Modernizing the AK

hitesh

New Scope Mount for AK Fans

Arsenal Inc. has a new optics mount for AK-style rifles. The SM-13 is made from a single piece of aircraft grade aluminum and is designed to attach to the side of an AK variant rifle for maximum stability, Arsenal Inc. officials maintain. The SM-13 follows the contour of the rifle closely. The low-profile design allows for the use of the iron sights when the scope mount is attached to the rifle. It relies on a time-proven steel adjustable locking mechanism that allows instantaneous attachment and release of the scope mount without any compromise to the accuracy and loss of zero, company officials say. It weighs 5.76 ounces and features a 7.5-inch Picatinny rail that runs along the rifle, from the end of the top cover to the rear sight leaf. It retails for $130.

http://kitup.military.com/2013/12/new-scope-mount-for-ak-fans-2.html#more-27007
But i dont think it will work with INSAS as insas has safety switch on left so it wont be possible to place it on insas

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Not this part, INSAS rail is on its dust cover ( Unlike AK dust cover, INSAS has a thicker one which does not move much ) but as for other parts like butt-stock and Grip are same as AK ..

I remember sometime back @Kunal Biswas was saying that: you can add most of the addons that you find on the AK's on INSAS without any hassle. So i would say yes, init Kunal Boss ?

Last edited by a moderator:

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag

Arsenal SAM7SF the very same weapon now being issued too the paamilitary personels with side rails to mount trijicon optics

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag

Definitive Arms Kalashnikov System.Ak101s modified to accept M4 magazines.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag

Red Jacket Firearms RS-KP MOR

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles