7 new Polio Cases surface taking total to 94: PM Polio Monitoring Cell

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Re: 7 new Polio Cases surface taking total to 94: PM Polio Monitoring

If one allows stupid Mullahs dictating norms for public health, by finding polio drops a conspiracy against Islam, then they will only encourage an avoidable physically deformed Pakistani population.

BridgeSeller

AoA, this time Pa'astan will score double century.

Blackwater

With two more cases, this year's polio tally surpasses last year's

ISLAMABAD/PESHAWAR: The country has surpassed last year's polio count of 93 cases as it has recorded three new cases, taking the nationwide tally to 94 so far this year.

Two new cases were confirmed by Polio Virology Laboratory at the National Institute of Health (NIH) on Wednesday.

An official of the Prime Minister's Monitoring and Coordination Cell for Polio said one of the cases had been reported from Peshawar and the other from Khyber Agency.

Six-month-old Habiba, a resident of Sheikh Mohammadi union council of Peshawar tehsil, is showing early signs of paralysis.

The second victim is 14-momth-old Hajira, of Zakha Khel village, Bara tehsil in Khyber Agency.

Three new polio cases detected in Khyber

On Tuesday, the NIH confirmed the first case from rural Sindh this year when it came to the fore that 21-month-old Rehmatullah, of Haji Dad Mohammad Brohi village, Sethar Pir union council, Sanghar district, was having onset of paralysis.

According to an official of the polio cell, this year 70 cases have been reported from Fata (55 from North Waziristan, five from South Waziristan, eight from Khyber Agency and two from Frontier Region Bannu) 16 from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa including six from Peshawar, nine from Bannu and one from Mardan, eight from Sindh with seven of them from Karachi (including one each from Baldia, Orangi, Site and Landhi and three from Gadap). Not a single case has been reported from Punjab.

"In Afghanistan only seven polio cases have been recorded this year and, according to DNA reports, the viruses have been transferred there from Pakistan," he said.

Two of the newly-confirmed cases from the KP and the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (Fata) had not received any dose of the vaccines due to refusal by their patents.

Vaccinators say refusal is the main hindrance in the smooth-sailing of the campaigns.

Parents cite different reasons for defying vaccination. Some argue that it is a ploy used by the US to render the recipients impotent and infertile while other stay away from vaccination as they regard it against Islam to use medicines for a disease which has not occurred yet.

The federal government, which directly governs Fata, has not been able to ensure vaccination of children there despite calls by United Nations agencies and the KP government.

Taliban in North Waziristan Agency banned polio drive in retaliation to US drone strike in June last year. There has been no effort to get the ban lifted. Of about 90,000 under-five children living in the agency, authorities have not been able to vaccinate 300,000.

Thirty-two people have been killed and 38 others injured in attacks on polio teams since Dec 2012.

Despite aggressive campaigns, the efforts to do away with the vaccine-preventable disease seem elusive as far as refusals are not addressed in Fata and the KP.

Published in Dawn, July 17th , 2014

With two more cases, this year’s polio tally surpasses last year’s - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Blackwater

this is despite millions $$ pours in by saudi and UAE govt? where the money has gone ??? to zarb-i-iasb??/

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

So what does Holy Koran says about Polio? is Polio drops Un-Islamic? :hmm:

BridgeSeller

Por*** gift to Higher than Himalayan friends :lol:

In 2011, China experienced its first polio outbreak in more than a decade—the result of wild poliovirus (type 1) being carried through the Karakoram corridor into southern Xinjiang. The virus paralyzed 21 people, including 10 young children, and caused two deaths.

Polio's Backdoor Into China

India must bar por*** entering into India

Pakistanis seeking to travel overseas have used fake polio vaccination certificates to circumvent rules put in place to stem the spread of the crippling virus, the Dawn newspaper reported
Pakistanis use fake polio vaccination cards to travel overseas
What a beautiful friendship between these two upstanding nations, may they keep giving each other many such gifts.

Blackwater

What a beautiful friendship between these two upstanding nations, may they keep giving each other many such gifts.
if u see my post 2 to 4 yrs back. I made statement that """friendship with pakistan ,china will only get diseases and terorrism and my GOD i was spot on

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

if u see my post 2 to 4 yrs back. I made statement that """friendship with pakistan ,china will only get diseases and terorrism and my GOD i was spot on
Disease was bound to happen.

A lot happens on Paki-China border borders.

The hand of Chinese is over Paki which signifies Pakis ars submissive.

BridgeSeller

So what does Holy Koran says about Polio? is Polio drops Un-Islamic? :hmm:
I don't think it says anything. There was a fatwa a few years ago where some prominent mulla declared that although some vaccines are indeed made using pigs they are halal. Word in the grapevine is that the mullah was on the payroll of the west. I guess most momin in pureland do not believe the fatwa.

Coming to the case of ba'astaan, there was a rumor that the RAW, CIA, and Mossad were making momin imfertile and therefore useless to the 4 begums with the help of these polio drops. This was a kuffar plot to destroy the one true religion. Therefore the resistance and their steadfast devotion toward the eradication of Polio workers

Blackwater

Disease was bound to happen.

A lot happens on Paki-China border borders.

The hand of Chinese is over Paki which signifies Pakis ars submissive.

they will bloody either spread AIDS or STD

ladder

Country flag

ladder

Country flag

Global Defence

New threads

Articles