Bat mistaken for gun, Pakistani dubbed terrorist, faces deportation

Voldemort

Country flag

A Pakistani family has lost their right to stay in Belgium after their son was identified as a 'terrorist' for carrying his cricket bat on public transport, The Telegraph reported on Tuesday.

Assim Abassi, 22, was carrying his covered bat while travelling in public transport to a cricket practice session when his photo was taken by the authorities. The police later circulated the photo, generating a terror scare against the backdrop of an attack on the Jewish museum in Brussels earlier this year.

Abbasi was showcased as a terrorist armed with a weapon in newspapers with headlines warning of an "anti-Semitic killer" on the loose in Brussels. He contacted the law enforcers to clarify that he was only carrying his bat and not an assault rifle.

"I wrapped my bat in my sweatshirt because it was raining and if it is wet I can't play the ball properly," he said.

In a more surprising move, Pakistan's embassy in Brussels sacked Assim's father after claiming that he had damaged Pakistan's reputation. Assim's father was reportedly a career diplomat and was working for the embassy.

The family of seven subsequently lost their right to stay in the European country following the dissociation from the embassy.

"We got a call from the embassy saying give us your passports," Assim Abbasi was quoted as saying in the report.

"We've lost the privilege of living in Belgium. I've lost my education. I've lost everything."

According to the report, the Pakistani embassy refused to comment when contacted.

Pakistani family faces Belgium deportation over cricket bat, gun mix-up - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Re: Bat mistaken for gun, Pakistani dubbed terrorist, faces deportatio

Well, being Pakistani ought to be enough grounds for suspicion in the first place.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod

And how dawn dot com came to conclusion that it was a bat not gun or vice vesa in the first place ?

sorcerer

Country flag

Pakistan has a reputation far beyond expectations.
Karma is biach having a bad hair day!!!

thethinker

Country flag

Belgium authorities must have taken a cue from Paki cricketer's behaviour elsewhere:

Play cricket

Get close to other players and try to convert them

Ahmed Shahzad take a bow!

sorcerer

Country flag

In a more surprising move, Pakistan's embassy in Brussels sacked Assim's father after claiming that he had damaged Pakistan's reputation. Assim's father was reportedly a career diplomat and was working for the embassy.
WTH? Carrying a bat damaged Pakistan's reputation...
Ohh..I get it...He should have carried a real A.K 47 to uphold Pakistan's reputation. :lol:

That was Stupid move on part of Pak Embassy. They should have stood with the truth that is the guys innocence(if he is!!) which would have portrayed a different picture. Now the action of the guy is really in question!!!!..Very mature Pak embassy...Very mature...
:lol:

Blackwater

A Pakistani family has lost their right to stay in Belgium after their son was identified as a 'terrorist' for carrying his cricket bat on public transport, The Telegraph reported on Tuesday.

Assim Abassi, 22, was carrying his covered bat while travelling in public transport to a cricket practice session when his photo was taken by the authorities. The police later circulated the photo, generating a terror scare against the backdrop of an attack on the Jewish museum in Brussels earlier this year.

Abbasi was showcased as a terrorist armed with a weapon in newspapers with headlines warning of an "anti-Semitic killer" on the loose in Brussels. He contacted the law enforcers to clarify that he was only carrying his bat and not an assault rifle.

"I wrapped my bat in my sweatshirt because it was raining and if it is wet I can't play the ball properly," he said.

The family of seven subsequently lost their right to stay in the European country following the dissociation from the embassy.

"We got a call from the embassy saying give us your passports," Assim Abbasi was quoted as saying in the report.

"We've lost the privilege of living in Belgium. I've lost my education. I've lost everything."

According to the report, the Pakistani embassy refused to comment when contacted.

Pakistani family faces Belgium deportation over cricket bat, gun mix-up - Pakistan - DAWN.COM
Belgium authorities must have taken a cue from Paki cricketer's behaviour elsewhere:

Play cricket

Get close to other players and try to convert them

Ahmed Shahzad take a bow!
good decision by Belgium,these paki mind can change anytime. paki blood is jihadi blood. better safe than sorry.

anyhow above pics of ahmed shezad says all

anupamsurey

Country flag

WTH? Carrying a bat damaged Pakistan's reputation...
Ohh..I get it...He should have carried a real A.K 47 to uphold Pakistan's reputation. :lol:

That was Stupid move on part of Pak Embassy. They should have stood with the truth that is the guys innocence(if he is!!) which would have portrayed a different picture. Now the action of the guy is really in question!!!!..Very mature Pak embassy...Very mature...
:lol:
dont know, may be the paki embassy is so suspicious of its employees carrying guns, drugs, etc:cool2:....they thought it might be a real case....anyways being a paki is enough to get kicked out now a days.:thumb:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

Today Paki means Terrorist and Terrort means a Paki.

These TURDS are living posing as Indians.

All countries should kick out Pakis back to the gutter they belong to.

See whats happening to UK today where British white women are breeded by dirty middle aged pakis and British men can't even do anything other than terming them as "Asian Men".

Kshatriya87

Country flag

Well, what a strong government they have, the Pakistanis. Instead of scolding Belgium, they spank their own and their families. Its almost like, they deserve to be bullied.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles