Avalanche buries Pakistani soldiers near Siachen

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag

pmaitra

RIP to the dead (it is difficult to survive such incidents in a place like that).

IBSA

Country flag
Pak soliders dies in Siachen

I read now that 135 Pak soldiers died buried in the disputed Siachen glacier after a landslide

Did it was confirmed already by Pak sources? Somebody has more info about?

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Very unfortunate event. Goes to show that we are still specks of nothing in comparison to mother Nature. Judging by the conditions prevailing in Siachen, most likely most of them are dead.

Adux

Country flag
Rest in Peace. Unfortunate. May their families get strength through this difficult times.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The Himalayas are young mountains and have not settled in.

These are common happenings.

One wonders how come a Battalion HQ was not sited to ensure that it is not bang next to a mountain. HQs are not directly in battle i.e. eyeball to eyeball. Small plateaux are always available. However, maybe there was some operational reasons when it has be located so.

All that same it is very unfortunate.

It is a horrid way to die.

I have experienced effects of such avalanches and when the bodies are found, often when the snow melts during the summer, the bodies putrefy and are full of pitmarks where the stones and boulders have hit the body.

While some may rejoice that Pakistani are dead, one should also remember that they are but human beings and it is one of the most horrid way to die.

Some may also say that Pakistanis would not have sympathised.

That may be true.

But Indians have more sensibilities and sensitivity than many.

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
Hoooo the 135 missed the ass smashing by our solders :( They are here to kill us and they got owned by mother nature :p

Patriot

Country flag
Both sides have lost so many soldiers in Siachin due to adverse weather & living conditions. This time PA has paid huge the price of in the form of it's soldiers. I believe, Pakistan should mend his fighting ways with India & allow peace in the region.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
I heard its 150 & rescue ops are still on.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
If asked we should go their, to help 150 soldiers we need about 500 people to cross over other side.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles