Indian Military Trains

agentperry

i want something like swat cats in our trains. anti-aircraft guns on coaches and missiles( smaller one-sam) to act as remote batteries for far away depots and stores.

Naren1987

I was just thinking, why not have a vast, high speed, I'm talking 200 Kmph, train network along our borders?, connecting every part of Kashmir
Speed acts as a great force multiplier.
Just think about it, a smaller smarter, less expensive Army.

Last edited:

Param

I was just thinking, why not have a vast high speed, I'm talking 200 Kmph train along our borders?, connecting every part of Kashmir
Speed acts as a great force multiplier.
Just think about it, a smaller smarter, less expensive Army.
Maybe policy makers and strategic experts need to borrow some brain.:D

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Some thing Interesting In Russian..

Last edited by a moderator:

hitesh

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Arjun tank on train

Details of Rail car >>

BFAT Wagons are fitted with transition type center buffer couplers along with side buffers. This enables the wagon to be coupled to other rolling stocks either with center buffer couplers or screw couplers. Chains with pockets for lashing of tanks on the Wagon are provided. Four numbers of loading end flaps are provided over side buffer at both ends to facilitate loading of MBTs. Lashing chains and track guides are provided for guiding the movement of the tanks during loading and unloading as well as Wedge stops for securing the MBTs during transportation.BFAT Wagons are specially designed for transportation of main battle tanks viz., Arjun, T-72 / T- 90 and BMP-II.The Underframe is a heavy welded flat structure fabricated with steel plate flooring. Underframe will have provision to accommodate center pivot pin for bogies, buffers and transitional coupling.Bogies are of 3 Axle fabricated welded type with cylindrical roller bearing and brake linkage. The suspension arrangement is with leaf spring interlinked with the three axles through fulcrum lever.BFAT Wagons are provided with dual Brake. Air brake system of single pipe graduated release type. Air brake cylinders, valves, reservoirs, piping etc. are mounted on the bottom side of the underframe. The wagons are also provided with a hand brake. Vacuum pipe is also provided for attachment with vacuum rolling stock.

GPM

Tihar Jail
Banned
oops, my bad. Duplicate.

Last edited:

GPM

Tihar Jail
Banned
I saw a military train. Special features.

One I class compartment CO's family and other officers. Armed MPs guarding it.

Each company of 120 odd crammed in a general compartment. 3 cos in all.

Kitchen in a goods wagon.

A flat bed carried flower pots of the CO and his car.

Some sealed wagons, perhaps for arms.

A fantastic military train it was.

___
Armoured train? Was the track too armoured?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
@GPM, I never heard some CO of some unit is authorized to take family in a Military train..

Where this was ?

GPM

Tihar Jail
Banned
@GPM, I never heard some CO of some unit is authorized to take family in a Military train..

Where this was ?
I saw it myself some years ago.

So bad, quick cameras were not there at that time.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles