Who will be the next blasphemer?

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Before going of half-cocked, please do read up what the Kerry Lugar bill is, it's not that that difficult, Google is your friend.
Kerry-Lugar bill, as passed by the US Congress last week authorises military aid, the conditions require the President of the US to certify to the Congress that Pakistan "is continuing to cooperate with the United States" on nuclear nonproliferation.

The bill also requires Pakistan "is making significant efforts towards combating terrorist groups", including al-Qaeda, the Taliban and their affiliates, and Pakistani military is not "subverting the political or judicial processes" of the nation.

Conditions in Kerry-Lugar Bill is stated policy of Pak: US - Indian Express

Zarvin

Kerry-Lugar bill, as passed by the US Congress last week authorises military aid, the conditions require the President of the US to certify to the Congress that Pakistan "is continuing to cooperate with the United States" on nuclear nonproliferation.

The bill also requires Pakistan "is making significant efforts towards combating terrorist groups", including al-Qaeda, the Taliban and their affiliates, and Pakistani military is not "subverting the political or judicial processes" of the nation.

Conditions in
Kerry-Lugar Bill is stated policy of Pak: US - Indian Express
The military does not want military aid. The funds they get are already sufficient for them.

Pakistani army chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani told a parliamentary defense committee on Tuesday that Pakistan was no longer in need of American military aid.

Iftikhar Khan of Dawn.com reported that Kayani received a call from Washington asking if he meant it. "My reply was we mean what we say," Kayani said during the briefing in Rawalpindi, stressing that Pakistan would not compromise its national sovereignty.

The General also ruled out the possibility of unilateral U.S. military action on Pakistani soil, saying the Americans will have to "think 10 times before going for this." Kayani's comments come in light of a U.S. military build-up near North Waziristan, home of the Haqqani Network militant group.
Kayani says Pakistan doesn't need U.S. aid, warns against unilateral action - National Afghanistan Headlines | Examiner.com

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Yeah Kayani said and you believed it. :D
What else would you expect him to say, for public consumption?
Reality speaks for itself and the sweet words sprinkled in the media do not hide it.

The military does not want military aid.
Sure you can say that, because you're not the military leadership :)

Zarvin

This is what your esteemed anchors like Tarek Fatah have said, and I trust they have read the bill and its text. Its you who needs to do some reading.

There is indeed a clause that will automatically terminate aid if the military undermines the civilian government in Pakistan.
Tarek Fatah is the last person you should swallow information from. Always check it up.

The reason a coup has not taken place is the Kerry Lugar bill. The Army will stop receiving US handouts if they take over - this is a clause that is built into the Kerry-Lugar agreement.
The army does not receive hand outs from the US. You realise that now that you've corrected yourself.

The fund goes to our corrupt government which every Pakistani with a brain absolutely hates. The rest of it goes into activities like this-->
BBC News - Pakistan's Sesame Street US funding is withdrawn

That's why surveys show that Pakistani citizens don't see the benefit of Aid. Our next government will cut all Aid.

Zarvin

KIll This arguement here and now

and go through this Link here . . . Tarek Fateh has spoken the Truth but ofcourse it is unpalatable to the Pakistani Taste

Full Text of The Kerry-Lugar Bill – Details and Conditions | Reports | Urdu Columns & Books | Bashaoor Pakistan
Kerry Lugar bill is a bill that proscribes non-military assistance to our corrupt government. Unless you can prove otherwise, my statement stands.
Tarak Fatah is a propaganda machine and his brainwashing and lies I have witnessed already in this thread.

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
Islamic radicalization poses an existential threat to Pakistan and a serious security threat to the rest of the world. Only through a combination of an enlightened social movement and strong leadership from the government can this phenomenon be reversed. There are many examples around the world such as the abolition of slavery in the United States, the elimination of absolute monarchy in Europe and cessation of the widespread practice of sati in India which indicate that cruel and archaic practices entrenched in a society can be purged. However as of now Pakistan lacks both these components. Surprisingly significant parts of the educated youth and influential middle class support or condone the Islamist cause leaving the few enlightened minds in a lurch. And the government is clearly complicit in this activity by either actively promoting or passively tolerating archaic laws for the sake of populism.

Unless this changes Pakistan has no hope.

average american

Heres Pakistans problem along with a lot of middle east countries and other Islamic countries.....

The Pakistani leadership is caught in a trap of its own making. Since the 1970s, the local media has (often under government pressure) enthusiastically backed Islamic radicalism and hatred of infidels (non-Moslems, especially all those Indian Hindus). Efforts to make peace with India and the West are crippled by the large number of Pakistanis who still believe the decades of anti-infidel propaganda and cannot be quickly turned around. Not when they are religious fanatics with learning disabilitys from 1400 years of inbreeding, plus as President Musharraf says Muslems are the poorest, the most illiterate, the most backward, the most unhealthy, the most un-enlightened, the most deprived, and the weakest of all the human race.
Decades of spewing hatred at India and the West and support of terrorism has created a monster that is now at war with Pakistan as well.

bose

Country flag
The first thing Pakistan need to do is to separate Religion from State, religion is a private affair of individuals, untill this realization comes nothing is expected from it.

What surprises me is how the Pakistanis climb to the roof tops and claims that they believe in laws of GOD and not human beings, then what is this Blasphamy law ? Is it too from God ?

I expect Pakistan as a sociaty degrade day by day and that will be the cause of its downfall. There is a review I read somewhere, 70 % of Pakistanis believe that Shias are non muslims.

average american

The first thing Pakistan need to do is to separate Religion from State, religion is a private affair of individuals, untill this realization comes nothing is expected from it.

What surprises me is how the Pakistanis climb to the roof tops and claims that they believe in laws of GOD and not human beings, then what is this Blasphamy law ? Is it too from God ?

I expect Pakistan as a sociaty degrade day by day and that will be the cause of its downfall. There is a review I read somewhere, 70 % of Pakistanis believe that Shias are non muslims.
Last year a couple of well knowen figures in Pakistan came out against the Blasphamy Laws, both were murdred, one by his body guard that now is treated as a hero in Pakistan.

average american

They now have a 11 year old girl in prison in Pakistan for blasphamy.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
Kerry Lugar bill is a bill that proscribes non-military assistance to our corrupt government. Unless you can prove otherwise, my statement stands.
Tarak Fatah is a propaganda machine and his brainwashing and lies I have witnessed already in this thread.

Something wrong with your neo cortex or frontal lobe . . . is it ? . . .

Your reasoning ability is seriously ----ed up . . . .

The point raised was whether Kerry-lugar bill has preventive measures against a military coup or not . . .
and the text is quite clear on that .

the Question whether the democratic government you have is Corrupt or not is not a issue here .

Could you Prove that your Military is entirely Self funded ?

If the funds are allocated by the civilian government which in turn is funded by the US ,
then it goes without saying your Army is a beneficiary of Kerry-Lugar.

No matter what delusional claims you or your army makes.

And what with the credibility of Tarek Fateh . . .Can you prove anywhere that he has lied on record ?

If not . . . then eat your words

in any case How does it matter what the Red Caps think of him , Let them celebrate their Prophet of doom .

Last edited:

bose

Country flag
They now have a 11 year old girl in prison in Pakistan for blasphamy.
Un imaginable in any sane society, I understand that the 11yr old girl is sufferring from down syndrome.

When there is atrocity against Muslims [like in Burma] they come out into streets nor that I have any issue with it BUT while the same people keep quite when such barbaric incidents happems.

Last edited:

Zarvin

Something wrong with your neo cortex or frontal lobe . . . is it ? . . .

Your reasoning ability is seriously ----ed up . . . .

The point raised was whether Kerry-lugar bill has preventive measures against a military coup or not . . .
and the text is quite clear on that .

the Question whether the democratic government you have is Corrupt or not is not a issue here .

Could you Prove that your Military is entirely Self funded ?

If the funds are allocated by the civilian government which in turn is funded by the US ,
then it goes without saying your Army is a beneficiary of Kerry-Lugar.

No matter what delusional claims you or your army makes.

And what with the credibility of Tarek Fateh . . .Can you prove anywhere that he has lied on record ?

If not . . . then eat your words

in any case How does it matter what the Red Caps think of him , Let them celebrate their Prophet of doom .
The army is self-sufficient, they are not a beneficiary of this bill, which was the initial claim attributed to Tarek Fatah and you haven't still been able to prove its authenticity.
As I had been said before, neither the people nor the army, who has major differences with goverment(I suggest you actually read the memogate) see the benifit of this 'civilian aid'. If they coup tomorrow, no one will miss the Kerry lugar bill and believe me this is the only time in history they have a legitimate reason to coup. Kerry Lugar bill is a poor argument against an army coup when the present goverment has broken all records for corruption in Amnesty international----This 'aid' to keep our civilian goverment in power to be Americas puppets has a very heavy price tag on it.

The only reason the people fear a coup this time is they don't want martial law again, that's why a technocratic goverment is being presented in order to make it more palatable, however, our media has done its dirty work to even show this as unsavoury.

parijataka

Country flag
Pakistan is doomed - its foundation was in gory blood shedding and its end will be too if one goes by the bombings and violence that one reads about daily. And no, Sunnis bombing Shia processions, blowing up buses in which Shias travel or their market places cannot be blamed on evil USA or the Jews or RAW. It is the intolerance of the Wahhabi Sunnis that has lead to the persecution and violence against other faiths and minority Muslim sects like Ahmadiyyas, Shias etc.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
^^ sunnis are fighting amongst themselves, and everyone hates punjabis

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
The army is self-sufficient, they are not a beneficiary of this bill,
Army is self sufficient ?? what absurdity is this ?

So just answer the question . . . 1) What is the source of their funding .?

But you wont coz answering difficult questions does not come naturally to Zaid hamid style brawlers

which was the initial claim attributed to Tarek Fatah and you haven't still been able to prove its authenticity.
What do i have to prove ?

Tarek Fateh or no Tarek Fatah. . . If the Army is funded by the civilian govt . . .The motive is well proved already .

The only reason the people fear a coup this time is they don't want martial law again, that's why a technocratic goverment is being presented in order to make it more palatable, however, our media has done its dirty work to even show this as unsavoury.
First you yourself call the govt incomparably corrupt and now you are shifting blames to media for painting it in a bad light . . .

Decide what are your stands .

and while replying be courageous enough to answer the direct question posed at you .

I have already marked the question that seeks a reply
Hope you again wont attempt evasion by presenting out of context gibberish

Last edited:

Zarvin

Army is self sufficient ?? what absurdity is this ?

So just answer the question . . . 1) What is the source of their funding .?

But you wont coz answering difficult questions does not come naturally to Zaid hamid style brawlers

What do i have to prove ?

Tarek Fateh or no Tarek Fatah. . . If the Army is funded by the civilian govt . . .The motive is well proved already .

First you yourself call the govt incomparably corrupt and now you are shifting blames to media for painting it in a bad light . . .

Decide what are your stands .

and while replying be courageous enough to answer the direct question posed at you .

I have already marked the question that seeks a reply
Hope you again wont attempt evasion by presenting out of context gibberish
The Pakistan army, like every other army in the world has its budget; that budget is not relative to how much spending money the Yanks give our corrupt government for scratching their backs. The Pakistan army was foremost in opposition to it when it first passed through congress,however it is our corrupt government that had to make the decision, not our Armed forces or the citizens. This has become more and more evident with the popularity of Imran Khan who calls for an end to Aid and is said to be backed by the intelligence agencies.

I was blaming the media solely for giving a bad picture to the idea of a technocratic goverment, it was not related to the point I was making about the Kerry Lugar bill.

Global Defence

Articles