Soon.

Liked
    5204 times
    Wales

Metro, mono & high-speed rail in Bangalore City Soon.

Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa on Tuesday declared that Bangalore will have the metro train, monorail, and high-speed train connectivity to Bangalore International Airport in the next three years.

The three projects would be ready before his government completes its term, as a city of international repute such as Bangalore should have good public transport, he told the Legislative Assembly.

Replying to a question from K J George (Cong), Yeddyurappa said the detailed project report on the monorail, which willl have a 40-km network in the first phase, will be ready by July-end. Tenders would be invited in September and the work will begin in January.

“If the members (MLAs) co-operate, then the work on the monorail will begin in January next. We want to take all three work on a priority basis”, he added. When Dinesh Gundurao (Cong) suggested that metro train connectivity be given to the airport instead of going in for the high-speed connectivity from MG Road to the airport, the chief minister said his government was firm on going ahead with high-speed rail link project as it has been planned after studying all the aspects.

George requested Yeddyurappa to extend the proposed monorail line from Hebbal to Byappanahalli as that would help 10 lakh to 15 lakh commuters. The chief minister said it would be considered only after completing the first 40 kilometres. As Bangalore requires both the mono and the metro, work on the monorail will be taken up in a phased manner.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...peed-rail.html

› See More: Metro, mono & high-speed rail in Bangalore City Soon.
    [COLOR="red"][B]"She (India) has left indelible imprints on one fourth of the human race in the course of a long succession of centuries. She has the right to reclaim ... her place amongst the great nations summarizing and symbolizing the spirit of humanity. From Persia to the Chinese sea, from the icy regions of Siberia to Islands of Java and Borneo, India has propagated her beliefs, her tales, and her civilization!"
    Sylvia Levi[/B][/COLOR]

Liked
    9855 times
    India
    What i fail to understand is why the insistence on the High speed rail link and not extend the metro to the the new airport. Doing that would provide metro connectivity to the areas in the path. A high speed airport specific train would be costly to build and also the fares would be high. A metro can rationalize the fare as it can carry more passengers. I think a major scandal is brewing up as the high speed rail project is worth 6000 Cr.
    I am from the North East, I am from the North, I am from the West, I am from the South, I am from the East. I am a Hindu, I am a Muslim, I am a Christian, I am a Sikh. I am an INDIAN

www.facebook.com/defenceforumindia
    Twitter: @YusufDFI
    www.sarvatravijay.wordpress.com

Liked
    1075 times
    India
    Can't the same rail be used for normal traffic?

Liked
    611 times
    India
    Quote Originally Posted by Yusuf View Post
    What i fail to understand is why the insistence on the High speed rail link and not extend the metro to the the new airport. Doing that would provide metro connectivity to the areas in the path. A high speed airport specific train would be costly to build and also the fares would be high. A metro can rationalize the fare as it can carry more passengers. I think a major scandal is brewing up as the high speed rail project is worth 6000 Cr.
    As of now it will be economically not viable to extend metro to international airport. Moreover they should try to concentrate on reducing traffic within the city . Once metro covers entire city they can extend it ti airport.
    क्षमा शोभती उस भुजंग को जिसके पास गरल हो
    उसको क्या जो दंतहीन, विषहीन, विनीत, सरल हो

The mercy & forgiveness can be bestowed by everyone
    But the glory resides only for the snake with the venom,
    What value is the mercy of the soft & kind,
    Like the snake who lost his poison, and its teeth been grind.

Rank 4 General
    Liked
    1332 times
    India
    Yes, correct. There are no positive points in those unnecessary projects. If Yeddurappa thinks by building Mono rail and High speed trains he would convert Bangalore into Shanghai, he is so wrong. Most of central Bangalore is unplanned and in a mess. Traffic is always chaotic, now imagine major roads closed for those projects. Metro itself is moving at a snail's pace, they should finish it first. Also metro should connect each and every part of Bangalore. For reference, the Tube is London's lifeline, connects every place, it is the fastest means of travel and is very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by nitesh View Post
    Can't the same rail be used for normal traffic?
    Yes it can, but the fares would be high. Plus the points I have raised. This is nothing but the ceremonial opening & awarding of corruption deals.
    Last edited by Oracle; 07-07-10 at 01:46 PM.

Liked
    1075 times
    India
    No Oracle I think metro is moving ahead at decent pace. There are some slippages but mostly due to unnecessary court cases.

Liked
    3549 times
    India
    6 more months to finish half of phase 1 and then a million to finish phase 2. Then they are talking about 2 more rail projects. Wow. I can't wait for my city to be thrown into all that dust and muck. I always shudder at the thought of going towards the central business district and now it will only get worse..

Liked
    9855 times
    India
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Yes, correct. There are no positive points in those unnecessary projects. If Yeddurappa thinks by building Mono rail and High speed trains he would convert Bangalore into Shanghai, he is so wrong. Most of central Bangalore is unplanned and in a mess. Traffic is always chaotic, now imagine major roads closed for those projects. Metro itself is moving at a snail's pace, they should finish it first. Also metro should connect each and every part of Bangalore. For reference, the Tube is London's lifeline, connects every place, it is the fastest means of travel and is very useful.

Yes it can, but the fares would be high. Plus the points I have raised. This is nothing but the ceremonial opening & awarding of corruption deals.
    Metro work is moving at a very good pace and there is no doubt in that. A station on Reach 4 is right in front of my house and I can see how fast the work is going on. And yes i only know what hardship I am facing everyday for the last 8 months since work started here.

Yes we need projects that can decongest the horrible traffic here but then it has to be planned well. Look at the flyover at national college. It was made at the behest of a local MLA. It is the most under utilized flyover and also it took a heavy toll on the environment there as many trees were cut. The residents were up in arms but still nothing happened and the flyover was made. Whats more, it stands right in the way of the metro and the citizens around that area who stand to lose their property, AGAIN in that area are and they are asking the questions.

Also to reach the kind of network as the tube will take years. Already work on phase II of the project is underway which will increase the total coverage from 43 kms in Ph I to about 80kms. But it will happen in phases and ultimately even reach right up to Tumkur.

NITESH,

No the high speed rail link cannot be used to commute other passengers in the areas through which it runs. The system will be such that it will start at M.G Road where the passengers will be able to check in and go straight to the gate. The train will not stop anywhere and will take 20-25 mins to reach the airport.
    I am from the North East, I am from the North, I am from the West, I am from the South, I am from the East. I am a Hindu, I am a Muslim, I am a Christian, I am a Sikh. I am an INDIAN

Liked
    1629 times
    i do not understand logic of having all type of transport system in a city i mean either u should have monorail or high speed rail/metro. whats use of all three . just to show look we have all forms of transport and our city is of internationals . if one wants to makes his city internationals standard then there must be proper civil administration. look at Mumbai they too are doing same stupidity having both metro and mono-rail plus there is planning going on how to implement BRTS when there is no place for it on road . i do not how they make plan for traffic management. i think there is something fishy there i.e having all metro, monorail etc etc.someone must be getting rich by suggesting/approving all these project. i do n`t there is any city in world having all or combination of any one of these metro,monorail, high speed train/light weight train/brts(i cannot say about china they might have it). every major city has unique mode of transport speed which connects all the major part of city.i think people of Delhi have been luckier in this respect. also why Indian policy makers never try for Indian product i mean there was a light weight bus system by konkan railway .it can used instead of monorail/lightweight train.it had indian private firm as well as a partner. but it is still stuck at at railway ministries.
    Indian babu would never support an Indian product:angry_10::angry_10::angry_10::angry_10:
    Last edited by anoop_mig25; 07-07-10 at 03:05 PM.

Liked
    5204 times
    Wales
    Metro and Flyover in Banglore by 2020

hebbalflyoverbangalore

Hebbal Flyover, Bangalore
    sandeepdg likes this.
    [COLOR="red"][B]"She (India) has left indelible imprints on one fourth of the human race in the course of a long succession of centuries. She has the right to reclaim ... her place amongst the great nations summarizing and symbolizing the spirit of humanity. From Persia to the Chinese sea, from the icy regions of Siberia to Islands of Java and Borneo, India has propagated her beliefs, her tales, and her civilization!"
    Sylvia Levi[/B][/COLOR]

Liked
    9855 times
    India
    Brahmos, that looks awesome and i am sure it will remain in pictures only.

Ok those saying that we should not have the metro and mono rail together, they are complimentary. A mono rail works as a feeder to the metro. Mono rail is cheaper to build than metro but its capacity is less. So mono rail connects sparsely populated areas that have to be connected with the rest of the city. So a mono rail will stop at a metro station for the passengers to switch over. Running a metro in those areas would be expensive because of smaller traffic.

Coming back to the Bangalore Metro, here is route map. maphtml

The area going towards the airport is not connected by metro yet. If it is planned to connect the airport via metro, it will save costs for future expansion of metro on this line. It is an up coming area and will require connectivity in the form of metro. There will be duplication of systems which will only mean that the state govt has wasted money. A metro line sanctioned now will take of present and future needs.

Liked
    9855 times
    India
    http://bmrc.co.in/map.html here is the link to the map..its not coming up in my previous post.

Liked
    1629 times
    Brahmos, that looks awesome and i am sure it will remain in pictures only.

Ok those saying that we should not have the metro and mono rail together, they are complimentary. A mono rail works as a feeder to the metro. Mono rail is cheaper to build than metro but its capacity is less. So mono rail connects sparsely populated areas that have to be connected with the rest of the city. So a mono rail will stop at a metro station for the passengers to switch over. Running a metro in those areas would be expensive because of smaller traffic.

Coming back to the Bangalore Metro, here is route map. maphtml

The area going towards the airport is not connected by metro yet. If it is planned to connect the airport via metro, it will save costs for future expansion of metro on this line. It is an up coming area and will require connectivity in the form of metro. There will be duplication of systems which will only mean that the state govt has wasted money. A metro line sanctioned now will take of present and future needs.
    i do not know about Bangalore but in Mumbai monorail and metro are not going to meet anywhere except a place called chembur where we already have our lifeline ie. trains running there

Liked
    9855 times
    India
    Quote Originally Posted by anoop_mig25 View Post
    i do not know about Bangalore but in Mumbai monorail and metro are not going to meet anywhere except a place called chembur where we already have our lifeline ie. trains running there
    And the trains are inadequate. Mumbai is bursting at its seems. No amount of infra projects there can solve its traffic woes it looks like.

Liked
    3549 times
    India
    Quote Originally Posted by anoop_mig25 View Post
    Bangalore is a circular city, Mumbai is a straight line. So, the needs will be different. Our Public transportation sucks compared to Mumbai.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information