100 women raped daily in Karachi, says police doctor

Blackwater

Islamabad - Around 100 women are raped every day in Pakistan's largest city of Karachi, a leading police doctor was quoted as saying Tuesday.
Most were working women or those working as domestic helps, and aged 20 or under, the English Language Daily Times quoted the city's Deputy Police Surgeon Dr Zulfiqar Siyal as saying.:wave::wave:

'I am saying with full authority that such a large number of rape cases happen in the city,' he told the newspaper on the sidelines of a discussion on sexual violence organized by a women's rights organization, Aurat Foundation.

'But very few rape survivors have the courage to come forward in search of justice,' he added.

Siyal said the victim held back because of the lengthy and complicated medical process and delayed justice system in Pakistan.
Only 0.5 percent of cases are reported and the most of the sufferers prefer to stay silent.

According to the official data during the last eight months, between January and August 2008, only 197 cases were reported,' Siyal said.
Karachi is Pakistan's commercial hub, with a population of around 16 million.

100 women raped daily in Karachi, says police doctor - Monsters and Critics

Blackwater

paki media is so busy in bomb blasting they get no time to report other things:lol::lol::lol:

and people like farhaan and zarvin and many more pakistanis think nothing wrong is happening in paksitan :laugh::laugh:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Islamabad - Around 100 women are raped every day in Pakistan's largest city of Karachi, a leading police doctor was quoted as saying Tuesday.
Most were working women or those working as domestic helps, and aged 20 or under, the English Language Daily Times quoted the city's Deputy Police Surgeon Dr Zulfiqar Siyal as saying.:wave::wave:

'I am saying with full authority that such a large number of rape cases happen in the city,' he told the newspaper on the sidelines of a discussion on sexual violence organized by a women's rights organization, Aurat Foundation.

'But very few rape survivors have the courage to come forward in search of justice,' he added.

Siyal said the victim held back because of the lengthy and complicated medical process and delayed justice system in Pakistan.
Only 0.5 percent of cases are reported and the most of the sufferers prefer to stay silent.

According to the official data during the last eight months, between January and August 2008, only 197 cases were reported,' Siyal said.
Karachi is Pakistan's commercial hub, with a population of around 16 million.

100 women raped daily in Karachi, says police doctor - Monsters and Critics
100x365 = 36,500 Rapes in a year and that's just in Karachi :shocked:

So Karachi is the Rape Capital of the world. :tsk:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
A totally false accusation.

Four pious male Muslims with prominent zabiba (pious bumps on the forehead) have to stand witness to a rape and then alone will the Shaira Court accept it as true!

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Karachi is definitely one of the most violent cities in the world.

The problem why Rapes are not reported, social stigma(extremely conservative society), police apathy, screwed up justice system, and criminal power.

parijataka

Country flag

The problem why Rapes are not reported, social stigma(extremely conservative society), police apathy, screwed up justice system, and criminal power.
Hmm....you left out Sharia requirement to produce 4 male witnesses to rape. Most of Pakistani women in jail are actually rape victims who could not produce the required 4 male witnesses and are thrown in jail for adultery.

Sharia for Hind !

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

And worst of all is that the rape victim is FORCED TO MARRY THE RAPIST. :shocked::shocked: :tsk:

And in case the victim goes to file a complaint then her family members are killed.I think some of similar stories were posted here earlier. :sad:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Hmm....you left out Sharia requirement to produce 4 male witnesses to rape. Most of Pakistani women in jail are actually rape victims who could not produce the required 4 male witnesses and are thrown in jail for adultery.

Sharia for Hind !
I didn't know that.
AFAIK Shariat Courts run parallel, but are not used in criminal or terrorism cases.

Blackwater

and some Pakistanis think that, there are no rapes,poverty and illiteracy in pakistan

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
and some Pakistanis think that, there are no rapes,poverty and illiteracy in pakistan
Yaar, one girls are not allowed to go out alone without a chaperone, and then you are raped. You would rather keep quiet, then have your father/brother shoot you in the name of honour.

parijataka

Country flag
I didn't know that.
AFAIK Shariat Courts run parallel, but are not used in criminal or terrorism cases.
Cherry picking on Sharia ? Just 1-2 days ago you were batting for sharia courts in Mumbai IIRC.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Cherry picking on Sharia ? Just 1-2 days ago you were batting for sharia courts in Mumbai IIRC.
I was batting for Darul Qaza's all over India, which have been operating for close to 80 years in India.

1. They are not courts, they give advisories or provide arbitration. And Darul Qaza is translated as House of Qaza, and not Shariat Court.
2. They can only give advises in matters of personal affairs (as defined in the Constitution namely marriage, divorce, and inheritance)
3. They are only for those muslims, who wish to employ them, and in fact are funded by local muslims.

==
It has no correlation with the Federal Shariat Courts of Pakistan. Which, I presume rules on all matters except criminal and terrorism related in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
And I hope you realize, I am not pro-Shariat.
However, I am pro-whatever beliefs you wish to live by in your personal affairs. The State shouldn't dictate what you can and cannot do in matters which are your personal affairs.

peacecracker

if the numbers of karachi is this, imagine the rapes and forceful abduction,harems,abuse(incest) of the gulf muslims(arabs,turks,persians etc). they are in fact far more medieval minded (even if by their looks they seems forward/westernized) than hindu/boudh converted muslims like in pakistan. women are just another commodity in islamic world and to a larger extend in hindu culture also.

Zarvin

100 rapes a day.:rofl:

These Duffers are counting prostitution as rape.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
@peacecracker gulf muslims like Persians and Turks are absolutely not medieval, in most cases they are more progressive than Indians.
Only the Peninsular Arabs can be considered medieval and maybe a few rural Maghrebis

Last edited by a moderator:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
@Zarvin

I believe the Surgeon made this statement. They know how to detect rape vs consensual sex.

Last edited by a moderator:

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
IMHO... Till the time we have even a few rapes happening in India, we do not have the right to laugh at any other country at their rape figures.

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Aurat Foundation
Express News
LOL what a combination. I am not denying that there are no rapes in Pakistan. There are but I really doubt Deputy Surgeon General of Karachi can make that sweeping statement in a feminist forum!!!!!!!!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles