Need Suggestion:Wants to buy new laptop

Welcome

Country flag
1: Price Range : 35000 - 45000
2: Minimum requirement : i5/i3, 500 hard disk, 4 GB RAM, Numeric Keypad, 1 GB graphic card.
3: Which Laptop brand Service is best.I live in Gorakhpur and Lucknow(U.P.)
4: What is the performance of HP laptop? i listen they have overheat problem. But company say now there is no such problem in HP Laptop.
5: What is the performance of Dell, Toshiba and Samsung laptop ? Please do not Suggest Lenovo.....

Welcome

Country flag
please also suggest what is the performance of SAMSUNG laptop and Service support...

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
One thing you might like to check if WiBro enabled Laptops are available in the market, WiBro enables WiMax network which is the next generation of mobile technology aka 4G and is cheaper the 3G. For a numeric keypad it might be required to be a large sized laptop you may consider an external keyboard and mouse otherwise. If mobility is the concern, take care of its total weigthage. For home application you will be able to connect it to a LCD/LED and play with wireless keyboard/ laser mouse.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Got it from wiki
In India, Tikona Digital Networks (Independent services provider) offers WiBro service for up to 2 Mbit/s and 4 Mbit/s in many cities in India. 2 MBit/s Unlimited monthly costs Rs. 649.00 (roughly $14).
In my area their is BSNL WiMax, even I am considering for a WiMax connection now a days but even I am not aware of latest hardware available.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I am using Dell, I am happy with its performance. I have never used dell service, always the local guy, and this laptop has been thoroughly used/abused.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I would however recommend Asus to you, they are cheap. not sure about service.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
I loooove the Sony vaio/ Apple mac keyboard layout, though it dont have a numeric extra, the Panasonic Tough pad fascinates me :p

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Ask Sayareakd he has bought a laptop recently in about 32,000, he may tell you better. He is active in SB!

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Don't touch HP even with a barge pole.

Dell is standard sturdy laptop with good after sales service. Go for Dell Inspiron series that matches your budget and requirements. Bought a Dell laptop as a gift to bro-in-law.

p2prada

Dell is the best option. Personally I emptied a 9 cell battery in a year and there are no problems. If it is too expensive, then go for Asus.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Asus is value for money. Asus comes only with a one year warranty and not extendable to three like others. That was the case when I bought mine a couple of years back.

Dell gives you accidental warranty. I know of friends who have abused this system to their advantage. HP too has now started with accidental warranty. Both of them offer this for up to 3 years.

There is Acer too but I remember my first laptop was an Acer back in 2004 and I returned it in a couple of data for Compaq.

Lenovo :no: Chini :troll:
well all components in others are made in China anyways.

hicum1960

I Google some wat and found laptops with heavy discount have a look here :

discownt.com/Dell_Insp_3521_Core_i3_3217_4GB_500GB_15_6_UBUNTU_8GB_PEN_DRIVE?search=dell+laptop
discownt.com/HP_Envy_All_In_One_Rove_20_K014US_Core_i3_4010U_4GB_1TB_20_Touchscreen_WIN8?search=hp+laptop
discownt.com/Lenovo_Essential_G50_70_Core_i3_4010U_4TH_GEN_2GB_500GB_15_6_DOS_Lenovo_BAG?search=lenovo+laptop

anupamsurey

Country flag
buy a dell - they provide best service in India (to door step within 2 days ), most dell owners like me complain of its poor battery (my lasted 2 yr with almost 16 hr use a day), the best thing is you can smash your dell laptop to pulp and still claim replacements (of course within warranty time). one of my friend accidentally dropped his dell laptop from a 3 storey building and still got replacement for it. In dell, the Inspiron series is good. dell are cheaper and they get your work done.

HP are the best one in term of battery use, and product quality ..some of my friends claim that they used the battery for 4 yrs before replacing them. but the only drawback is their cost which is on higher side. the HP laptops are heavy in weight compared to dell, even a HP notebook weighs more than a full 16 inch dell laptop.

Then again cheaper laptops like Acer and lenovo are doing good too. but the silent treader is Toshiba,....many of the user say that it is a good laptop too.
befor purchasing a laptop you must ask what are your requirements and the configuration is set accordingly......I m a Medicine man so my requirements are pretty basic and i love to play action games too so something with I7 is good for me.....what about you ?

you can buy anything in laptops but my sincerer advise is to avoid purchasing Sony and Samsung laptops....too many consumer complain about them and the service is poor too.

Last edited:

Ashutosh Lokhande

buy a dell - they provide best service in India (to door step within 2 days ), most dell owners like me complain of its poor battery (my lasted 2 yr with almost 16 hr use a day), the best thing is you can smash your dell laptop to pulp and still claim replacements (of course within warranty time). one of my friend accidentally dropped his dell laptop from a 3 storey building and still got replacement for it. In dell, the Inspiron series is good. dell are cheaper and they get your work done.

HP are the best one in term of battery use, and product quality ..some of my friends claim that they used the battery for 4 yrs before replacing them. but the only drawback is their cost which is on higher side.

Then again cheaper laptops like Acer and lenovo are doing good too. but the silent treader is Toshiba,....many of the user say that it is a good laptop too.
befor purchasing a laptop you must ask what are your requirements and the configuration is set accordingly......I m a Medicine man so my requirements are pretty basic and i love to play action games too so something with I7 is good for me.....what about you ?

you can buy anything in laptops but my sincerer advise is to avoid purchasing Sony and Samsung laptops....too many consumer complain about them and the service is poor too.
he must have bought the laptop and might even sold it already. its been 2 yrs :lol:

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles