Pakistan Fears Rise in Indian Defense Budget

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
WElcome to DFI...

its not there ego... its the identity issue... wanting fame...
if they dont do that all who will care about them....

its their ego,they think that they are greater than india and they can get ahead of india easily only if they want.

rizwan78

Country flag
India has left with no option but to support NA in order to counter ISI support to haqqanis. Whoever fighting in Syria is none of our business. When u support Kashmiri jihad raw support to other was inevitable

its game of cat and mouse
Hmm, i know you have no problem whoever are fighting in syria, because syria does not located near the indian border, in same case Afghanistan also not sharing its border with india that can directly effect you, then why do you feel discomfort about Afghanistan you should not worry who are the winner or looser in Afghanistan,
yes its game of cat and mouse and it is clear RAW is the main sponsor of TTP, in return you should also ready for the similar situation in India too, lets suppose ajmal kasab was pakistani and hafiz saeed was the mastermind than what ? why this rona dhona ? i am sure RAW has been able to killed alot more Pakistanis in reply of ISI Bombay attack, but we never complained you why because ISI will only reply you in similar manner not in the type of RONA DHONA , that is how this bloody game will continue forever

ladder

Country flag
Hmm, i know you have no problem whoever are fighting in syria, because syria does not located near the indian border, in same case Afghanistan also not sharing its border with india that can directly effect you, then why do you feel discomfort about Afghanistan you should not worry who are the winner or looser in Afghanistan,
yes its game of cat and mouse and it is clear RAW is the main sponsor of TTP, in return you should also ready for the similar situation in India too, lets suppose ajmal kasab was pakistani and hafiz saeed was the mastermind than what ? why this rona dhona ? i am sure RAW has been able to killed alot more Pakistanis in reply of ISI Bombay attack, but we never complained you why because ISI will only reply you in similar manner not in the type of RONA DHONA , that is how this bloody game will continue forever
Hmm, i know you have no problem whoever are fighting in syria, because syria does not located near the indian border
Neighborhood is the answer. Now you probably got your answer.

yes its game of cat and mouse and it is clear RAW is the main sponsor of TTP
Nobody has proved so, your govt. hasn't provided any evidence or protested against that to Indian govt. Those article which are for your domestic consumption are not admissible here.

in return you should also ready for the similar situation in India too, lets suppose ajmal kasab was pakistani and hafiz saeed was the mastermind than what
As if you haven't tried or trying. Seldom you succeed. But we are determined to eliminate that also.

i am sure RAW has been able to killed alot more Pakistanis in reply of ISI Bombay attack
Nah, RAW needn't get involved. You are doing a perfect job within yourself of killing each other.

that is how this bloody game will continue forever
We haven't started yet.

rizwan78

Country flag
Neighborhood is the answer. Now you probably got your answer.

Nobody has proved so, your govt. hasn't provided any evidence or protested against that to Indian govt. Those article which are for your domestic consumption are not admissible here.

As if you haven't tried or trying. Seldom you succeed. But we are determined to eliminate that also.

Nah, RAW needn't get involved. You are doing a perfect job within yourself of killing each other.

We haven't started yet.
Afghanistan is not your neighbor country, world knows that why india is there check India finances trouble in Pakistan: Hagel - Pakistan - DAWN.COM
Nothing will be happens if we provides you full prof with pictures , nor will Pakistan do any thing if you provide us any documentary,

ladder

Country flag
Afghanistan is not your neighbor country, world knows that why india is there check India finances trouble in Pakistan: Hagel - Pakistan - DAWN.COM
Nothing will be happens if we provides you full prof with pictures , nor will Pakistan do any thing if you provide us any documentary,
Neighbor and Neighborhood are two different terms. Please look up in the dictionary.

But, even then you are not correct. Officially we share ~178 km of land boundary with Afghanistan though currently we don't administer that area and it falls within the disputed area of Kashmir.

Before going into the merits of statements of Chuck Hagel, I want you to clearly state that you accept all statement's of Chuck past and present. As selective acceptance will not be admissible. State it explicitly and we shall proceed further.

Thirdly, don't present evidence to India but to international community. Name and Shame India.

Blackwater

Blackwater

Afghanistan is in our neighborhood, india has invested billion $$ for development of roads and school and hospital in afganistan. we have to be concern and involved

rizwan78

Country flag
Neighbor and Neighborhood are two different terms. Please look up in the dictionary.

But, even then you are not correct. Officially we share ~178 km of land boundary with Afghanistan though currently we don't administer that area and it falls within the disputed area of Kashmir.

Before going into the merits of statements of Chuck Hagel, I want you to clearly state that you accept all statement's of Chuck past and present. As selective acceptance will not be admissible. State it explicitly and we shall proceed further.

Thirdly, don't present evidence to India but to international community. Name and Shame India.
We know how much happy you are when chines starts building seaports in there neighboring countries pakistan Bangladesh and sirilanka, of course no one invest without any gain,
178 kilometers boundry that you have mentioned is belongs to kashmir anf kashmir belongs to kashmiries
And i know india or any indian would gives a Shit Damn about this chuks statement, so does pakistan gives a shit damn about any amircan, indian statment regarding LET, Hafiz saeed, Haqani groups etc

Last edited:

rizwan78

Country flag
same with Nepal and Bangladesh both are not ur neighbor still ISI using them to send fake currency and terrorist.
We have much bigger threats then this from the RAW operatives based in indian consulates in afghanistan, and we will eliminate those without giving damn shit to any international community concerns

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
India had proof.
India submitted those evidence and in turn international community banned Let and declared hafiz saed as a terrorist.
You on the other hands are accusing without any solid proof.
One more thing i would like to add is that all these TTP are muslim pakistani. They don't go from India to do suicide bomb pakistan. OTOH these terrorist in Kashmir are from pakistan....

rizwan78

Country flag
India had proof.
India submitted those evidence and in turn international community banned Let and declared hafiz saed as a terrorist.
You on the other hands are accusing without any solid proof.
One more thing i would like to add is that all these TTP are muslim pakistani. They don't go from India to do suicide bomb pakistan. OTOH these terrorist in Kashmir are from pakistan....
i have already stated nothing will change no one will except the evidence nether Pakistan nor India, because it is a kind of proxy war , you killed mine we killed yours, and who the hell are international community and how one can make the judgement siting thousand miles away from us without hearing the both parties? international community has banned LET because they are fighting in Afghanistan against Taliban and Pakistan was not excepting there request to take action against haqanies, they want to pressurize Pakistan even USA have no evidence please check this link US says Hafiz Saeed bounty for information that will lead to arrest - NDTV
Naxals are also hindus, i am sure they will never decline if Pakistan wants to support them , and the inflaters who tries to cross the borders to fight with indian army are kashmiris,

ladder

Country flag
We know how much happy you are when chines starts building seaports in there neighboring countries pakistan Bangladesh and sirilanka, of course no one invest without any gain,
178 kilometers boundry that you have mentioned is belongs to kashmir anf kashmir belongs to kashmiries
And i know india or any indian would gives a Shit Damn about this chuks statement, so does pakistan gives a shit damn about any amircan, indian statment regarding LET, Hafiz saeed, Haqani groups etc
Yes, we are very happy when China funds commercial projects in our neighboring countries for commercial gains. What we despise is commercial projects with military intentions/gains. Those should be declared military explicitly for the associated intentions.

Are you sure, you are ready to give the area near the ~178 km land boundary which India has with Afghanistan to Kashmiris? Last I checked you govt. was in denial and was hiding behind a smokescreen called Northern Areas. State explicitly and we can discuss the merits.

I didn't ask you what India feels about Chuck's statement, but as you presented Chuck's statement as a credible statement, you should be able to digest all his statements. So, should I consider you chickened out from doing that?

You, as long as have international commitment can't give a damn about those MoFo's you wrote. As they are all UN sanctioned terrorists.

You will face the music in due time, your assertion that JuD is a philanthropic organization fell flat on it's face. So, only the duplicitous behavior of your govt. is keeping you afloat. But not for long.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
i have already stated nothing will change no one will except the evidence nether Pakistan nor India, because it is a kind of proxy war , you killed mine we killed yours, and who the hell are international community and how one can make the judgement siting thousand miles away from us without hearing the both parties? international community has banned LET because they are fighting in Afghanistan against Taliban and Pakistan was not excepting there request to take action against haqanies, they want to pressurize Pakistan even USA have no evidence please check this link US says Hafiz Saeed bounty for information that will lead to arrest - NDTV
Naxals are also hindus, i am sure they will never decline if Pakistan wants to support them , and the inflaters who tries to cross the borders to fight with indian army are kashmiris,
What is propaganda???
What are the negative effect of propaganda against pakistan?
What were the benefit of positive propaganda of pakistan by the western power??
Answer these question to yourself and then read your post again.
Provide source for the bold part.
BTW topic is about pakistan's concern over India's hiking defence budget so let's stick to it.

ladder

Country flag
Every thing will change, many things have changed and many in due time. We have successfully associated Pakistan with global terrorism and that was phase 1. The 'freedom fighter' explanation is now in dustbin. It's universally accepted as cross-border terrorism. The Phase 2 is in progress.

International community is playing it's part. Last I knew, Pakistan categorically maintains LET was and is not involved in Afghanistan. So, clear things up before you write here. NDS will be happy if you state that explicitly.

USA has all the links, and you yourself know, what keeps your boat afloat. Given that Pakistan's use to USA was immense during it's presence in Afghanistan still we archived this keeping HS under the radar. And the bounty is not for information but information leading to arrest dictionary is your friend. And that has not materialized because Pakistan is playing flip-flop. But not for long.

Naxals are not terrorist, but extremists. You don't know anything about Naxals. Try helping Naxals from Pakistan, you will get your answer. We know with whom they have contacts. It's not that Pakistan has not tried but it failed miserably in doing so.

You even helped Indian Mujahedeen, but what happened? We broke their back. Not only we are arresting them from India, Nepal, Bangladesh and gulf countries, they are also being killed in Afghanistan.

Infiltrators are Pakistani and mercenaries from Afghanistan ( more in 1990's) and no amount of lying will help as we have DNA profiling of them.
So, you admit that you send infiltrators violating the 2004 agreement. Isn't it?

and the inflaters who tries to cross the borders to fight with indian army are kashmiris,
BTW, the whole of Kashmir is more peaceful than Karachi. You guys are doing a good job within yourself.
I can only wish that you carry on the good job for a few more years, till the time we prop up our economy a bit. Then only we will enter the fray.

Last edited:

Illusive

Country flag
700bn are u joking??? i mean you are right!!!! if you are talking about that figure in US dollars because 700bn budget is greater than china and equal or maybe more than of america.
Abe 700bn$ to unki GDP nahin hain:laugh:, its in rupees, it could be near 8billion $.

rizwan78

Country flag
Every thing will change, many things have changed and many in due time. We have successfully associated Pakistan with global terrorism and that was phase 1. The 'freedom fighter' explanation is now in dustbin. It's universally accepted as cross-border terrorism. The Phase 2 is in progress.

International community is playing it's part. Last I knew, Pakistan categorically maintains LET was and is not involved in Afghanistan. So, clear things up before you write here. NDS will be happy if you state that explicitly.

USA has all the links, and you yourself know, what keeps your boat afloat. Given that Pakistan's use to USA was immense during it's presence in Afghanistan still we archived this keeping HS under the radar. And the bounty is not for information but information leading to arrest dictionary is your friend. And that has not materialized because Pakistan is playing flip-flop. But not for long.

Naxals are not terrorist, but extremists. You don't know anything about Naxals. Try helping Naxals from Pakistan, you will get your answer. We know with whom they have contacts. It's not that Pakistan has not tried but it failed miserably in doing so.

You even helped Indian Mujahedeen, but what happened? We broke their back. Not only we are arresting them from India, Nepal, Bangladesh and gulf countries, they are also being killed in Afghanistan.

Infiltrators are Pakistani and mercenaries from Afghanistan ( more in 1990's) and no amount of lying will help as we have DNA profiling of them.
So, you admit that you send infiltrators violating the 2004 agreement. Isn't it?

BTW, the whole of Kashmir is more peaceful than Karachi. You guys are doing a good job within yourself.
I can only wish that you carry on the good job for a few more years, till the time we prop up our economy a bit. Then only we will enter the fray.
This is how every body think India is miserable state, you have been doing this wawayla since long time back , every day you found Pakistan two steps a head , what you think that international community will one day change a nuclear Pakistan status to a terrorist state ? did you even know what will happens after that ? international community will not listen to you after the withdrawal of NATO forces from Afghanistan, you will soon realize who have upper hand in Afghanistan,
comparing kashmir with karachi is a joke, karachi is twice bigger then the population of whole Indian occupied Kashmir, and yeh IOK is so peaceful that you have called back 1 million regular forces from the Vally :lol:

ladder

Country flag
This is how every body think India is miserable state, you have been doing this wawayla since long time back , every day you found Pakistan two steps a head , what you think that international community will one day change a nuclear Pakistan status to a terrorist state ? did you even know what will happens after that ? international community will not listen to you after the withdrawal of NATO forces from Afghanistan, you will soon realize who have upper hand in Afghanistan,
comparing kashmir with karachi is a joke, karachi is twice bigger then the population of whole Indian occupied Kashmir, and yeh IOK is so peaceful that you have called back 1 million regular forces from the Vally :lol:
You think, everybody thinks India is in a miserable state, but if you look around, you will see the walls are made up of mirrors and you are seeing multiple reflection of yourself only.

What India is doing and not doing is open to everyone to see. Your govt. has not brought any evidence of wrongdoing in India's part. Which stands as it is. Your personal opinion is not worth the bandwidth it takes for airing.

From where I seeing Pakistan walking down briskly retracing it's own path backwards.

International community hasn't given you the nuclear state status. But you assumed yourself to be one. Similarly why would international community has to explicitly give you a tag of terrorist nation to have other factors associated with the tag to kick in. I am not responsible for your wrong assumption.

With good medical facility in India I have a higher probability than a average Pakistani to live and see what happens after troop withdrawal from Afghanistan. But, with BSA it's a few years from now.
But, NS sending special envoy to Kabul after Kabul was heard mulling to take action against Pakistan, surely hints at things to come. :cool2:

Comparing Karachi to Kashmir is not a joke, your assumption is a joke and worth a place in dustbin. The geographical limitations of Karachi is minimal compared to Kashmir and the population too is comparable with 1,25 crore in 2011.

But, what intrigues me is what you call our troubled area has better crime control rate and unnatural mortality rate than the business district of Pakistan.
I think the juxtaposition is well placed between the two.

Well, notwithstanding the fact that the 1 million figure is a stale joke, that no one bothers even to laugh. On a serious note,you have not figures to prove that.
Unless you prove it, repetition of it need mod. intervention. But still, you Karachi too has heavy presence of Sindh Rangers and lately the Army apart from regular and elite police. And not to forget the non state actors which your govt. is dependent upon.

You have to admit, our security forces are doing a good job in doing what is warranted out of them in Kashmir but your security personnel can't secure a small geographical area called Karachi. Well I will advice you to deploy 1 million forces in Karachi if your economy permits as yesterday I pasted 10 deaths in targeted killings in Karachi. But will that help? :p

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
For Pakistan, defeat is that moment when it can no longer resist India | idrw.org

South Asian political and military affairs expert Christine Fairs recent study on the Pakistan Army concludes that Pakistan would not be satisfied even if there was a solution to Kashmir, because for the Pakistan army, the war against India is a jihad or war of civilizations. In India to promote her book, Fighting to the End: The Pakistan Armys Way of War, Fair tells Indrani Bagchi that she believes Pakistans North Waziristan terrorist clean-up was just an eye-wash and why the US continues to cut Pakistan cheques
What is the central theme in your book?
I look at a puzzle in the book: Why does Pakistan persist with its revisionism as long as it has? Given that with every subsequent endeavour they become less successful. On top of that, the primary tools they developed to harass India is jihad. Because of a series of events following 911, a large swath of those jihadi groups it nurtured for use on India and Afghanistan have formed the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP). So not only is this strategy failing, its actually imperiling the viability of the state itself.
Ive been assembling Pakistani defence publications. Im not relying on interviews with these people (Pakistan army) because they lie. The people I have interviewed in the ISI never deviate from the script. These texts are really a conversation they have amongst themselves. I derived from this their strategic culture.
You speak about the idea of jihad being central to Pakistans way of war.
Its surprising just how much jihad and Islam is actually in their publications. If the US army or India were to do this, it would be so controversial. What Pakistan is trying to do is use jihad to mobilize and to boost the morale of their troops so they are on perpetual war footing with India.
Its kind of demoralizing if you think you cant actually win against India. So the use of jihad is a way to make it seem as if everything the Pakistan army does is Islamically justified. For example, they say India started every war. Therefore they describe their response to these wars as defence of jihad.
How do they refer to India?
They always pitch India as a Hindunation. This is critical to them because they are settling up this civilization battle. Every army chief says the two-nation theory is their ideology and the army protects their ideology and geography.
Is there an interest in getting another special envoy for Kashmir in the US administration?
Every US president starts with a renewed interest in Kashmir. Obama did, with the appointment of the special representative, which was supposed to be Afghanistan-Pakistan-India. People like Barnett Rubin and Ahmed Rashid argue for a grand bargain that solves Kashmir. This is all rubbish, I argue.
Pakistan is actually an ideological state. The Kashmir issue is not causal, its symptomatic. Pakistan is not a security seeking state in which we can satisfy their insecurities. Instead its an ideological state. I lay out a structure for containing Pakistan, because there is nothing in our toolbox that will reshape it.
Which means even if there is a solution to Kashmir, Pakistan would not be satisfied?
Yes. Its costly for Pakistan to maintain this competition, but they view defeat very differently. They dont view it in terms of territory lost or value of territory or number of lives lost. They view defeat as that moment when they can no longer resist India. They are like an international insurgent.
Thats why they keep taking calculated risks, knowing well they are never going to achieve the outcome. The goal is simply to exhibit to India that India cannot exert its will in the neighbourhood. If there were to be any kind of negotiation on Kashmir that gives up any inch of territory, its not going to fix the situation.
What is your assessment of Pakistans North Waziristan operation, Zarb-e-azb?
It is Zarb-e-bakwas. We have seen it before. To me it is an awful lot like what happened in 2009 in South Waziristan. They gave months of warning any terrorist worth his salt has already left either with the internal refugees or as was the desired effect into Afghanistan.
What most people dont know is Senator Levin put in a proviso in FY 2015 that says if the Pakistanis dont do an operation in North Waziristan were not going to give them $300 or $900 million. Now that they are done with this operation, the Pakistanis are making an argument in Washington DC that they should be given continued coalition support.
This is outrageous. They are creating and sustaining an insurgency , then they ask for compensation to protect the border. Theyre actually asking for money to protect them from their own Frankensteins monster.
Will America give in?
I think they will. The irony is this: the Americans will help them kill as many terrorists as they will let them. But the Americans wont make them stop producing more terrorists. They (Pakistanis) have taken $30 billion from us, they still kill our troops and we still pay the cheques. Osama bin Laden was in Abbottabad and still the cheques are coming

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
Can't find an appropriate thread for this but I am sure Pakis are nervous<gross understatment>, so here goes:-
India’s outgunned Russia and Saudi Arabia to become the world’s fourth-largest defence spender

India has broken into the world top-five defence spenders’ club.

Asia’s third-largest economy spent $50.6 billion in 2016, up from $46.6 billion last year. India now has the fourth-largest defence budget, followed by Saudi Arabia and Russia, according to the 2016 Jane’s Defence Budgets Report, released by research firm IHS Markit on Dec. 12. While Russia was at the fourth place last year, in 2016, it slipped to the sixth spot.

The US, China, and the UK remain the top three, IHS Jane’s data shows. The report says that by 2018 India will become the third-largest in the group, surpassing the UK.

“Procurement spending has been constrained in India over the last three years as personnel costs have increased,” Craig Caffrey, principal analyst, IHS Jane’s, said in a statement. “However, what we expect to see from 2017 onwards is a military focused on modernisation. India needs new equipment to fulfill its modernisation drive. Over the next three years, India will re-emerge as a key growth market for defence suppliers.”

In 2016, the total global defence spending increased to $1.57 trillion. Here are the 10 nations with the highest defence budgets for 2016:

Since coming to power in May 2014, the Narendra Modi government has laid tremendous stress on ramping up the country’s defence facilities. In 2014, India purchased some Rs36,900 crore ($5.57 billion) worth of arms, ammunition, and related goods from abroad. Earlier this year, India also signed a €7.8-billion (around Rs58,000 crore) deal to buy 36 Rafale fighter jets from France.

Under Modi, the government has been looking at increasing the share of domestic manufacturing in defence goods. India spends some 1.8% of its GDP on defence. Of this, up to 36% is spent on capital acquisition.

The government had also raised foreign direct investment limit for the sector to 49%, helping Indian private players partner global heavyweights. India needs to spend some $130 billion to modernise its military over the next seven years.
Not sure about the figure for Russia and U.K., but oh well :).

By 2020, we gonna be at $100 billion, if Parrikar's will is his word.

Meanwhile in Pakistan...................................."Our total government spending this year is $34 billion, which is $16 billion less than India's defense budget"

Pakistan: Living in denial

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles