2010 bloodiest year for Pakistan since 2001: Report Read more: 2010 bloodiest year f

divya

ISLAMABAD: A total of 1,224 people were killed and 2,157 more injured in 52 suicide attacks across Pakistan since January, making 2010 one of the bloodiest years since the turn of the century.

Though the total number of suicide bombings decreased 35 per cent this year as against the past year, 2010 was the bloodiest year since 2001 in terms of the number of the people killed in such attacks, The News daily reported today.

Pakistan witnessed 80 suicide attacks in 2009 that killed 1,217 people and injured 2,305 others.

On an average, suicide bombers killed 102 persons a month this year, compared to last year's average of 101 killings a month.

The bombers, on an average, killed more than 23 Pakistanis every week and over three persons every day in 2010.

Over four suicide attacks were carried out every month this year, compared to six assaults every month in 2009.

Civilian casualties accounted for 49 per cent of the total deaths caused by suicide bombings this year.

The remainder were personnel from security forces and law enforcement agencies, including the police, military, Frontier Constabulary, Pakistan Rangers, Inter-Services Intelligence and Khasadar militia.

Twelve per cent of casualties were Shias, eight per cent were Ahmedis and six per cent were Barelvi Muslims.

The largest number of deaths in suicide attacks - 416 - was reported in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.

Read more: 2010 bloodiest year for Pakistan since 2001: Report - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-Report/articleshow/7157354.cms#ixzz192SMbG35

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I feel sorry for the common Pakistanis.

However, they have wished it on themselves by kowtowing to their clergy, not standing up to the Army and ISI and for allowing a feudal structure to continue, wherein the politics remains in the hands of those who do not want the common man to have a say!

Iamanidiot

The Pakistanis are harvesting the dragon's teeth they had sown well.So you sow,so shall you reap

bhogta

I think 'kill by thousand cut' policy turns into nasty one for Pakistan. Pakistani people should understand and should stand against these religious extremist or this bloodshed put them attest a decade back.

divya

The Pakistanis are harvesting the dragon's teeth they had sown well.So you sow,so shall you reap
Actually the problem is common man is reaping what their gov had sowed.....

Iamanidiot

Actually the problem is common man is reaping what their gov had sowed.....
who told the common Pakistani tolerate this crap .The problem with pakistan is the pakistani citizen.There is no good pakistani..divya a good pakistani... is a..

divya

who told the common Pakistani tolerate this crap .The problem with pakistan is the pakistani citizen.There is no good pakistani..divya a good pakistani... is a..
See that does not mean that a 5 year old should pay the price of the policies of the government policies. Its just like justifying the terror attacks in India for the sake that everyone hates Pakistan.

Iamanidiot

See that does not mean that a 5 year old should pay the price of the policies of the government policies. Its just like justifying the terror attacks in India for the sake that everyone hates Pakistan.
Well Divya they did not think that they when they did the Kaluchak massacre.nor during26\11.IF you see them they are a quite nazified society with only bile for india not exactly a people to my taste

divya

Well Divya they did not think that they when they did the Kaluchak massacre.nor during26\11.IF you see them they are a quite nazified society with only bile for india not exactly a people to my taste
Was it a common man?????
Was it a 5 year old child who did that?
That way can we say that the riots in India or the communal incidents in India are generalized view points of India?

Anti India sentiment is just like we have anti pakistani sentiment but this does not mean one should go on rejoicing the killing of civilians.

Iamanidiot

Divya..the last person we need to give sympathy to is a pakistani...no not my taste..The language they understand is the language of the gun...and that is what they need.The naxal minions need more sympathy than these scum.Even Dr Binayak sen needs more sympathy.atleast he was doing some treatment to a fellow indian..not these guys..

End of Argument

divya

Divya..the last person we need to give sympathy to is a pakistani...no not my taste..The language they understand is the language of the gun...and that is what they need.The naxal minions need more sympathy than these scum.Even Dr Binayak sen needs more sympathy.atleast he was doing some treatment to a fellow indian..not these guys..

End of Argument
well our local issues do not fall under the iota of when we discuss international issues. Maoists and mr sen are our local issues and are equally important.
Anyways An eye for eye just makes the whole world blind.
End of Discussion.

Oracle

I'm wondering should I rejoice or should I mourn? I think I'll sit back, relax, and enjoy some loud musik. 1,224 less Pakistanis to think about!

divya

RIP to the dead....................................

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
well it seems that the ghost of"kill by a thousand cuts" policy towards india has returned back to haunt them.

Tomcat

i am toasting a coke now i want to see the indus run red with blood call be a hard hearted monster i even told this to my pakitani colluge in uae

bhogta

I think, this the only way Pakistani people will learn their lesson.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles