Indian military in video games

Koovie

Video games have a massive influence on the people today and there are many games with a military topic. But there are still only a few one which have the Indian military.
Do you know any games and which experiences you have??

I thin it would be cool if someone could make a Battlefield 2 mod which includes the IA :p

warriorextreme

Country flag
rome total war alexander has indian faction..
but thats not from modern era

Koovie

oh yes of course the total war series. Empire Total War includes the Maratha Empire, and if you star a revolution against the monarchy, you even can found the Republic of India ! (but I dont know if this is very accurate?)
However there are 20 Indian units like Bargir Infantry Ghoorkas, Sikh musketeers...etc and huge battles in nice graphic quality. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_ovdWBcuHg

warriorextreme

Country flag
oh yes of course the total war series. Empire Total War includes the Maratha Empire, and if you star a revolution against the monarchy, you even can found the Republic of India ! (but I dont know if this is very accurate?)
However there are 20 Indian units like Bargir Infantry Ghoorkas, Sikh musketeers...etc and huge battles in nice graphic quality. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_ovdWBcuHg
yeah empire total war is cool :)

SHASH2K2

If anyone play Rise of Nations here then they do have indian civilization . Though its very similar to Persians but it has some unique features like elephants and other Indian units. they have given some decent capabilities to Indian civilization .

warriorextreme

Country flag
If anyone play Rise of Nations here then they do have indian civilization . Though its very similar to Persians but it has some unique features like elephants and other Indian units. they have given some decent capabilities to Indian civilization .
yeah rise of nations:thrones and patriots

also age of empires: asian dynasties has indian empire with cool indian units

pmaitra

Civilization, the latest being Civlization V has India among many others.

Here's the list:
America
Arabia
Aztec
China
Egypt
England
France
Germany
Greece
India
Iroquois
Japan
Ottoman
Persia
Rome
Russia
Siam
Songhai

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Play as MEA in Battlefield 2. All the equipment is identical to Indian Military.

Koovie

I know :) too badly that DICE didnt added the Indian Army (real) instead of the fantasy arabic nation :(

gogbot

I have yet to come across a game that has the modern Indian Military as an Active Playable faction.

However These Are the Games that have India as a civilization.

Civilization 1 -5(prett'y much the entire series, Civ 5 is extremely good)
Rise of Nations Thrones and Patriots expansion
Age of Empires III Asian Dynasties Expansion
Rome Total War Alexander Expansion
Empire Total war

In , Frontlines fuel of war
Their is interesting Back story in the Game , regarding India China Tensions , And how India was forced to Join NATO when China and Russia formed an alliance.
The game starts of pretty Much with the China Russia Alliance fighting of against US NATO , it pretty much mentions that China and India are in active heated Hostilities.

Well anyway Since the Game Ends with the Fall of Moscow and the Chinese seemingly Bombing the shit out of all the forces that took part in the assault .
If they ever make a sequel which will have more to do with China , You might see India in a more active role. Keep an eye out if your Interested.

When they were making CnC Red Alert 3 , they were considering Using India as faction, they went with Japan in the end.
If they ever make a sequel to CnC General , Which had China as faction . It is very likely they might add India as well as others.

There are probably a few nation building games that have India as a playable faction

But i know you want a game with today's modern Indian Military , but if it's out there i definitely do not know about it.
And i have been keeping an eye out for it nearing a decade now , even since
i heard CnC generals had the PLA , and my Chinese friend would not shut up about it at the time.

IF you are really that interested , i heard about some mods out there That Add weapons Like the INSAS to Military sim's .
You can play Tom Clancy's HAWX that Almost has IAF's Entire Inventory , in one form or the other.

There was this one Tom Clancy game i played years and years ago when i was a kid , which placed the player in control of US Carrier Battle , and You had to stop India invading Sri Lanka on the first level , by bombing the shit out of IN and IAF . It was actually quite deep.
It was called Navy something , can't remember now.

That's about all you are going to get out of me.

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I once nuked India, china, persia, uk and usa all at the same time.

I was playing as a russian or a german.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Empire 2 total war: Indian factions- Mughals, Marathas, Mysore, and Sikh Punjab..

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
My favorite era of Indian military is the Mauryas. For those that are familiar with Rome Total War, here are some pics from the South Asia mod:

Conscript Spearmen

Longbowmen

Kshatriya Swordsmen from Ujjain (fiercest of the Mauryan warriors)

Kshatriya Swordsmen from Gandhara (notice the Greek influence)

Kshatriyas from Sindh/Lower Indus

Gandharan Cavalry

War Chariots

And everyone's favorite... armored war elephants

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Here is some better ancient Indian pics.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles