JF-17 Thunder Performance In Izmir Air Show 2011,Turkey

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Pakistan Air Force JF-17 Thunder Performance In Izmir Air Show 2011,Turkey

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackwater

sooooooooo What. Can they sell it...... noooooooo. They don't have rights to sell this junk. Or may be they are doing advertisement free of cost in lieu of free planes

chex3009

Country flag
Why JF-17s never ever have completed a proper loop? Any Expert can throw some light on its performance here.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Man this Junk is heavy....They would require a new and more powerful engine even to compete with 3-4th Generation fighters.....I am not talking about poor and downgraded avionics which Junk Fighter lacks......I am simply talking about T/W ratio, where power of the engine plays a significant role with the weight of A/C.....This aluminium junk has all the problems!!

P.S: It cannot do loops as it lacks basic thrust and air-frame robustness, if u see the above video u will find the pilot is constantly flying with afterburner, this talks a lot about T/W and fuel efficiency!!

Last edited:

A.V.

JF-17 in turkey, what do u make of it now

Last edited by a moderator:

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
Man this Junk is heavy....They would require a new and more powerful engine even to compete with 3-4th Generation fighters.....I am not talking about poor and downgraded avionics which Junk Fighter lacks......I am simply talking about T/W ratio, where power of the engine plays a significant role with the weight of A/C.....This aluminium junk has all the problems!!

P.S: It cannot do loops as it lacks basic thrust and air-frame robustness, if u see the above video u will find the pilot is constantly flying with afterburner, this talks a lot about T/W and fuel efficiency!!
OK, the JF-17 is a junk, what about LCA. LCA is supposedly almost entirely made from (imported) grade-A composite materials, it also features advanced (imported) jewish radar and eletronics, and it is powered by argurably the best middle-sized turbofan today in the form of (yankee-made) F404, and finally it took (self-claimed) world-class indian engineers 3 -decades to design, build and test to perfection. Guess this should make the LCA a top-5, if not a top-3 fighter in the world today? But wait a minute, 10 years into flight testing, it still has not even acheved its basic aerodynamic performance criteria. Max speed 1350km/h (some claim Mach 1.6, no real evidence to support it), 6g max, 22 degrees AA, is all it can muster. These numbers are so pedestrian, that any modern jet should have achieved them within first year or two of the test phase. And despite being cleared to enter service, LCA has to this day not fired a single round with its canon. And comparing flying performances at the airshows, contrary to the opinion of understandably biased crowd here and at BR, JF-17 clearly performs better than the LCA, much more fluid and dynamic.

JF-17 might be low in tech, but it is farther along than LCA in all actual matters, like prodcution status, operational readiness, actual flying performance, weapons integration, etc. LCA looks good, but unfornately only on paper, maybe it has too much top-notch (imported) components.

Last edited:
Country flag

The plane has a history of being very smokey and engine fires.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Not impressed after what I saw various planes do at the aero india including the LCA. Yes you cannot compare a Rafale with JF, but I didn't see it try a slow "hover", a vertical climb. Almost during the entire flight, it was going around in circles and that too with quite a big radius.

I am not too knowledgeable about in depth technicalities, but that's my 2 paise.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
jf-17 is a absolute blunder that even the chinese have no intersest in it.it is inferior in performance even to mig-21 bison.only the pakistani's are very interested in it because they cannot manage anything better by begging.

maomao

Country flag
OK, the JF-17 is a junk, what about LCA. LCA is supposedly almost entirely made from (imported) grade-A composite materials, it also features advanced (imported) jewish radar and eletronics, and it is powered by argurably the best middle-sized turbofan today in the form of (yankee-made) F404, and finally it took (self-claimed) world-class indian engineers 3 -decades to design, build and test to perfection. Guess this should make the LCA a top-5, if not a top-3 fighter in the world today? But wait a minute, 10 years into flight testing, it still has not even acheved its basic aerodynamic performance criteria. Max speed 1350km/h (some claim Mach 1.6, no real evidence to support it), 6g max, 22 degrees AA, is all it can muster. These numbers are so pedestrian, that any modern jet should have achieved them within first year or two of the test phase. And despite being cleared to enter service, LCA has to this day not fired a single round with its canon. And comparing flying performances at the airshows, contrary to the opinion of understandably biased crowd here and at BR, JF-17 clearly performs better than the LCA, much more fluid and dynamic.

JF-17 might be low in tech, but it is farther along than LCA in all actual matters, like prodcution status, operational readiness, actual flying performance, weapons integration, etc. LCA looks good, but unfornately only on paper, maybe it has too much top-notch (imported) components.
In your own words you have admitted that LCA is far superior than the Junk Fighter, you people still don't understand that our philosophy is not cheap copy cat equipment in large quantity or lets say what beggar pakistanis believe in i.e get whatever you can beg for and project it as the best even when it is as pathetic as the Junk Fighter and everyone laughs at their dumb utterances a....we believe in technology that too with proper JVs and not cheap Junk copycat A/Cs flying in the air.....hence superior technology and equipment!

LCA fare much much better in avionics and radar than the Junk Fighter. Moreover, its composites cant be compared with the flying tin can.......OK lets leave the technicalities for a sec and please answer me a single question......if Junk Fighter is such a good a/c then why didn't PLAAF induct it??:)

P.S: Indian Air Force has given IOC to LCA MK-1 and there are bigger plans to induct LCA MK-2 with even better avionics and engine be it MK-1 F404 or MK-2 F414 (or equivalents) and on the other hand China is not interested in their own flying Junk Fighter which can drop bombs......we are inducting best of the best be it Rafale, PAKFA or upgraded Mirage-2000 5 Mk2.....way superior to Chinese material, leave alone beggar ass pakistan.....Kindly, understand we go for quality not Junk quantity!!

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
In your own words you have admitted that LCA is far superior than the Junk Fighter, you people still don't understand that our philosophy is not cheap copy cat equipment in large quantity or lets say what beggar pakistanis believe in i.e get whatever you can beg for and project it as the best even when it is as pathetic as the Junk Fighter and everyone laughs at their dumb utterances a....we believe in technology that too with proper JVs and not cheap Junk copycat A/Cs flying in the air.....hence superior technology and equipment!

LCA fare much much better in avionics and radar than the Junk Fighter. Moreover, its composites cant be compared with the flying tin can.......OK lets leave the technicalities for a sec and please answer me a single question......if Junk Fighter is such a good a/c then why didn't PLAAF induct it??:)

P.S: Indian Air Force has given IOC to LCA MK-1 and there are bigger plans to induct LCA MK-2 with even better avionics and engine be it MK-1 F404 or MK-2 F414 (or equivalents) and on the other hand China is not interested in their own flying Junk Fighter which can drop bombs......we are inducting best of the best be it Rafale, PAKFA or upgraded Mirage-2000 5 Mk2.....way superior to Chinese material, leave alone beggar ass pakistan.....Kindly, understand we go for quality not Junk quantity!!
LCA looks better on paper, that was all what I was refering to. Unfortunately when it comes to actual performance, LCA lags behind, thus all those billion dollars invested and the 30 years-long effort have become a fruitless excercise for India. LCA is less than all the parts it is made of, that's the problem, no more no less.

As why PLAAF has not inducted JF-17, I can think of couple reasons. Logistics may be one, range could be another as China is much larger than Pakistan and thus requires a fighter with good range, obviously J10 suits the bill much better than the JF17 does in this regard (don't think the range given for JF-17 at the turkish airshow is correct).

JF-17 will use KLJ-7 radar which according to wiki has maximum range greater than 100km (5 m^2 targets), and is capable of engaging 2 targets simutaneusly. This indicates that it is a better radar than virtually all jet fighter radars India has today, except for the ones on Su30MKI. Coupled with an active homing missile like the PL-12, JF-17 will be a fairly capable frontline air-superiority fighter a role it was designed for.

maomao

Country flag
LCA looks better on paper, that was all what I was refering to. Unfortunately when it comes to actual performance, LCA lags behind, thus all those billion dollars invested and the 30 years-long effort have become a fruitless excercise for India. LCA is less than all the parts it is made of, that's the problem, no more no less.

As why PLAAF has not inducted JF-17, I can think of couple reasons. Logistics may be one, range could be another as China is much larger than Pakistan and thus requires a fighter with good range, obviously J10 suits the bill much better than the JF17 does in this regard (don't think the range given for JF-17 at the turkish airshow is correct).

JF-17 will use KLJ-7 radar which according to wiki has maximum range greater than 100km (5 m^2 targets), and is capable of engaging 2 targets simutaneusly. This indicates that it is a better radar than virtually all jet fighter radars India has today, except for the ones on Su30MKI. Coupled with an active homing missile like the PL-12, JF-17 will be a fairly capable frontline air-superiority fighter a role it was designed for.
You are running around the bush with tin can of an a/c.....The question remains if Junk Fighter is such a superior fighter with such High quality Chinese avionic...why wouldn't China which has half of its fleet with old Russian or Russian copied jets employ such a fighter with such home made avionics?? Don't give me BS about range....half of your a/cs dont have great range barring SU-27s and its copy cat design J-11....If your KLJ-7 radar which is a highly low-grade radar is considered by pakistanis to be great....then why were they Running to French and Brits for Avionic.....Fact remains they know and have realized that Chinese avionics are pathetic when compared to what India is acquiring, when everyone denied them superior tech, they had no choice to acquire sub-standard tech hence chinese avionics!! :)

As per LCA being a paper plane, I think you have been getting updates from pakistani kids or pakistan af, as they are the ones who live in a delusional world....we will spend billions if we have to master a tech or simply get a JV (HOWEVER not steal the way chinese do).....As I had said LCA has best of the best avionics in its class be it French or Israeli avionics..... more that what u or pakistani can imagine! LCA has IOC with more orders from IAF......Junk Fighter has ZERO, Ziltch, 0000000 orders from PLAAF.......No doubt it's a superior a/c , for pakistanis F-16 is a frontline fighter not this Junk Fighter LOL

Kindly, do not compare SU-30MKI with this Chinese Junk....MKI is more than anything you have, leave alone pakistan. Our Mig-29SMTs, Rafales and Mirage-2000 5 are going to have Zillion times better radars than a highly unreliable Chinese radar KLJ, stop living in lala land!!

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Why JF-17s never ever have completed a proper loop? Any Expert can throw some light on its performance here.
Think about it, its dry thrust is equal to one M88-2. If it goes into full loop it will stall without AB.

Solid Beast

Engine issue points to deficiencies in WVR combat, and the missiles for A2A and radar are in the lowest categories when compared to modern western and even some eastern designs. It's supposed to go up in the air, fly for 5 minutes to its target, engage it, and come back. Not exactly air superiority or meant for deep strike. I think PAF wants to use this as a bomb truck because the aircraft this junk replaces were used for bombing role. However it also fails in this category as the first batches are not A2G capable! It actually has a clash of personalities and the fact that China has not shown interest in them makes the logistics chain more expensive and slow for PAF. The engines are also Russian, and these can be stopped at any time during an international crisis especially. It's been a disastrous decision for these idiots, they can neither make them at home nor put them up against anything modern. It just shows you what a corrupt force can do to taxpayer money. These guys sat around for 2 decades buying plots and hookers, and throwing weddings instead of truly modernizing the air arm and ran into a wall when they were forced to go to the Chinese.
Pakistan is in trouble, soon even the Afghans will be a challenge aerially speaking.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles