Which Battalion of IA are these soldiers!

bhramos

Country flag

Are this soldoers from IA!!! or are these any terror group from Northern India????
they are carrying both INSAS and M-16....
please help me. advanced thanks.......

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
They look more like some NE rebel group, definitely not IA, don't get fooled by INSAS, there uniform is not IA nor accessories, could be an old pic of disbanded ULFA!!

gogbot

http://www.hindustantimes.com/All-women-BSF-battalion-to-man-India-Pak-border/Article1-452876.aspxhttp://www.hindustantimes.com/All-women-BSF-battalion-to-man-India-Pak-border/Article1-452876.aspx

All-women BSF battalion to man India, Pak border
Kuldeep Mann, Hindustan Times
Email Author
Attari, September 11, 2009

Armed women guards in combat uniform manned the border with Pakistan on Friday, a first. The Border Security Force (BSF) has been a men's domain for over 62 years. Women from nearby villages gathered to cheer the ladies in uniform. At crossing 104, many of them waited to be frisked by women guards for what would be their first visit to their fields across the barbed fencing since 1988-89.

Gian Kaur, 62, of Roranwala village, was in tears as she glimpsed at her fields after 20 years while she waited to be frisked.

Nine more women of the same village crossed the fencing in quick succession, some with meals for the men at work.

Free movement at the front was curtailed in 1988-89 by raising a barbed fence to keep out Pakistani infiltrators. Henceforth, it became a self-imposed taboo for women to not cross the fencing — raised along 550 km of the Punjab border — where BSF men would have frisked them.

The women's contingent was excited about their sensitive and challenging assignment.

"It is a dream come true for me. I had been looking forward to a posting on the front since my selection in the BSF," said Kiranbir Kaur.

BSF Deputy Inspector General Mohammad Aquil said that beginning with a few points, women would be stationed at all the fencing gates in Punjab in the next two months. They were trained to handle any situation arising at the border, he said. They would be put on day duty to begin with.

Kuldeep Singh, a farmer from Roranwala, said now that their women could lend a hand in their farms across the fencing, labour costs would go down.
I remember that picture along with many other that accompanied and were tagged with the story when it was happening.
The question of the M-16 rifle was also raised then, people discussed it a bit.

i don't remember much more than that sorry.

Rage

DFI TEAM
These are definitely not Indian Parmilitary soldiers. Nor are they BSF. Two things should point this out:

1. Look at their fatigues. These are BSF border troopers near the Indo-Bangladesh border:

These are BSF women patrollers near the Indo-Pak border:

2. Look at the sticker on the butt of their rifles. That symbol is characteristic of a snake, of a Naga militant group.

Besides, since when did Indian paramilitary forces start using M-16's?

KS

Bye bye DFI

Are this soldoers from IA!!! or are these any terror group from Northern India????
If they are indeed terrorists , then I pity the brave soldiers sluggin it out with them.

Look at the equipment they carry - M16 with UBGLs.

black eagle

Country flag
these are militants from NE... they are not from any indian security force...

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

These girls :)
Are from Nepalese Army..
Btw, They use different jungle camo.

These Girls belong to Nepali maoist...

Last edited:

Rahul Singh

Country flag

These womans are Nepali Maoists. INSAS is either looted from soldiers of RNA or it has been smuggled into Nepal after looting it from Indian paramilitary. M-16 either from Nepali forces (something which i doubt) or it is Chinese CQ 5.56.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Are you sure, Kunal bhai? It seems the camo is a little bit different, if you can show me a pic of Nepalese women soldiers with the same rifle butt sticker, I'll believe you.
@RAGE,
Its Difficult to get such a pic, but the woman dress is from army..

1. The red marking are not their which-are visible on moist soldiers..
2. These Woman soldiers are some SOF member, that can explain their dress

Regarding the rifle patch, i got a image but its a male..

The patch belong to particular SF regiment ( Same as RR ) or branch, not every Nepali solider`s gun have the same marking..

The RNA also use G36 and M14A4 with M4..

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

They are Maoist cadres dude. The M-16s that are Chinese-copies of the original and semi-automatic. INSAS are the ones that Maoists obtained from raiding remote security posts. This IS NOT Army.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
There are women in the Army.

They are officers.

Is there any women in the Army who are soldiers, let alone being in combat arms?

That should answer the query.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
身穿中国制军服的尼泊尔毛派武装 = China-made military uniforms, wearing the Maoists in Nepal.

Notwithstanding the literal translation it means Maoists of Nepal wearing Chinese made uniforms.

It also means that the Maoists are lackeys of the Chinese imperialists, to use the favourite terminology used by the Chinese, before they started following US capitalist ways to include crony capitalism!

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles