Diwali in Pakistan, through pictures

Neo

Diwali in Pakistan, through pictures

By Huma Choudhary Published: October 25, 2014

The Hindu community, though a very small minority, constitute an integral part of the cultural and ethnic diversity of Pakistan. PHOTO: MYRA IQBAL/EXPRESS

The first day of Diwali – the Hindu festival of lights –-was celebrated at Krishna temple in Rawalpindi yesterday.

As a budding photojournalist and having many friends who belong to minority sects, I feel passionately about the state of affairs of the Pakistani minorities. I was, therefore, thrilled to be part of the annual-Diwali celebrations-for the first time.

The warm, friendly and hospitable atmosphere at the temple made my stay extremely exciting and I thoroughly enjoyed covering this-colourful celebration.-Here are a few highlights of my unique experience:

Neo

Men exchange greetings at the temple's entrance.

Neo

A teenage girl performs 'arti'-before Lord Krishna.

Neo

Hindu Pundit blows a conch shell for blessings during 'pooja'.

Neo

The Hindu community, though a very small minority, constitute an integral part of the cultural and-ethnic diversity-of Pakistan. They are as much a part of Pakistan as the rest of us and understanding their occasions is something we should all strive to do.

Wishing everyone around the globe a very happy-Diwali-and hoping that Pakistan keeps growing as a tolerant, peace-loving and inclusive nation.

Diwali in Pakistan, through pictures – The Express Tribune Blog

Neo

The Hindu community, though a very small minority, constitute an integral part of the cultural and-ethnic diversity-of Pakistan. They are as much a part of Pakistan as the rest of us and understanding their occasions is something we should all strive to do.

Wishing everyone around the globe a very happy-Diwali-and hoping that Pakistan keeps growing as a tolerant, peace-loving and inclusive nation.

Diwali in Pakistan, through pictures – The Express Tribune Blog

Welcome

Country flag
Strange ? they are still alive............. not killed for celebrating own festival in pakistan.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles