The Glorious Army of Hind: The Indian Army in Pictures

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
ALBY are you sure that the second one is of a PARA :hmm:
Even though there are no maroon beret in his head,but the VZ58 makes me assume that he is of SF.VZs are found in the hands of reguulars very rarely and RR is equipped wwiith AKs.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag

MEN OF 8TH SIKH AFTER CAPTURING TIIGER HILLS

2nd rajput on the top of the Tololing

Battle for tololing

LT: Sachiin Nimbelkar being hugged by Lt:Avesh Kumar after coming back safely after the capture of Tiger hills.It was after his third attempt Nimbelkar captured the tigerhill and duuring this operation he lost 6 men of his team.

Rage

DFI TEAM
No matter how much you eat, nothing happens..
LoL! I've seen some of these Army guys eat and I know that they can wolf down their food.

Somehow I don't understand why the IA, or for that matter paramilitary organizations in this country, can't hold their weapons barrel-down in a correct gun-safety position.

Last edited:

Snuggy321

This man needs some meat on his bones!.
You cant tell about the physical fitness level of person by just looking at him. There is a huge difference between looking fit and being fit. But BSF should care about the equipment in terms of gear. But replacement of sterlings is already a good step

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Those sub-machine guns are more dangerous than our 9mm carbines to us..

Rage

DFI TEAM
You cant tell about the physical fitness level of person by just looking at him. There is a huge difference between looking fit and being fit. But BSF should care about the equipment in terms of gear. But replacement of sterlings is already a good step
No I can't. But if the posture of that man is any indicator, he certainly doesn't appear very fit. Then again I could be very wrong.

From my experience with different law enforcement agencies, a man with meat on his bones, who is big or tall, is generally taken more seriously. The implicit threat of force- from a body frame that is instinctively recognized to be able to deliver it- is very useful in policing duties. Where body frames are small, you have to resort to other measures to convey that instinctual recognition- like abruptness or brusqueness- that can take away from policing duties. And this phenomenon is quite magnified in India, I'm sure you'll be able to corroborate it. One of the first things we teach students in Krav maga is to work out because (apart from being physically fit) prevention is better than cure. Of course, this indictment is limited to policing roles. Which that man appears to be doing outside that institution.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
^^
Seems those photos are "thumbnails" and can't be enlarged?

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Exercise EKUVERIN-12: India-Maldives Military Engagement

Soldiers from the Maldivian Army took part in joint exercises with their Indian counterparts in Belgaum, Karnataka.
The exercise that lasted for around 13 days, started on November 12, 2012. 45 soldiers of the Madras Regiment represented the Indian side, with an equal number of MNDF Marine Corps soldiers. Named 'EKUVERIN-12'+, it focussed primarily on Counter- Terrorism/Insurgency & hostage rescue missions. Facilities of the Maratha Light Infantry Regimental Centre in Belgaum were utilised for this engagement. The next round would be held in 2013, with Maldives playing host. Posted below are a collection of pictures from the exercise.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Looks like circular firing squad. What is this formation?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles