Are you smarter than a US Marine?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Other than the world "wilted", I got it all right!
@W.G.Ewald Welcome back sir:welcome:

Last edited by a moderator:

apple

I only did half it, but that's a good quiz. Does that determine which roles are offered to you, Mr. Ewald?

It's a very, very simple test and any native English speaker, who has passed primary school maths, shouldn't make any mistakes. But a half hour test shouldn't be used as a determiner of some ones ability.

This is an example of an Australian Defence Force aptitude test. It's some corporate, psycho-babble B.S.

Free Practice Aptitude Tests | Free Aptitude Test Examples

The Mechanical test section is to weed out morons. The Numerical and Verbal tests are actually, sort of, simple. But, the wording of the questions is mostly borderline ambiguous and you only have 8 minutes for the 8 questions. And the Abstract test is just wank.

First stage of Australian Defence Force recruiting is conducted by the private sector and they presumably came up with this test. The company that does the initial interview has to recommend you for a role to get to the next stage of recruiting and entrance for the ADF is very competitive i.e. at the height of our deployments to Afghanistan (in 2007?) we had over a 100,000 applicants competing for a few hundreds (I'm making up the few hundreds number) positions.

So, you could have a kid who got straight A's from difficult subjects in Year 12, is the captain of the Australian schoolboy rugby team, is a volunteer firefighter from a family with a history of service, who screws up the aptitude test and, at best, gets offered an interview for a position as a chef.

ninja85

got wrong on wilted,apprehension and lee question,

maths question took only 15-20 seconds but those glossary questions took 2-3 mins.

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
@apple

"Every US Marine is a Rifleman."

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles