Pakistan has ICBMs with range greater than 9000km

agentperry

LAHORE: Earlier on April 26, 2012 when news broke of Pakistan testing its new Intermediate Ballistic Missile Hatf-IV (Shaheen-1A), Terminal X contacted Brigadier Ateeq ur Rehman, Director PR for the Pakistani military's Inter-Services Public Relations regarding the range of the latest variant. This scribe was informed that the range has not been disclosed for various reasons.

Later today, a Pakistani military source for TX made an important disclosure: the mysterious range everyone was guessing for the Shaheen-1A is not 2500 kilometers or 5000 kilometers as some exaggerated, it has a maximum range of just 1500 kilometers. According to the official, there were two main objectives of this short test:
Enhance accuracy for pinpoint attacks
Inclusion into the league of nations which have developed intermediate ballistic missiles.
The official stated that Pakistan's deterrence is foremostly against any aggressive Indian adventurism that can turn the region into an inferno. In the official's opinion, India carried out the recent Agni-V ICBM test to send an indirect signal to its rival China, whom it has strong reservations against for various reasons.

It was also revealed by the official that India's military establishment has not shared the actual range of the Agni-V ICBM which happens to be 8000 kilometers, not 5000 kilometers as falsely broadcast in the mainstream media.

"Pakistan possesses various ICBMs which have a range of 9000+ kilometres", said the official, "But they will be revealed and tested when there is a need for it. At the moment, Pakistan is silently observing the Eastern Theatre of Operations spearheaded by the US and its increasing presence in Europe, the Pacific Ocean and South Asia. Add to that Indian frolicking and the coming US-Israel drills in the Middle East... and when the time comes, those who should know, will know, Pakistan also has targets beyond India... way beyond India".

He added, "A wise group does not consider the Agni-V test as a threat for Pakistan but rather for China, and China is smart enough to deal with it. The military establishment is not really considering ICBM tests soon since we consider silence as the ultimate weapon. It might be that Israel signaled India to provoke Pakistan into doing an ICBM test and exposing their exact range so that an international conspiracy against the country's nukes could be initiated as is being currently done against North Korea. Far from being slapped with sanctions, India instead received appreciation from the US, NATO and Israel for its recent test".

And, as this scribe repeated the million dollar question, 'Any ICBM tests in the pipeline?'

"Well, yes.. My vote is not for it though".

Exclusive: Pakistani security official discusses the Shaheen-1A test ~ Terminal X

http://www.terminalx.org/2012/04/exclusive-pakistani-security-official.html

Immanuel

Country flag
Some wild stories here...director ISI PR seems to be smoking some serious dogshit...

:)

He got one thing right though, the range of Agni 5 is 8000 km indeed.

H.A.

Oh....they are following us...instead of taking the lead.....:laugh:

sehwag1830

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Well Pakistan really thinks rest of the World is stupid.

A country that begs to India to not oppose its textile export to EU has 9000 km ICBM.

So why is Pakistan begging to IMF and World Bank if it really is so intelligent scientific nation.

Pakistan is yet to win a gold medal at Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths, Computer International olympiads.

Tomorrow they will claim that they have overtaken US in gdp .
Some Madarassa maths at display.

SLASH

Its funny to see their desperation. may be they already have chinese missile only the paint job is remaining.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Whenever i read such stories about conspiracy and etc coming from Pakistan i feed good for a while thinking we have serious spine but alas!

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Pakistan has 9000km ICBM and my next door neighbour is Obama! Come on, give us a break PAKI PR idiots.

prahladh

Respected Member
The official stated that Pakistan's deterrence is foremostly against any aggressive Indian adventurism that can turn the region into an inferno
No one interested in your country beggars.

pmaitra

It is simple. If you pack in enough propellant, you can go very very far. If Pakistan were that confident, they'd have tested one already. Pakistanis aren't the ones who would give up the opportunity or excuse to give a qui pro quo. In this case, they probably just don't have an ICBM.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Is it as easy as packing enough propellant? If yes India would have done it right after testing Prithvi.

pmaitra

Is it as easy as packing enough propellant? If yes India would have done it right after testing Prithvi.
To make a working missile? No. To send a rocket very far? Sure, why not? It doesn't have to land on the intended target, does it? They could aim at Florida and it could land somewhere around Hawaii, it'll still have covered thousands of kilometers.

pmaitra

Then where does the ICBM come from?
I think they are bluffing. I doubt PRC will give them that technology. I would be very surprised if PRC actually gave them ICBM technology. North Korea is a different story. They might live under strict supervision of PRC, but they could have given the Pakistanis ICBM technology.

Country flag
I think they are bluffing. I doubt PRC will give them that technology. I would be very surprised if PRC actually gave them ICBM technology. North Korea is a different story. They might live under strict supervision of PRC, but they could have given the Pakistanis ICBM technology.
what adversary do they need an ICBM for? India is covered by IRBM.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles